Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any breakcore fans?

Started by alan nagsworth, July 17, 2007, 05:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Analrapist

I'm there like a mashed pear. Can't wait for it!

Analrapist

I have no idea what the line-up will actually be, but at Bang Face there's a number of recurring artists and I'd be surprised if they didn't make an appearance. So I'm thinking Altern 8, Universal Indicator, Luke Vibert, Ceephax, Shitmat, DJ Scotch Egg etc.

Should be tasty, whatever happens!

glitch

I'll be going regardless, as I've not been to any of these Camber Sands gigs and this is the first one that will probably have a line-up I'll want to see (apart from when Autechre curated ATP and I missed out on tickets).

dmillburn

I thought I'd already mentioned it on this thread but Wrong confirmed they'd be at the next Drop Beats Not Bombs again:

Nov 10 - Drop Beats Not Bombs, Birmingham -Wrong Music Room With:
Shitmat Vs Shitnat, DJ Scotch Egg, Teknoist, Dr Bastardo, Mully, Demon Cabbage, Vexkiddy, Gusset, STIG Noise.... + More!

Also Scotch Egg is playing Bangface October 12th so might to have that

alan nagsworth

I think I wet myself. I'm booking this date off work.

dmillburn

It's looking good already and I'm sure they'll be plenty more added to the Wrong line-up nearer the time, plus of course there's the other 5 or 6 stages of stuff elsewhere yet to be announced. Thankfully it's back at The Custard Factory too, last week's was held at the newly reopened Que Club which was alright (first time I'd been and the main room is amazing) but just reminded me how good it is at The Custard Factory as there's no dickhead security or problems smoking to worry about

boki

Quote from: nagsworth on September 19, 2007, 06:27:52 PM
I think I wet myself. I'm booking this date off work.

Bah, you didn't want to go when I told you about it!

{flounces off}

Analrapist

I reckon I'm going to do Drop Beats Not Bombs. A bit pricey on the train but fuck it, that line-up is immense.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: boki on September 19, 2007, 08:19:05 PM
Bah, you didn't want to go when I told you about it!

{flounces off}

Sorry. That's what smoking weed has done to my memory.

boki

You don't need memories.  Loads of them are bad.  drugs ftw

djtrees

Whoo! Bangface in a chalet looks good, as dose the next one - cos Rupture is playing and he's great. I probably won't go to either though cos I'm a misery guts. However me band are playing at the next drop beats not bombs with yer wrong crew. I think we are going to have 4 trumpeteers, which should baffled pilled up gurners no end.

glitch

I haven't been to a Drop Beats Not Bombs gig in years. I might have to book some time off and head up there, on the condition that I can convince some goths up there to go - as it's the only way I can get crash space. I've spent enough time on platform 5* at New Street that I don't want to do it again.

* It used to be the warmest "waiting" room there, no idea what is now...

dmillburn

A few friends have stayed at the Formula 1 hotel on the small heath highway roundabout before when they've come up for other stuff, it' s literally 5 mins walk from the Custard Factory next to McDonalds and only £25 per room regardless of if it's a single, twin or triple room.  It's certainly not the plushest place though but for just over £8 each if you can rope a couple of mates into coming it would be fine

Analrapist

Ah, cheers for that! The first train up to York is three hours after Drop Beats finishes and I was dreading being stranded in Birmingham for that long.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Analrapist on September 19, 2007, 11:25:39 PM
I reckon I'm going to do Drop Beats Not Bombs. A bit pricey on the train but fuck it, that line-up is immense.
As will I, I reckon. First train back in the morning, job's a good un.

dmillburn

Here's the link for that hotel - http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/fichehotel/gb/for/3073/fiche_hotel.shtml#

As I said don't expect too much from the room (it's a sort of Happy Shopper Travelodge, you don't get your own toilet/shower but the rooms are clean) but for £25 between 2 or 3 it does the job and you don't have to leave until 12 next day. Only thing to watch is reception is only manned until about 9.30pm I think for checking in, if you are arriving after that you'll need the card you booked with to use in the weird automated thing to check in

Go With The Flow

I'll go to the Bang Face Weekend thing, it looks epic!

alan nagsworth

OH MY GOD!! I never thought I could ejaculate consecutively, 20 times in a row. Seriously going to this.

Analrapist

It is an absolutely amazing line-up. Probably the best I've ever seen!

boki

Quote from: nagsworth on October 05, 2007, 03:08:52 PM
OH MY GOD!! I never thought I could ejaculate consecutively, 20 times in a row.

Wow!  Six months before it even starts and you're already barred from one chalet :D

alan nagsworth

Haha. I've got a few mates who are up for this, probably end up getting a 4-man or something.

Go With The Flow

Is there going to be a CaB chalet? I'll join one if so.

Go With The Flow

Oh come on guys, I'm not that bad.

glitch

I'm trying to convince some mates to get a chalet, but they're so fucking disorganised that won't happen. I'd be up for a CaB chalet as long as you don't mind me coming back as a high as a kite every night ;)

alan nagsworth

New additions to the Bang Face line-up! Remarc, Plaid, DMX Krew, The Doubtful Guest, Cylob, DJ Scotch Egg and Cassetteboy are now all set to play. This is looking to be one seriously fucking awesome weekend. Oh yeah and Chas & Dave are playing, what the fuck?

dmillburn

Forgot to mention that the Drop Beats line-up was out and tickets have been on sale for a while. Some good stuff to tempt me away from the breakcore with Randall and Lawgiverz there

Analrapist

Anyone up for a mini-meet at DBNB then? I'll probably be in the Wrong Music/Planet Mu room pretty much all night. You can't miss me, I'll be the one with dilated pupils.

buntyman

Wow just seen this Bang Face thing. Looks superb and I want to go. Not sure if i'll convince a chalet worth of friends to go so i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread with a view to tagging along