Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not a state of the board thread, I swear

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, June 22, 2007, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analytical

ccab

Sorry to hear about your father, Neil. I hope you're bearing up.

I think another thing is that BB usually carries the board through the summer months somewhat but this year's is just pretty shit, almost nothing funny in it at all. The thread reflects this. Just absolute unlikeable airheads.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Well obviously when I said that I meant that we're not all unlikeable airheads apart from Angst in my Pants and The Boston Pubic Louse.

El Unicornio, mang

non capisco

I've not noticed THAT much of a downturn apart from 'General Bullshit' certainly being a bit more wishy-washy of late. There's been plenty of interest in Picture Box (I've loved the 'recommend an obscure film' thread for example) and Comedy Chat, and the traditionally neglected Oscillations seems to be picking up a bit if anything.

Best wishes, Neil.

petula dusty

Sorry to hear you lost your Dad, Neil. Also relieved to hear you weren't named after Neil Sedaka.

Little Hoover

There's also not been that much comedy worth discussing lately, (partly because it's summer) even though in theory that doesn't directly affect the off topic forums it actually does because while people come here to discuss comedy they pop into the other places too.

And since everyone else has said it, it'd make me look like some unfeeling bastard if I don't, so condolences neil, (but seriously I do mean that)

Quote from: non capisco on June 23, 2007, 11:53:22 PM
I've not noticed THAT much of a downturn apart from 'General Bullshit' certainly being a bit more wishy-washy of late. There's been plenty of interest in Picture Box (I've loved the 'recommend an obscure film' thread for example) and Comedy Chat, and the traditionally neglected Oscillations seems to be picking up a bit if anything.

Best wishes, Neil.

Agreed. I'd be dissapointed if Picture Box was scrapped. Its a joy to converse with knowledgable polite folk about quality (non-comedy) film and TV, without such threads being quickly drowned out.

Hope you're OK Neil.

hoverdonkey

Really sorry for your loss Neil.

As far as the board goes, I don't know what the stats are, but I'm always under the impression it goes a bit quiet this time of year. It's the same everywhere ain't it? No real news around, everyone on holiday, nothing decent on TV until the autumn etc etc.

MissInformed

For what it's worth, I don't think the board has been in this incarnation long enough to make a decent judgement call. Let's not make this version of CAB into the Christopher Eccleston of internet forums, eh?

I kinda think it's pootling along well enough actually.

Our thoughts are with you Neil.

rudi

Condolences Neil.

And be glad your Pa wasn't a huge Englebert Humperdinck fan, eh?

The Widow of Brid

My condolences, Neil.

(And add me to the list of people who are really enjoying picture box and would like you not to scrap it).

ziggy starbucks

sorry to hear your bad news

all the best

quadraspazzed

fauxgems

This is all very heartwarming. Look how attentive we are to the hardship of an internet stranger.

I too Neil am sorry to hear about your Grandad.

23 Daves

I would also like to pass on my sympathies, Neil...

difbrook

niat

Just to add my condolences, Neil. What a pisser.

State of the board? It's fine. There are always peaks and troughs, and it's probably a bit of a trough at the moment, but the structure seems fine to me.

SetToStun

Deepest condolences, Neil, for as much as that means coming from a stranger.

I'm minded to agree with the slack summer interpretation, myself - I'm almost positive that things tend to quieten off at this time of year. FWIW, I was unsure about the GB/Picture Box split, but now I've got used to it, I think it works much better.

NoSleep

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Neil.

LeboviciAB84

Yes: warmest sympathy on behalf of all the Conference-level posters.

Anon

Sorry for the loss Neil.  While it's probably the last thing on your mind right now, the board seems fine - a little quiter, but it is summer aftre all. 

Still, best wishes.

actwithoutwords

Best wishes Neil. Hope you are ok. (Also, Happy Birthday)

On a different note, I was just wondering, does anyone know where Butnut is? He hasn't logged on for a month and his last.fm account has disappeared. I'm not sure when the latter happened, I only just noticed this evening.

MissInformed

Quote from: actwithoutwords on June 30, 2007, 01:14:10 AM
Best wishes Neil. Hope you are ok. (Also, Happy Birthday)

On a different note, I was just wondering, does anyone know where Butnut is? He hasn't logged on for a month and his last.fm account has disappeared. I'm not sure when the latter happened, I only just noticed this evening.

Sheepy & Butnut exchanged PMs over in The Other Place only last week. Butnut is well and happy and taking a wee internet break at the moment. I think he nixed his Last.fm account as he's planning to start again there from scratch.

Happy Birthday Neil!

Marvin

drberbatov

The grief may well have passed but I would like to offer my sympathies