Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,396
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sucking a slug through a straw

Started by Emma Raducanu, June 25, 2007, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Raducanu

There was someone sat next to be on the train eating a sandwitch and the noise he was making sounded just like I'd imagine how sucking a slug through a straw would sound. The bread was presumably dry and I think he had teeth but why he made such a weird racket was beyond me. Sllluurrrpp, sslllooodddgee, sppluurlugeywurget. That's onomatopoeia that is.

Err so I guess what's your least desired sound? Or to stop this sinking so fast, any annoying experiences of sitting next to someone on public transport? and what is your favourite colour?

Jemble Fred

Emma Raducanu

There's a whole new topic right there. Should we start a new thread?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I hate whispering and brushing of teeth on television.

Lady Beaner

The sound of someone gagging. NO, not on that.

When my sister brushes her teeth she makes this horrid gagging sound, as though she had just shoved the whole toothbrush down the back of her throat. Urgh, makes me shiver just thinking about it.

El Unicornio, mang

You should hear her with a cock in her mouth

Ronnie the Raincoat

Can we stop with these "What's your least favourite/most favourite" etc threads?

non capisco

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 25, 2007, 08:26:31 PM
I hate whispering on television.

Same here. I hate the sound of whispering in 'real life' but when used in advertising and amplified I find it even more unbearable. That advert recruiting for the TA a few years back, with the boyfriend using supposedly 'army tactics' to hide from his girlfriend's parents, had the whole dialogue whispered loudly, including a phone number with a lot of repeated numbers. That was like tinfoil scraping on teeth.

Angst in my Pants

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 25, 2007, 10:03:27 PM
Can we stop with these "What's your least favourite/most favourite" etc threads?
You don't like them?  Which is your least favourite? sorry

MissInformed

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 25, 2007, 10:03:27 PM

If we're not careful, Neil might stop all the threads. How about if you don't like it, don't look? :-)

Jemble Fred

Jack Shaftoe

QuoteWhen my sister brushes her teeth she makes this horrid gagging sound, as though she had just shoved the whole toothbrush down the back of her throat. Urgh, makes me shiver just thinking about it.

My flatmate does this, I can hear her from the other end of the house.

I hate her so.

Totem Hokum

I believe fauxgems has a funny story to tell about an annoying train commuter.

EDIT - But he may not tell it now because I've announced it without his knowledge