Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,462
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"It's okay, he's got Asperger's"

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, July 24, 2007, 06:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

[banned troll] is an assburger so that excuses him from being a cunt. 

No "illness" (and I believe people say they have an illness on the internet, and don't, just so people won't call them a cunt, I mean, it's the internet, you can say what you like) can excuse you from being a tosser with questionable views and an even more questionable way of expressing them.

Except ringworm.  Itchy arsed fuckers.

What little "pity me, I'm ill" trump card can you play to excuse yourself for your cuntish behaviour? Flappy labia? Hayfever? Ringworm infection?

John Self

Mine is depression, which I'll admit is possibly not helped by the fact that I've got big copies of my avatar pasted over every mirror in my flat.

Oh, and hayfever. As a child, I used to weep in florists.

Marvin

I've got a really bad cough today so if you'll excuse me I'm off to post some right-wing rants about the working class. I have a cough, you see.

Funcrusher

I dunno. I'm wondering whether I should feel a bit bad about taking the piss out of someone who might be doing all this because he's a bit ill rather than because he's being a cunt. I don't really know a whole lot about Aspergers.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Quote from: John Self on July 24, 2007, 06:06:27 PM
Mine is depression, which I'll admit is possibly not helped by the fact that I've got big copies of my avatar pasted over every mirror in my flat.

Oh, and hayfever. As a child, I used to weep in florists.

Dude, yours should surely be your being a dirty alcoholic.  Way more of a trump card that depression.  Because then you can claim, "I don't remember!" Sorted.

Alcohol is the ultimate trump card.  Do you really hold someone responsible for their actions if they're off their face?

hoverdonkey

I have avatar's turned off John. What is it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Funcrusher

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on July 24, 2007, 06:16:24 PM
Alcohol is the ultimate trump card.  Do you really hold someone responsible for their actions if they're off their face?

Well, being pissed is pretty much self-inflicted.

Fry

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 24, 2007, 06:18:48 PM
Morrissey with his big chin.
And quiff. Actually his face looks a bit like a crescent moon from the side.

Oscar

Don't really want join in with the "My problem is bigger than yours" competition, but I have been thinking about all this recently.
My vague conclusions that may be entirely wrong...
Having Aspergers doesn't make you a cunt, but it makes not being a cunt a bit more difficult; as do most mental illnesses I think.
People with Aspergers tend to assume they are more intelligent than other people, (?because they are missing out on a lot of information during conversation - ie they don't get all the facial expressions and so on?), add to that the apoplectic rage he seems to be experiencing and it's not that surprising that he's acting like a tosser.
People with mental illness and behavioural conditions who want to not be cunts have to try and adjust their behaviour to make allowances for the illness, it takes time and a number of mistakes to figure out the balance. Some people don't try and just accept their cunty behaviour, excuse it with "I've got..." and yeh, they are trouble and best avoided.
It's difficult to know what TC's situation is, but he seems to be having a bit of an explodo afternoon, hopefully it will help him figure things out.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Ach, don't get into the poor mentally ill spiel and armchair psychology!

I just want to hear about your infectious diseases, past and present!

John Self

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on July 24, 2007, 06:16:24 PM
Dude, yours should surely be your being a dirty alcoholic.  Way more of a trump card that depression.  Because then you can claim, "I don't remember!" Sorted.

Oh yeah, of course, my alcoholism. What can I say- I didn't remember!

And in fairness to me, I've only spent about three weeks drinking the last five years. And using drunkenness as a trump card to play, as far as dodging responsibility goes, only really works (insofar as it does at all) for normal, non-addicted people: alcoholics  have no excuse, they shouldn't be drinking.

Also, I'm sober now, have been for a couple of days, and am currently doing a detox. It's going good, and I'm hoping to try and rack up another five years sober, maybe even a lifetime (assuming that that's longer). Then I can go back to the cuntiness-excuse of "Sorry, it's this bunch of gladioli hanging out me back pocket- you wouldn't understand".

Like I say, depression and hayfever- it's a killer combo.

Paranormalhandy

I developed dilated cardiomyopathy following "an infection" (the docs never found out what) back in late 2002.  And it, and me, are both still here.  I take 10mg of Bisprolol, 10mg of Rampiril and a water pill every morning.

And I am a cunt.

Utter Shit

I really don't see why we should be willing to cater for his nonsense, regardless of the reasons for it. From my point of view, my enjoyment of this forum is decreased significantly by his actions on here. I imagine plenty of you are the same (if not, then of course I should shut my lips up and maybe have a look at myself), and I don't really see why we should tolerate his shite when he brings less to the forum than he takes away.

Personally, I think Neil should have a quiet word in his ear - shape up, or fuck off. I don't necessarily want rid of him at all costs, but if he's going to continue acting the dickhead like he has been recently, then why should he be tolerated and excused?

no_offenc

I had horrendous eczema on my feet when I was a kid, that turned me into a bit of a cunt every time a teacher tried to force me to do P.E. when it pretty much felt like somebody had poured acid into my shoes, because the things were fucking RAW.  I was pretty livid when I was informed by my actual GP that it had only gotten that bad because the locum (who was covering him whilst he was off getting treatment for tremors that he'd been having*) had prescribed me with a water-based cream, rather than a steroid-based one, and had in turn made the problem about 4444444444 times worse.  The same locum thought I had asthma, though, when I actually had a really fucking bad respiratory illness, and thus I took far too long to recover from that, as well.  Both around the same age, I think.

