Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2007: Round 1

Started by Gandhi, June 25, 2007, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandhi

The Draw;

glitch vs Abbie
sproggy vs DocDaneeka
LeboviciAB84 vs Micanio
Jutl vs Small Man Big Horse
Suttonpubcrawl vs Baxter
biniput vs Tetsuo Ironmonger
Beagle 2 vs Koant
fanny vs Lee Van Cleef
ETT vs Al Tha Funkee Homo
no_offenc vs The Boston Crab
Johnny Yesno vs chocky909
Swarfmonkey vs

Unless somebody signs up today, Swarfmonkey will get a bye into the next round.

Presuming that Swarfmonkey gets a bye, he and all the winners will proceed to round two accompanied by the four losers with the highest number of votes. This should leave us with sixteen players for round two.

fanny splendid

Sorry, I can only think of sarcastic answers.

swarfmonkey

What I mean is: do we have to finish by Sunday or something?

swarfmonkey

I'm sure that Gandhi said something about voting finishes on Sunday. So presumably the match needs to be finished before then.

What he's going to do if they aren't, I don't know. Some of the games won't have even stared by then. Tardy cunts.

I'm not intending to be snide at all but I've just heard no word for 36 hours so I hope all is well with my opponent. I know people want to keep it tight this year but a brief extension might be useful just for the first round, so people can get into the swing of it properly. I dunno, this is my first Wimblemong so feel free to shout me down or tag me cunty.

swarfmonkey

Why don't you serve, then? As I see it, if you start your match off and your opponent doesn't return serve you win by default. I think this is the only way we'll get the first round finished by Sunday.

After last year I think Gandhi needs to get his jack-boots on and kick ass.

He already served and I replied but it's been two nights now since I heard owt.

Koant

I pm'd my opponent - who was supposed to serve - early this week and got no reply so far. I'll try and serve tonight or tomorrow so as to stay in the game.

swarfmonkey

Quote from: The Boston CrabHe already served and I replied but it's been two nights now since I heard owt.

Oh yeah, (if I'd have actually looked I might have seen that, I'm stupid, ok?). Maybe you scared him off.

Does voting start on Sunday whether the match has finished or not?  We need answers!

Personally, I think the players who got their match finished really quickly should replace anyone that hasn't even started their game by Sunday. (It's the only way I'm getting through to round 2)

Quote from: swarfmonkey
Maybe you scared him off.

My Photoshopping is wank, I just relied on layers of wanky references. I doubt it's that. He said he had to move a washing machine, so maybe he has to move it to Wigan or something.

rudi

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 29, 2007, 03:08:29 PM
My Photoshopping is wank, I just relied on layers of wanky references. I doubt it's that. He said he had to move a washing machine, so maybe he has to move it to Wigan or something.

*stands and applauds*

Baxter

so what happens with my match then? it's getting a bit close to the line now.

Gandhi

If you're still waiting for your opponent to serve, then go ahead and begin the match yourself.

Most matches did not start until Tuesday and Wednesday, so i'll extend the deadline to midnight on Tuesday, and all voting will be completed by Midnight on Wednesday.

I'll post the second round draw early on Thursday morning.

Good call, Gandhi. The time difference between no_offenc and me should work nicely in our favour then.

Lee Van Cleef

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 29, 2007, 03:08:29 PMMy Photoshopping is wank

Ditto!  Being the eternal optimist (???) I thought joining in a photoshop tournament would make me work towards improving those skills.  Little did I know I'd end up using Jeremy Clarkson for cheap gags.

chocky909

I'm not being funny or nuffink but some serving players (cough glitch) have just posted their last mong leaving the reciever about an hour for their last one. Surely the deadline for servers should've been last night? Am I just bitter because I am being soundly tonked? Maybe.

Abbie

Indeed, and unfortunately I was hobnobbing with Tori Amos last night (from afar) so didn't have the chance to make a return. I will finish the match tonight though if there are no objections....? Usually, I would return same day.

EDIT> Saying that, what with voting, this round will really draaaaag if you wait for our match to finish. Ghandi - would you like to make a call?

Gandhi

Voting ends at Midnight, tonight. Voters can use their discretion as to whether or not they take a missing shot into account, when allocating their vote.

You can still post shots today, but the voters can vote whether you've finished, or not.

glitch

Eh, if it's that much of a problem I can just forfeit. Sorry.

fanny splendid

Seeeeeeeekeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!

Are you going this time, or are you going to wait until Abbie wins?

She always does!

glitch

Well if the whole contest is a foregone conclusion and I've got White Knights to contend with, I may as well, right? ;)

actwithoutwords

Quote from: Gandhi on July 04, 2007, 01:02:20 PM
Voting ends at Midnight, tonight. Voters can use their discretion as to whether or not they take a missing shot into account, when allocating their vote.

You can still post shots today, but the voters can vote whether you've finished, or not.

Heh, looks like Beagle 2 is going to claim a controversial victory. Drama here.

Small Man Big Horse

Heh, I just checked, and yup, Beagle 2 got 6 votes to Koant's 5. Nice one Beagle!