Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big, Fuck Off Hailstones

Started by chocky909, July 03, 2007, 05:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

Anyone in London just experience that big Thunderstorm just now. Those hailstones were massive weren't they? I though they were going to smash car windscreens. They were as big as bubblegum balls I'm sure. There was a moment when the hailstones first started, the thunder got bigger, the skies went very dark and the wind started to blow hard against my window, I thought judgement day had arrived (catholic upbringing).

It all blew over very quickly though. I'm so glad I took the day off work. It started exactly the time I'd have been leaving work. Although I'd have gotten a better view if I'd been in it. I was actually drawn away from watching the lightning which I love it was so violent. Great.

buttgammon

It was the General Medical Council doing it! Terrorist bastards!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'd be more comfortable with a theory that it was a multi-jurisdictional operation involving God, terrorist doctors and the royal family.

Uncle TechTip

These days I just can't abide "did you see x phenomenon?" stories without seeing first-hand pictorial or video evidence. Just a victim of the instant gratification culture, I guess. Come on, everyone's got a camera phone.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

My dad is a doctor AND he has a beard. And he has a car with petrol in and some nails stored somewhere. Do you reckon that I should shop him to the fuzz?

chocky909

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 03, 2007, 06:18:03 PM
These days I just can't abide "did you see x phenomenon?" stories without seeing first-hand pictorial or video evidence. Just a victim of the instant gratification culture, I guess. Come on, everyone's got a camera phone.

I did video it but I missed the good stuff. You'll just say I exaggerated if I show you it.

NoSleep

Fuck this weather. It's just taken the power-lines down so I'm in a powercut since about half an hour ago. Good thing this computer has batteries. The hailstones just now were of the small variety, but I've seen the big ones before.

Little Hoover

I'm not even that big a fan of hot sunny weather, but this rain and now hail stones and thunder really needs to fuck off for a bit, I mean it's july, can we just have a few days of sun and clear skies and then we can have another day of rain please.

hoverdonkey

I like it when the days are all lovely and sunny and it thunders and rains like a bastard at night, thus clearing the air and keeping it all fresh the next day. That sort of cycle seems to come around August though, when the humidity is ramped up. Sitting outside on the balcony at night when it's raining is a genuine joy.

chocky909

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJj9GTI21I[/youtube]

Excuse the voice, I've got a sore throat.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hah! Good work. July 4th, ladies and gents:

Marvin

I'm enjoying this thread purely for the war of the tags, somebody added 'you poor thing', someone deleted it, it was re-added, deleted, re-added, deleted etc. Who will win?! Particularly funny to think that somebody thinks that that tag is so important or witty that it absolutely MUST be there.

chocky909

buttgammon

Why can't we get big fucking hailstones over in Wales? It's discrimination coming from the Saesnegs as usual. They occupy our country and steal our hailstones...

NoSleep

just clicked the 'go back one' arrow on chocky's youtube and found this...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efJB42jFu-k[/youtube]

Uncle TechTip

chocky909

NoSleep

Quote from: chocky909 on July 04, 2007, 12:40:45 AM
No problem. You should read the comments.

You mean the fact that some of them are four months old? And that the vid is from Penrith, Cumbria April 4th 2006, not London July 3rd 2007?

LeboviciAB84

Quote from: chocky909 on July 03, 2007, 07:51:55 PM
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJj9GTI21I[/youtube]

Excuse the voice, I've got a sore throat.

My sound isn't working, but please tell me that had José González' Heartbeats dubbed over it.

Mr. Analytical

Amusingly, the video next to Chocky's hail extravaganza is :

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJc4xuFPcc[/youtube]

"Like Lead Soup"

hoverdonkey

Kingston's just had the mother of all thunderstorms. one fork of lightening was so close and was followed almost immediately by several claps of thunder that sounded not unlike the end of the world. It's been going on for a good 30 minutes at least and there are sirens going off everywhere. All this as payback for a couple of nice days that weren't even that hot. Ace to watch though

Baxter

Yes Kingston feels like it's receiving the wrath of Thor at the moment, thunder, rain, lighting and car alarms.