Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,397
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hilarious Fundementalist Christian Drama and Dance Routines:- Should I Go?

Started by SOTS, July 09, 2007, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOTS

Hello everyone.

My friend is asking me to chum her along to an apparantely hilarious Christian night. She's went the last couple of weeks with my friend Sarah and she says that it's a bunch of 17/18 year old American fundementalist christians who perform drama and dance routines and talk about how God has cured them and all of that shite.

Do I go for shits and giggles or do I avoid it like the plague in my fear of being brainwashed?

SetToStun

If you really can't find a better way of spending your evenings you might want to re-evaluate your choice of chums.

SOTS

We really don't. There's nothing happening in this little town.

SetToStun

Then pray that the years pass swiftly, so that you can leave school, get a job and  move. And find better chums, of course. Yours are clearly defective.

SOTS

Well, basically... The choice is going or staying in and sitting on here again.

Jack Shaftoe

Oooh, these things seem funny at first, then after about three minutes the horribleness sort of washes over you, and what's supposed to be entertainment crumbles into despair and you're left with a sick hollow feeling inside.

I reckon stay in and read a nice book. Or get pissed and sit on the church steps, that's what I used to do.

(although to be honest, the ratio of staying in and reading to getting pissed was about 70/30)

Unless you went and used it as research for putting on your own play, that would be cool. Just don't look directly into their christian eyes.

SOTS

It's not at a church. But getting pissed on the steps outside would be depressing. All my other friends are away on holiday at the moment so i'd be on my tod.

The Christians have already had a drunken woman yell abuse at them last week, though. It's old hat.

SetToStun

Quote from: SOTS on July 09, 2007, 05:16:43 PM
Well, basically... The choice is going or staying in and sitting on here again.

A certain auction site has a couple of Gamecubes for sale. I understand they're an entertaining way of spending a few hours with your friends. Seriously, going out to see something on the basis that it's going to be so crap it'll be funny has a 98% chance of being the most excruciatingly boring couple of hours you could ever imagine. This is the voice of experience - heed it well.

SOTS

I do have some games I could play but as I said, all other friends on holiday. Which is a bloody shame as it leaves with even less to do. Seven fucking weeks!

They could at least chop a couple off and add them onto Christmas and the October break!

Suttonpubcrawl

Are any of the Christians good lucking? Why not go and seduce one away from Christ?

SOTS

Sorry to double post but I think i've come to the conclusion that i'm not going but instead am staying and watching some Blackadder DVDs or some old Doctor Who or somesuch.

Yes, it means sitting in the house on my own again but that's just me isn't it? So probably not going but still could change mind last minute. I'm terrible at making decisions.

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on July 09, 2007, 05:40:54 PM
Are any of the Christians good lucking? Why not go and seduce one away from Christ?

I have absolutely no idea, the lot that I saw hanging around town were a different bunch. Not sure what they look like. The only details I have from friends is that there's a big fat cheery girl, an American jock stereotype with added Christianity and an obvious lesbian in denial.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

wheatgod

Go.
There was a Christian ROCK event every weekend at my university, which was always worth peeking in to.

SOTS

Dark Sky

What's an "obvious lesbian in denial"?  A girl who grabs other girls' boobs and then claims she was saving herself from falling?

SOTS

Well, she said she was having lesbian feelings before God saved her, she fits a stereotypical lesbian persona and yet she says she is no longer a lesbian because God says it's wrong and all that.