Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Banned Yorkie advert from the mid-1990s

Started by TC Raymond, July 24, 2007, 12:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC Raymond

I'm sure I remember reading that there were a lot of complaints about this advert that led to it being pulled? Anyway, here it is...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Crs8Pjz9c[/youtube]

I like it. Makes me laugh.

Blumf

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Glebe

Maybe it was because of the puling off of trousers and thrusting. And also maybe the prominence of the lady's breasts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

uncle_rico

Don't think I ever saw that ad. I would've remembered those tits in my adolescence. Reminds me of that "Nicky with the ticky" Sure advert with a pre-fame Kelly Brook.

lipsink

Did anyone see the "commercial for cats" that Whiskas did in about 1999. Apparently it was banned because it drove cats throughout the country crazy. I saw it once when my cat was in the room and she was walking along minding her own business. AS soon the commercial started her head swung round and she ran up to the TV screen and sat and watched the whole thing. Ive searched for it on youtube but no luck. I'd love to see it again!

Slick

I hate Yorkies, they taste like shit.I'm an enormous Galaxy bar man, me.By that I mean I'm twenty seven feet tall and like Galaxy bars so much I'd suck the cunt off my own dead Granny for one.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ugh...all Cadburys and Mars related chocolate is gross. It just burns your mouth with its horrible greasy sweetness.

Pseudopath

Quote from: lipsink on July 25, 2007, 09:27:44 AM
Did anyone see the "commercial for cats" that Whiskas did in about 1999. Apparently it was banned because it drove cats throughout the country crazy. I saw it once when my cat was in the room and she was walking along minding her own business. AS soon the commercial started her head swung round and she ran up to the TV screen and sat and watched the whole thing. Ive searched for it on youtube but no luck. I'd love to see it again!

Aah...I remember that and, after putting my ninja Google skills to the test, I've found you a link:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ears4uzz/clinic_adforcats.mpg

lipsink

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Bah. Didn't do a thing for one of my cats.

niat

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 25, 2007, 10:36:34 PM
Ugh...all Cadburys and Mars related chocolate is gross. It just burns your mouth with its horrible greasy sweetness.

Here we go again. No it isn't and no it doesn't, it tastes fucking great.

My personal favourite chocolate is Green and Black's Milk chocolate, (and the fantastic Butterscotch version) but that doesn't mean that Cadbury's  and Mars stuff is gross. It's great, man, what's the matter with you?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNo it isn't and no it doesn't, it tastes fucking great.

Yes.

Actually Yorkie chocolate always tasted faintly odd. It isn't moreish at all.

niat

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 26, 2007, 12:14:30 PM
Yes.

Actually Yorkie chocolate always tasted faintly odd. It isn't moreish at all.

Actually Yorkie is pretty gross. Cadbury's stuff and Galaxy are a lot better.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotemilk chocolate is for children

So are refresher bars and Harry Hill's TV Burp.

niat

Quoteplain chocolate is for cunts

That quote is unattributed as I just made it up.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

You're both idiots with dodgy palettes then. Okay then it burns MY mouth with it's horrible greasy sweetness. You can stick your Cadbury's Dairy Milk up your fucking arse for all I care.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That isn't to say I don't like what you'd term 'proper chocolate', I just think they have different and equally valid qualities. A bit like a good deep pan pizza versus an authentic italian thin base one.

niat

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 26, 2007, 01:39:41 PM
That isn't to say I don't like what you'd term 'proper chocolate', I just think they have different and equally valid qualities. A bit like a good deep pan pizza versus an authentic italian thin base one.

You had me up until the pizza comment. Deep pan is an abomination unto God, and there is no such thing as a "good" one. I may not be a chocolate snob (unlike Al the Funkee so called Homosapien), but pizzas have to have thin bases.

(and anyone who has chips with pizza, curry or chinese food is a heathen and doesn't deserve to eat.)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

As long as you seperate the two out in your mind. Deep pan pizza isn't trying to be thin base pizza, it's just being itself, which on the best days is a delicious stodgy mess. All deep pan pizza's aren't those Goodfellas ones where the base is constructed from dust. I've had deep pan pizza in New York that I wouldn't have swapped for anything there and then. Lovely stuff.

niat

Hmmm, I'm not convinced, but next time I'm in New York I'll get some deep pan action going to see if you're right.

Borboski

Well you can't say fairer than that, can you?

El Unicornio, mang

Cack Hen

Putting chips in your burger, you can't beat that.

niat

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 26, 2007, 04:55:17 PM
Hand tossed pizza is best

Yes, hand tossed is always best. [/smirk]

Quote from: Cack Hen on July 26, 2007, 05:04:36 PM
Putting chips in your burger, you can't beat that.

That's fine, because chips and burger complement each other, and are a natural combination. Chips with pizza, or chips with curry is wholly unnatural and immoral.

(My wife has ketchup with pizza. Yes, ketchup with a foodstuff which features tomato sauce as a basic ingredient. There's no hope for her.)

Catalogue Trousers

To go back to the start-point of this thread...haven't heard the sound on that ad, but let's look at the bare bones of it...macho guy with big belching biceps beats bear at arm-wrestling, ties up a ridiculously well-endowed WU-MAN for a while, then subtly "proposes" to her by thrusting his groin into her face.

Starter of this thread? [banned troll], who apparently finds this advert "funny".

[banned troll], who also started a thread about how all macho "lads" and "real men" are inherently crap, and would probably covertly and nervously, behind-the-back take the piss out of a guy anything like this down his local.

An ad which lionises (however tongue-in-cheek) the sort of guy that TC can't abide. Yet he finds it "funny".

Guess that the big tits excuse everything else, eh?

Anyway - back to pizza!

Mr. Analytical

Close friends get to call him TC providing they fail to draw attention to the gaping holes and logical inconsistencies in his worldview.

John Self

A good point well-made CT, but there's a fatal flaw in your argument, an oversight you've made:

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on July 27, 2007, 03:40:52 PM
To go back to the start-point of this thread...haven't heard the sound on that ad

Well there you are then- how can you possibly judge? You missed the voice-over, which, as the punchline, has the slogan,

"Don't be a filthy disgusting chav pikey monglike bollockaircraftcarrier- eat YORKIE!"

Anyway, yes, back to pizza...

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 26, 2007, 02:09:55 PM
As long as you seperate the two out in your mind. Deep pan pizza isn't trying to be thin base pizza, it's just being itself, which on the best days is a delicious stodgy mess. All deep pan pizza's aren't those Goodfellas ones where the base is constructed from dust. I've had deep pan pizza in New York that I wouldn't have swapped for anything there and then. Lovely stuff.

I've been thinking about this a bit recently, you and your diet, and I genuinely do think that you could make quite a nice little earner (if only as a side-line thing) as a junk-food critic. Your passion for it absolutely shines through, whenever you write about it. And it's quite a niche.

TC Raymond

For fuck's sake. I like the ad because it's so comic-book, like the Flash Gordon movie starring Brian "shoutycrackers" Blessed. And the tits, of course.