Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'real men' doth protest too much

Started by TC Raymond, July 20, 2007, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKmA

Is this bitterness about the art school thing?

Oh, and how is that picture relevant to my assessment of that person? Studentss cuh, they like fat sweaty people!

TC Raymond

Quote from: Oscar on July 25, 2007, 06:39:51 PM
Heh, the shouty irrational logic of a div.

Wew, it's fahkin true innit? Know what I mean? Cuz I loves you Rodders.

Oscar

Apart from the fact that you spell properly that is exactly how you seem to me. In fact I picture you as similar to your chav stereotype - no control over your emotions, declaring your loves and hates as truths instead of opinions, noisy, irrational, aggressive, incapable of listening, changeable, illogical. Too busy demanding attention and shouting about injustice to actually think.
It must be exhausting.

TC Raymond

Students piss me off because they all frantically like the same things, listing the same favourite books, films, DVDs, TV shows, bands, CDs...you name it, shitting their pre-distressed and pre-faded jeans at the very thought of being thought of as "uncool". What utter, utter CUNTBURGERS they are.

Who don't you hate, Mr. Raymond?  Anybody who is exactly like you?

ziggy starbucks

I can't help it.  He's so hungry.  And I would never allow an animal to suffer.

Cack Hen

TC Raymond

Quote from: Sebastian Dangerfield on July 26, 2007, 05:40:56 PM
Who don't you hate, Mr. Raymond?  Anybody who is exactly like you?

Goodieeeeeeees...

Yes, I can see the similarities.  Dated, formulaic, unfunny.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Sebastian Dangerfield on July 26, 2007, 05:52:36 PM
Yes, I can see the similarities.  Dated, formulaic, unfunny.

Shit right the fuck off with that.

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: [banned troll] on July 26, 2007, 05:36:17 PM
Students piss me off because they all frantically like the same things, listing the same favourite books, films, DVDs, TV shows, bands, CDs...

Another typical day at the offices of The Word magazine then.

Boom! Tish!

You might be interested in reading this...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=93665045&blogID=237483921

Here's a brief quote

Quote29/07/2006  02:15:43  Joseph says:
Student is a perfectly acceptable derogatory statement in terms of the issues under discussion.

29/07/2006  02:16:26  Joseph says:
I've only met two students who weren't utter twats - yourself and Evans. And both of you were under the impression that students were utter twats.

29/07/2006  02:17:27  Joseph says:
By the law of averages there must surely have been more people like yourselves who weren't utter twats - but they too must surely have thought that students were utter twats.

29/07/2006  02:20:35  Mike says:
I often find it hard, though, because we've always been against received opinion so much - we always avoided terms like 'public-school humour' in articles because we thought it meaningless and lazy.

29/07/2006  02:21:50  Joseph says:
Each successive generation has thrown up more and more batches of students who are annoying, fad-jumping idiots though. If it's received opinion then it's a self-fulfilling one.

29/07/2006  02:22:15  Joseph says:
And we've experienced students first-hand enough to know how dreadful they can be.

A friend of mine leant me 'Donnie Darko' with the words, "It's very good but try not to think about students."

John Self

Why did he say that- do you find it hard to not think about students? Or is your friend just a dick? i.e., "This film is very good, and much more enjoyable if you manage to ignore the distressing fact that it's also enjoyed by a group of  people I'm not particularly keen on"- is he that sort of dick?

Or is he the kind of dick (rarer, but worse) who either doesn't realise, or tries to deny, that the main character in 'Donnie Darko' is himself a student?

And what exactly was the point of that god-awful link you posted? As far as I can see, you're either trying to give TC more reasons to slavishly quote SOTCAA, or you just want to make them look bad. Oh no hold on, that's probably the same thing.

TC Raymond

Students are, almost exclusively in my experience, complete arseholes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rubbish lazy baiting. Students do a more convincing job of projecting their ill-conceived drivel than you.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 27, 2007, 05:40:50 PM
Students do a more convincing job of projecting their ill-conceived drivel than you.

That'll be why they collapse into a stream of surreal whimsy and affect not to care whenever they're losing an argument then.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Stream of surreal whimsy? The usual pre-packaged bollocks talking based on...what amount of contact with students? Looking at clothes they wear on the street to infer someone's personality never works, you tried that with the chav stuff, remember!

Being someone who could talk about living and being around university students quite authoritively, the stream of surreal whimsy comes really quite far down the list in terms of behavioural ticks. Perhaps you only come into contact with student when they're pissed or stoned or both. It certainly makes them easier to pull, anyhow.

I've certainly found appreciation of good comedy amongst students with Barley/Boosh only appealling to scenesters. Amazingly, the student population contains a healthy proportion of quite ordinary people, as difficult as that is to believe in your world, where you've replaced all your windows and replaced them with really quite well drawn pictures of what you want the world to look like.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 27, 2007, 05:56:28 PMyou've replaced all your windows and replaced them with really quite well drawn pictures of what you want the world to look like.

Oh man, I wish I could do that.

Oscar

It shouldn't be too difficult, large sheets of paper are sold in art shops, you can draw. Do it.

Baxter

Currently being a student myself I will not deny that I have met some veins of the uni population that are just as TC says. Fortunately I'm perfectly happy to dismiss them as scenester fucks, in fact I was trapped at a party for a few hours last week where all the boys wore t-shirts with text on them matched with leather bracelets and the girls wore polka dot dresses, they were actually doing that thing where they refer to fond memories of the early eighties although none of them were born before 1986.

Thankfully however most of the students I mix with represent as fair a cross section of society as one could hope for, hell some of us even laugh at the sweary bits in 'The Thick of it'. I wont deny that some students are brainless automatons whose idea of conversation is stringing animal whimsy alongside reminiscing about batfink, but as TC demonstrates on here literally every day in the recent past, you get a sizeable selection of cunts in any stratum of society.

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: John Self on July 27, 2007, 03:50:48 AM
Why did he say that- do you find it hard to not think about students?

And what exactly was the point of that god-awful link you posted?

My friend is not a dick. Well not to me anyway. I know when he's speaking with his tounge in cheek and he's known me both as a school friend and as a student. The only thing that annoyed him when he was a student for a brief time was all those former classmates who called him a junkie for smoking pot at the age of 14 started smoking the stuff as soon as they were in college and wanted to convert everybody as if they were a post-Damascus Paul. My reason for posting the link? Well you've got me there good sir. I can only say that it was for neither of the reasons you mentioned but I felt it was something of interest.

I suppose when a person says " I hate X" it is probably to do with the fact that each social group whether it be students, middle class families on holiday, children or the French probably has unique perceived-negative characteristics the same way that some may say "I love X" due to their unique perceived-positive characteristics. Then again I am stereotyping a bit here and no I'm not going to defend myself by writing that stereotypes are stereotypes because they are true.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Oscar on July 27, 2007, 06:13:00 PM
It shouldn't be too difficult, large sheets of paper are sold in art shops, you can draw. Do it.

Jakers, what am I waiting for?