Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Ricky Gervais Series

Started by king mob, April 02, 2004, 01:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Full story here

Sounds like he's wanting to mix with Hollywood then?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

He obviously just said that as a throwaway joke.

So look out for Chortle obediently reporting it as "news" very soon.

Quote from: "Ananova"
AmI missing something here?

Neil

Yep, here you go:

QuoteRicky wants Samuel L Jackson

The Office creator Ricky Gervais said he wanted Hollywood star Samuel L Jackson to appear in the pilot for his new comedy Extras.

Gervais, who recently announced plans for Extras, a comedy about struggling actors, said he was keen to find cameo stars - especially Jackson.

"We desperately want Samuel L Jackson for the pilot episode, so if you can put the word out, get Sam to call me," he said.

"Tell him Ricky Gervais wants him. The weather here is bad, we're really badly paid and I make things up as I go along - if he doesn't jump at that, then he's a fool."

Gervais's new creation comes on the back of The Office which proved a hit, winning two Golden Globes earlier this year.

The comedy will feature the lives of a cast of television extras who never quite make it to stardom.

Gervais, working with The Office co-creator Stephen Merchant, will also appear in the new show.

Gervais told the New York Post: "I'm one of them, a guy who's underachieved and one of those people who won't admit I wanted (the job) in the first place.

"I lose my temper a bit and I'm a bit of a wisecracker. I'm flawed in the sense that I just won't admit that I can be nice sometimes - I'm a little bit brave for my own good, but I'm not really."

Like The Office. the show will have no studio audience and it will be shot with one camera.

Darrell

This new Gervais programme sounds exactly like The Office.

QuoteOriginality's and ground-breaking's Ricky Gervais's new hilarious hit sitcom starts next week...