Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Relaunch

Started by Neil, August 07, 2007, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neville Chamberlain

I must say I find this all terribly exciting.

Thanks, you old goats!

Neil

I haven't reread all this yet, but I do remember being extremely amused by the chat logs.  YMMV.

The Video Curse

(Don't think I have the first page, but you can see the first post quoted there.)

Neil

I guess Munday's was making this game, although I definitely remember DuncanC working on one too:

I dunno why I've got a picture of Narinder from BB2 in with all my CaB stuff, but I definitely still fancy the arse off her:

I pride myself on my mature and sophisticated sense of humour:

Two of the many logos 9 very kindly did before the one that was used for the site over the last few years.  I was a fussy get, and seemingly made the poor fellow do 21 different versions:

Hey!  It's Kim Deal, looking hawt.  Oh, ok, this and the pic of Narinder must have been source material for the little post icons I made:

I guess this is when I was first setting up the phpbb board, and rats found it:

oooo (one of those mht files for Internet Explorer)

Analrapist

Happy birthday Cook'd and Bomb'd! You stole the best years of my life, but I love you anyway.

Neil

QuoteA page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2007/08/08 14:09
Browser     : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20060601 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-edgy)
IP-Address  : 130.228.3.207
Hostname    : pc-lgb207.uni-c.dk
Old Revision: none
New Revision: http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/tv:the_it_crowd
Edit Summary: created
User        :

eat my pants!!!111 lolololz

Time to start securing the wiki, then.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2007, 01:22:27 PMMundays Quits

Wow.  The ironic thing of course, is that just about everybody else in that thread (International Scotsman, Clem Bones, blue jammer, TraceyQ, Spacehopper, Badbob, poornamechoice, cartilage, king mob, No. 6, Perfume V) has gone, but Mundays remains!  The only other survivors appear to be Doctor Stamen, shatnersbassoon and Big Jack McBastard.  Wasn't Clem Bones Big Jack's brother?

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2007, 04:29:06 PM
Time to start securing the wiki, then.

Talking of which, if nobody else feels like doing it, MissInformed and I hereby volunteer to write up The IT Crowd page, what with being big fans of the show in general.

Neil

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 08, 2007, 04:53:40 PM
Wow.  The ironic thing of course, is that just about everybody else in that thread (International Scotsman, Clem Bones, blue jammer, TraceyQ, Spacehopper, Badbob, poornamechoice, cartilage, king mob, No. 6, Perfume V) has gone, but Mundays remains!  The only other survivors appear to be Doctor Stamen, shatnersbassoon and Big Jack McBastard.  Wasn't Clem Bones Big Jack's brother?

Good point, and aye, had forgotten that about clem.  Is Shiggsy still around here under another name?  I remember he would post his "Shitter's Of The Week" threads, which were scans from his local newspaper.  Every week they would have a full-page, straight-faced review of local toilets from the area.  That was the best thing ever to me, the absurdity of it delighted me.

I wonder if I've got a backup of the UBB board knocking about...I'll have a look.  Might be nice to see some of the old stuff. 

Talking of which, if nobody else feels like doing it, MissInformed and I hereby volunteer to write up The IT Crowd page, what with being big fans of the show in general.

That'd be a great help, thanks you two. 

EDIT: OK, just found a bunch more stuff!  I'll put it up, as I find it quite interesting myself anyway.  And I'm desperately trying to stay awake today, dreadful night last night with the old insomnia and stuff.  Hmm, I have the threads here as flat files, I'll have to try and write a parser most probably.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Thanks for the past eight years Neil. There's got to be at least eight more left in the place yet.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

As a relative newcomer I'm actually rather astonished that this website has been going for 8 years. Who's the oldest and most experienced (in all departments) Verbwhore of them all apart from Neil?

Lee

Said elsewhere, but... well done everyone. I'm adding NKC and maybe GLR episode guides over the next few days, so keep them peeled.

Al - probably Ambient Sheep or someone like that. Me? First joined 5 years ago.

rudi

Quotedreadful night last night with the old insomnia and stuff.

Mm, me too.

Went to bed just after midnight and I was still wandering about come half six.

