Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is this the worst album artwork ever?

Started by Regular Chicken, June 24, 2007, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godzilla Bankrolls

buttgammon

It's pretty awful, but I've got another contender and it just happens to be an album I quite like.

Paranormalhandy

I know the Twang plagiarised everything they could get their hands on - but to rip off the Mighty Boosh's Mod Wolves seems a little desparate.

What about this classic, by the way?  Royal Trux's "Sweet Sixteen":

buttgammon

surreal

heh, I've posted this link before:  http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/worst-album-covers

aaaaand its just goes on like that....

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Bow down (and sick up a little in your mouth) to the majesty that is The Scorpions 'Virgin Killer'. I mean how did any one apart from Gary Glitter ever think that a borderline CP photo was the best cover to put on this record?

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/974/virgin1kc7.jpg NWS

surreal

Christ, I know Scorpions had some dodgy album covers but I'd forgotten all about that.... wow.

non capisco

Sweet weeping Jesus. And people still go on about the Blind Faith one.

buntyman

haha congratulations - extremely poor taste, now where's that Artemis to Photoshop Maddie's face onto it and get the site closed down?

Glebe

Paaaaul

and NSFW FFS

"The Sensuous Black Woman Meets the Sensuous Black Man" - a compilation...
Spoiler alert
[close]

Paaaaul

There are loads of websites full of shite album covers....

this is my favourite

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/worst-album-covers

boki

Quote from: Regular Chicken on June 24, 2007, 08:47:11 PM
..yes, yes it is.

It ain't that bad...especially in comparison to what I've heard of their music.  Admittedly, I've only heard one song, but it was more than shite enough to put me off wanting to willingly encounter their efforts in future.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The twangs album cover is just the sort of cack vector photoshop shit people on my course have been churning out for ages.

Still, I reckon it'd have been better without the twangs lettering up there.

Cack Hen

Some great covers posted here, but none compare to the greatest LP cover of all time.

I just think the Twang one is shit in a way that all these others aren't. It's not lovable, odd, or whacky.

It's Barley.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's nightclub flyer standard graphic design, nothing more.

$10 entry, $8 before 11
Smart casual, no caps, no attitude

Glebe

I've seen this s(h)ite before. I actually have the Manowar Anthology on CD. Ken, Wolf, Battleaxe and Thank You For The Dove (just for the name) are standouts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I quite like Roxy Music and Scorpions album covers, I like the look of the photography, and they're rather odd. Not in a tacky way but in a slightly maverick way.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not sure how many more facets you could possibly include really. Roger's done a grand job.

buttgammon

chocky909

There are too many of these kind of covers on that coverbrowser site. Perfectly ordinary cover but because it's got lesbians on it, it becomes an awful one?

Can I suggest:

Not the worst in the world but pretty awful considering what a great (IMO) band and album they/it are/is. I can't be the only one that thinks that can I?

Pseudopath

Quote from: chocky909 on June 25, 2007, 12:19:22 AM

Not the worst in the world but pretty awful considering what a great (IMO) band and album they/it are/is. I can't be the only one that thinks that can I?

It's not a great album though, is it? I love Radiohead as much as the next miserablist, but it's a lot easier to convince yourself that their career started with The Bends. The band certainly seem to.

sproggy

Pablo Honey is pretty weak.  Always nice to see Brown Gems though.

hundred

Personally, I love the better Pen & Pixel rap cover art, but I can appreciate that's it's hilariously bad at times. There are too many to post up but this is an example of a bad/funny one.

Here's A-Trak's loving tribute to them

Jemble Fred

Imagine the kerfuffle when that came back from the printers, only to find they'd mis-spelled 'TRACK'. The fools!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: non capisco on June 24, 2007, 10:30:06 PM
Sweet weeping Jesus. And people still go on about the Blind Faith one.

Fucking hell, seconded.  Never seen that one before, surely you can't still buy it with that cover!?  There's no way I'm typing the title into Amazon to find out...

(Mind you, I'm surprised whenever I see the Blind Faith one still retaining its original sleeve in HMV or wherever.)