Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any breakcore fans?

Started by alan nagsworth, July 17, 2007, 05:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lovely sound but still a dab quiet in certain areas. Snares did seem particularly quiet, whereas other artists on the same stage (such as Scotch Egg) seemed immensely loud. Whoever said that Glade was rammed and shit is just being silly and probably cried because they were too muddy.

Famous Mortimer

I bought the Wrong Music compilation on the strength of this thread (and the Shitmat performances on Resonance) and I loved it. Loads of great music, absolutely packed full o' goodness for a fiver.

alan nagsworth

Good on ya man, Wrong Music is an awesome label

Famous Mortimer

:)

Also, I know they've been mentioned before but Cock Rock Disco have plenty of free stuff on their site, and the DJ Donna Summer comp is a lot of fun.

alan nagsworth

I'll look out for 'em when I get home. There's a lot of great breakcore compilations... Tigerbeat6 just released one (which is sorta breakcore, plus some weird indie crap that they're putting out aswell) called Let's Lazertag Sometime...

There's also Breakcore Gives Me Wood, featuring a lot of raggacore stuff and heavy gabba beats.. plus I hear it's a music festival.

Since I somehow got onto Oink I've downloaded nothing but breakcore. Sickboy, Cardopusher, Duran Duran Duran, Xanopticon, Shitmat, Knifehandchop... whoooa mama I'm getting wood!

Famous Mortimer

I think Duran Duran Duran is a great name for a band. If only my Oink ratio wasn't in the toilet.

boki

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 25, 2007, 10:08:24 AM
I think Duran Duran Duran is a great name for a band. If only my Oink ratio wasn't in the toilet.
The DDD single on Planet µ is class, quite surprising as well being more of a techno thing with ghettotech vocal samples.

Oh yeah, and Glade was ace but I'm still knackered!

djtrees

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 25, 2007, 01:21:31 AM
I bought the Wrong Music compilation on the strength of this thread (and the Shitmat performances on Resonance) and I loved it. Loads of great music, absolutely packed full o' goodness for a fiver.

Ooh which one did you buy was it Etc... cos if it is my band is on that as well, probably the only one you hate though. Not all breakcore all the time but its got tons of great and exclusive stuff that has been mentioned on here (Shitmat, DJ Scotch Egg, Donna Summer et al) and its dead cheap on a record label I help with find it http://classacomp.notlong.com if you want. If this is wrong then I'll remove it but thought people might enjoy it.

Famous Mortimer

It was Etc..., I can't say I've hated owt on it so far so you'll have to let me know which one you did.

djtrees

Ah glad you haven't hated anything yet. We are Stignoise Sound System, I think a track called Part Time is on there. Its not bad if you like that sort of thing.

alan nagsworth

of course it's not bad if you like that sort of thing, otherwise you woudnt like it =P

i'll look out for that comp though, sounds good

Analrapist

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHXYStUxaA[/youtube]

Shitmat and Ebola get interviewed while in Finland. There's also some nice live footage. All together now: HIT ME WITH YOUR GABBA KICK!

Capt.Midnight

Saw Vsnares and Shitmat at the music box in Manc, absolutely quality/sweaty night!

For any Whores new to breakcore this vid is a pretty good representation of what to expect live (it only really gets going 2 minutes in).
[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-weCXZWuA[/youtube]

...Unfortunately it's very hard to bring friends along to these things, one of my mates had to calm down/relax his brain cells by going in the Drum and Bass room. AZ WE IZ HARDCORE MOTHERFUCKAaaaAZZZZ etc etc etc...

Anyone got a favourite Snares album? I can't decide between Rossz Czillat, Meathole or Calvacade of Glee.

Shitmat was so drunk when we saw him that he mooned the audience several times, hit us with inflatables and eventually got kicked out of his own gig. All in all, breakcore gigs are fucking awesome, great mix of goths, oddballs and fuckheads. Not a beard stroking genre classifying twat in sight (yet...)

boki

Quote from: Analrapist on July 26, 2007, 04:24:05 PM
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHXYStUxaA[/youtube]

Shitmat and Ebola get interviewed while in Finland. There's also some nice live footage. All together now: HIT ME WITH YOUR GABBA KICK!

Henry Collins is a silly man.

DJ One Record

Quote from: glitch on July 18, 2007, 12:41:13 AM
As for the rest of it - if you love Snares' Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett then I recommend listening to more-gabba-but-still-a-breakcore-stalwart Bong-Ra's remixes of it. More jazzy than anything else, but absolutely sublime. 4 great takes on some excellent tracks.

