Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,171
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:02:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TV related fonts

Started by Bert Thung, April 01, 2004, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert Thung

Does anyone know where I could download TV related fonts?  I've managed to find one in the style of The Goodies. Any others available?

fanny splendid

Are you after anything in particular?

Timmay

I always head for www.dafont.com/en first, then just Google it.

Bert Thung

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Are you after anything in particular?

Radio Times, from any era

fanny splendid

Frinky

While we're on fonts, anyone know what the font on the bottom row of text is?

Thankyou...

Bert Thung

Quote from: "fanny splendid"From any era?

Try here.

Thanks for that. But it only seems to do capital letters.  Is their a way round this, without getting a load of oblong figures?

fanny splendid

yeah, sorry about that. I have just checked it. You could try using 'Caslon' by Adobe for the lower case?

Like this,

Bert Thung

Can you download Caslon Adobe free?

Darrell

Anyone know what the font is for all the captions / DVD menus in Brass Eye is? It's also on the side of the Hitchhikers DVD, and the film poster for whatever that new film is that has Jim Carrey in.

I've been after it for ages, no-one ever seems to have it.

And does anyone know a good way of getting specific fonts for free now that fonts.com have created dozens of dummy sites to fuck up Google?

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Bert Thung"Can you download Caslon Adobe free?

I don't think so. I have the mac version, and if that's any good, i'll upload it. Or if you know how to convert a mac '.dfont' into a windows 'true type'?

Cerys

Has anyone ever noticed that the Goodies font is more or less identical to the Spangles font?  Very 70s....

mr rou-rou

Quote from: "Frinky"While we're on fonts, anyone know what the font on the bottom row of text is?

http://ecto-net.20m.com/miscpics/mattsebay/dmcfont.jpg

Thankyou...

hmm, you need that whore who says he did typography, Elderford was it?

It's a classic sans serif with an art deco(ish) jigger, technical terms, try and keep up. Nice round O's and broad M's and N's , narrow T's. the spacing (kerning) is tight.

Just to cobble one together I'd go with Century Gothic

try looking for classic sans serif font families and you might find it,

...and cue someone to come along and tell me i'm talking crap

ccab

Talking crap again rou-rou?

It's actually bughouse.

Frinky

Yay, you're both legends. CCAB, is that font actually Bughouse? I've been scouring my P2Ps but can't find it. Do you know where I could find it?

Rubbish Monkey

Frinky

Heehee, damn you CCAB, and thankyou, RM... I guess it's not Bughouse I'm after. What's the font in the brackets?

ccab

Oops - sorry about that frinky - I cheated with some little adjustments to futura book - I think the font you're after's a variant of that. T-26 do something called 'Imperfect'  which looks as if it's a gently vandalised version of the same font - if you could chase up it's paternity you'll probably find the font your after. The key features seem to be the elegant small-headed R, the E with it's disproportionately long lower part (oo-er) and that slinky S.