Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MY EYES! MY EYES!

Started by InfiniteFury, July 23, 2007, 09:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfiniteFury

OK, paranoid "I've fucked my body" drugs thread but it's summer and there's room for one I'm sure. And no I'm not Sam before anyone asks.

Basically, on Friday myself and a friend smoked our way through a veritable haystack of the most meaty, pungent ganja I've come across in a long time. Far more than I'd normally indulge in and far stronger stuff than I can even tolerate these days.

Saturday morning, my eyes are glassy, red and bloodshot - no big deal there. Sunday, my eyes feel hot, sensitive to light and I have a headache. Then they get a bit better throughout the day. Monday morning I get up and my eyes are streaming, still glassy, very sore, practically pure red with bloodshot - basically three days later I look like I've just this second stepped away from the crack pipe. And I still have a fucking headache behind my eyes and I can hardly look at a monitor for a few minutes.

I've never encountered anything like this before - I'd like to delude myself into thinking I've magically developed hay-fever overnight what with this frightful weather but I think I'd be kidding myself over the co-incidence. Do I need to go to the doctors? Has anyone had this before and had it pass after a while? Am I going to go fucking blind if I put this off and ignore it? I've been foolishly internet-ing the subject tonight and seen that conjunctivitis can indeed be caused by smoking.

I would really hate to go to the doctors about this because I can't see the point in lying to a doctor and yet.....what a dick I'm going to look like if I have to drag my 30 year old body to the docs and say "Yeah, I might have hit the spliff a bit hard at the weekend and, you know, I'm worried my eyes are bloodshot..." - you know what I mean.

Edit:

QuoteFUCKFACE: Do I have conjunctivitis?
SPAMBOT: You said you have YOU FAT SHIT.

I hate you Spambot...

Dusty Gozongas

A haystack, you say?

You might be allergic to the powdered glass that passes for THC crystals these days...

Maybe not, but my advice with the green is to shake the bag a bit and have a really close look at the crystals before smoking. I use a Jewelers Loupe meself. 10X magnification is all you need.

Uncle TechTip

That's a point, I heard one or two scare stories about coughing up blood, though I'm sure you'd've mentioned this. I also heard that the new trick is to spray a sugar solution onto the curing plant, who knows what effect it will have on you. Not much in that case but it could be sprayed with anything.

Never encountered what you describe for more than a few hours (and a sleep)

chocky909

Can you smoke powdered glass? I mean does it burn or just get left behind?

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: chocky909 on July 23, 2007, 10:14:06 PM
Can you smoke powdered glass? I mean does it burn or just get left behind?

I dunno*. Check the bowl. ;o)

Seriously though. There's green about (and has been for a while) that looks good to the naked eye even if it's low grade shite that's been 'sprayed' with something.  Even if you can't take a close look at the crystals it's worth shaking it in a small snappy bag to see what falls off. If it's got glass beads on it you'll spot them.

*I bet it causes silicosis though.

zozman

Get to the doctor you daft wazzock.  They deal with smackheads, bleeding arseholes and gangrenous cocks every day of the week - they're hardly going to be fazed by you smoking a bit of blow. They probably won't even ask.

InfiniteFury

Yes you're right, think I'll go to the doctors tomorrow. Just had a look at myself in the mirror again and fucking hell, there's barely any white left any more.