*The tremors turned out to be a precursor to Parkinsons, which eventually got so bad that he had to retire early, which is a shame because he was a bloody boss G.P.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: John Self on July 24, 2007, 06:06:27 PMAs a child, I used to weep in florists.

Fucking liar! That was me pulling every bunch out of it's urn and letting the water drip, that was!

Deary me. Do not ever spoil my beautiful childhood.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI used to weep in florists

Keep your foul skin complexion anecdotes to yourself.

John Self

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on July 24, 2007, 08:05:54 PM
Fucking liar! That was me pulling every bunch out of it's urn and letting the water drip, that was!

Ah, well that's cleared up a little mystery for me. I always wondered how cheeky trouble-making semi-trollish scamps such as you used to amuse yourself, when I was young and there was no internet. And now I know. You used to follow me around, secretly making me wet.

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on July 24, 2007, 08:05:54 PMDeary me. Do not ever spoil my beautiful childhood.

Your hypocrisy astonishes me. Let us both move on, and never talk of this again.

Small Man Big Horse

I suffer from depression, a broken leg, a torn ligament, a tiny cock, and a face that makes children cry.

And yet I'm the loveliest person on here. Just this afternoon I helped two old women cross the road, and gave a vicar a high five to cheer him up. So if that's not proof that illness and disability doesn't always make a person a cunt, I don't know what is.

Xander

I have nothing of value to add, except when reading the topic, my favourite Half Man, Half Biscuit line ever popped into my head. "Is your child hyperactive/Or is he perhaps a TWAT?"

Fucking brilliant.

John Self

Yeah, that is good: a similarly great line from a song is: "Just because you're dyslexic/ Doesn't mean that you're not thick."

Robbie Williams, would you credit it.

ccab

"Do you really hold someone responsible for their actions if they're off their face?"

Of all the uproars over the years on these boards, this one is probably the most ridiculous.

BWW, maybe you're right and maybe you aren't, but I'm fairly sure I remember a time when it was almost a tradition for you to sheepishly emerge after CAB meets and make hungover pleas of extenuating circumstances for various scenes, antics & convulsions & other show-off adolescent hellraisings the night before (if I remember correctly the excuses were usually based around drunkenness, 'bipolarity', manic depression, hypohistrionitis, hydrocephalus, ethanocephalus, agoraphobia, claustrophobia, polyphobia, hypopolyphobia, or god knows what other exotic apology extracted from your jungle of hypochondria). It's a bit hypocritical of you now to have a go at [banned troll] for using a similar defence for his posts on these boards. What your point was in starting this thread's anyone's guess.

Seriously, you all bang on about this guy, that guy, someone else - & sometimes you have a point, sometimes you don't. But every time you organise one of these lynchings, you all end up looking like odious little tossers. [banned troll] is possibly a bore - but compared to his bullies, he's pretty harmless.

NoSleep

In defence of BWW, what you describe above has nothing to do with posting reams of dull shit on CaB. From what you say, it's about behaviour at meets, so where's the hypocrisy?

edit: You mention apologies as well.

edit: On the other hand, it's probably best to ignore posters who appear to be trolling. Attention hunger is the usual cause, so starve them out.

Emma Raducanu

I was killed last week so just typing this is quite difficult.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteexotic apology extracted from your jungle of hypochondria

I slightly disagree with ccab there, but that bit is just yummy.

Oscar

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 24, 2007, 09:59:42 PM
Yes, yes, we're all very sad, there there.I just hope you never have to go through what I'm going through, I wish I'd been killed last week!
QuoteIn defence of BWW, what you describe above has nothing to do with posting reams of dull shit on CaB. From what you say, it's about behaviour at meets, so where's the hypocrisy?
The idea of not using mental illness as an excuse for crappy behaviour, I think. (although I've got lost somewhere, because Aspergers isn't a mental illness is it? It's a condition)

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: John Self on July 24, 2007, 08:35:09 PM
Ah, well that's cleared up a little mystery for me. I always wondered how cheeky trouble-making semi-trollish scamps such as you used to amuse yourself, when I was young and there was no internet. And now I know. You used to follow me around, secretly making me wet.

Forgive me for merely slapping your arse with wet stems young man. Long before you had your internet, I might add. Young man. Oh my! Haven't you grown.

Your hypocrisy astonishes me. Let us both move on, and never talk of this again.

Fair enough, blondie.

NoSleep

Quote from: Oscar on July 24, 2007, 10:11:44 PM
Yes, yes, we're all very sad, there there.I just hope you never have to go through what I'm going through, I wish I'd been killed last week!The idea of not using mental illness as an excuse for crappy behaviour, I think. (although I've got lost somewhere, because Aspergers isn't a mental illness is it? It's a condition)

But BWW isn't unrepentant. Excuses together with apologies were mentioned.

mister_enmity

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 24, 2007, 09:59:42 PM

I was in a major car crash last week on the M5. One of the paramedics beat me to death with his shoes because I called him an immigrant.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well you called me a 'Minister of Death', you rude cunt.