Funny that you would mention the Bong-Ra remixes, as I can't really imagine breakcore fans particularly wanting anything to do with them. I'm not much of a breakcore fan and its certainly the only Venetian Snares slab of vinyl that's ever interested me. The remixes come on like a cross between Portishead and Amon Tobin without a single amen break in sight (although I should really stop paraphrasing the review of it I wrote for amazon.co.uk before I start sounding too journalistic).

What do people make of DJ /rupture? Not strictly breakcore (which I'm guessing is why he's yet to be mentioned) but I think his mixes and productions make some tremendous use of breakcore elements. Minesweeper Suite in particular has a tremendous breakcore section in its last quarter.

djtrees

DJ/Rupture is immense that is all.

glitch

Quote from: DJ One Record on July 31, 2007, 05:23:11 PM
Funny that you would mention the Bong-Ra remixes, as I can't really imagine breakcore fans particularly wanting anything to do with them. I'm not much of a breakcore fan and its certainly the only Venetian Snares slab of vinyl that's ever interested me. The remixes come on like a cross between Portishead and Amon Tobin without a single amen break in sight (although I should really stop paraphrasing the review of it I wrote for amazon.co.uk before I start sounding too journalistic).

Well, I wasn't suggesting they were breakcore, it's just that as the album was mentioned (I'm not typing it's name out again), I thought it was best to bring them up.

Famous Mortimer

As I mentioned the site a few posts ago, I gave the free albums from Cock Rock Disco a listen, and Ladyscraper's is absolutely superb. Liberal use of silly samples, great music, well worth a download I'd say.

Analrapist

Amen to that! I'm listening to it now and it's totally fucking nuts.

dmillburn

Good to see others have been enjoying the Ladyscraper album, there is also a free ep of metal mashups for download on his site here:

http://www.ladyscraper.co.uk/mainpage.htm

Not a patch on the album for me but might interest some of you.

Got Shitmat's new album a few days ago - what do people make of it? It's taken a few listens for me as it's pretty much a early 90's jungle by numbers album and has little in common with his usual output. A few duff tracks admittedly but there is some great stuff on there too, I'm loving it myself but then I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Analrapist

I got the new Shitmat album last night and I have to say I really like it. It's nice to see him giving the usual stuff a break for a while as I think the comedy mashcore stuff was in danger of getting a bit tired if he just did another Hang the DJ.

Charles Charlie Charles

Is this breakcore? Starts at 3.14

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIx4hxYY9yI&NR=1[/youtube]

glitch

I see what you did there. Hhahahahahahahahahahhaa.

No.

alan nagsworth

whitehead and morris should totally make breakcore

sookmafarter

breakcore gives me wood.

Especially Kid606's 'The Action Packed Mentalist Brings You The Fucking Jams' on Violent Turd.

20 minute meltdowns incorporating eminem, yello, missy elliot, A-Ha and Black Sabbath? Yes please.

has anyone heard the Donna Summer tribute to Iron Maiden album that's made up entirely of Maiden samples? The fact that I know it exists but have never heard it is driving me to despair.

boki

Quote from: sookmafarter on August 13, 2007, 06:24:27 PM
has anyone heard the Donna Summer tribute to Iron Maiden album that's made up entirely of Maiden samples? The fact that I know it exists but have never heard it is driving me to despair.

I've got it knocking around somewhere on me hard drive (I got some sort of coupon for the CRD store, so I figured it was worth a go for nowt), don't htink I ever bothered with the whole thing as it's one 50 minute track.  Seem to remember it being sort-of vvm style twisty ambient noise.  I'll give it a go now.

{half-an-hour later edit:} ...well, I think I've suffered quite enough for 'art' now...

sookmafarter

Quote from: boki on August 13, 2007, 09:00:48 PM
I've got it knocking around somewhere on me hard drive (I got some sort of coupon for the CRD store, so I figured it was worth a go for nowt), don't htink I ever bothered with the whole thing as it's one 50 minute track.  Seem to remember it being sort-of vvm style twisty ambient noise.  I'll give it a go now.

{half-an-hour later edit:} ...well, I think I've suffered quite enough for 'art' now...

One 50 minute track? ouch.

glitch

alan nagsworth

Any line-up news? That flash thing is pissing me off and the main site only links back to it.

glitch

No line-up announced as of yet. Maybe it's worth putting together a CAB chalet ;)