Grr.

Happy bidet CnB. The site nonpareil.

weirdbeard

Oh God, I've just seen the comment on the Shoutbox about Morris tutting during the news at the end of the Jan 90 show.  You can hear the newsreader can hear him and he even pauses after one of the stories, waiting for a noise, which never comes!  God, that's funny.

Milo

The bit in the first one where he talks about having asked Body Shop staff if the Mate's condoms were tested on animals caused me to make a noise on the train.

Thanks for these, they're brill. Well, the first one so far is, at least.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Lee on August 09, 2007, 12:31:02 AMAl - probably Ambient Sheep or someone like that. Me? First joined 5 years ago.

Nooo, not me.  I joined on 2nd August 2001, but several verbwhores that are still here easily predate me, especially as I didn't really start posting until October.  Jutl joined up three days earlier than I did, and I think gazzyk1ns beat me to it as well.

Although I can't easily check, people like Mundays, Jemble and Melody Lee may well have been on here longer than me.

The most long-standing of all though is, I believe, Huzzie - he may even predate TJ, although I'm not sure, 'cos it's before my time, y'see!  :-)

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 09, 2007, 01:49:42 PM
Although I can't easily check, people like Mundays, Jemble and Melody Lee may well have been on here longer than me.

Well I also thought you pre-dated me, but I first signed on in June 1999, when I started a summer job on DVD Review magazine. Then I forgot all about it during my last Uni year, and came back for good after graduation, from around June 2000.

Fascinating, huh?

weekender

It was at university that I started posting on a Chris Morris board, and I graduated in June 1999.

From memory, there was a 'Chris Morris Discussion Board' at some point, which may or may not have been preceded/usurped by another board called 'Chris Morris Imitation W@nk'.  They may have been the same thing, I can't remember.  Anyway, I was doing copies of Brasseye on VHS for a few people at that point and I'm sure it was on those boards that I first encountered the genius that was Huzzie.  On one of Neil's 'My First Webpage™' links page this proves I am not making it up, as there's a link to the now defunct message board I mentioned:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Street/4229/whylinks.html

I'm fairly sure that CaB was very new at that point, so I think there were probably a few of us Chris Morris fans who had posted on the various sites who migrated to the behemoth reference resource that CaB became - king mob and TJ had definitely been around for a while, can't remember any other names at the moment.

I don't think I was calling myself weekender at that point (I probably had a hilarious 'Morris' name), and a Google search hasn't brought about anything else fruitful.  I remember that 'Glebe's Thrift Funnel' was quite the Chris Morris resource at that point - would that be the same Glebe that now posts here?

I've done nothing with my life for six years and it's all because of you, Neil. Lots of love :)

weekender

weekender's profile, 17 January 2001.  Fairly sure the 'new' site was launched on that day (or maybe the day before), as you can see I was member number 22 so quite early in the CaB membership numbers.

I think my first very post was asking how to get a custom avatar, oh how times have changed :).

Is it a bad thing that my profile hasn't changed much since then?

Ah a retrospective!

As a relative newcomer its interesting reading.

So over the years who have been the biggest cunts / most hilarious trolls? And why?

weekender

There was a fairly regular poster who used to come up with all sorts of usernames like "Man solely devoted to Chaka Khan".  He'd pop up in the middle of threads and just start talking hilariously about Chaka Khan and what Chaka would probably think about various issues, with references to song lyrics which proved his point etc.  Hardly a troll, more a genius user.  I never found out who it was.

Hahah!

That is brilliant, so much better than MC TWAT (and [banned troll])

Neil

Yes, he was hilarious.  It was just one guy who used to do loads of gimmick accounts, wish I could remember more of them.

This guy, on the other hand, is a fuckhead:

QuoteA page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2007/08/09 08:34
Browser     : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6
IP-Address  : 80.2.9.5
Hostname    : cpc2-stok9-0-0-cust260.bagu.cable.ntl.com
Old Revision: none
New Revision: http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/tv:nathan_barley:series_2
Edit Summary: created
User        :

fucken sniff this

Kapuscinski

Hello Neil, will you be making any link buttons for the site, so if we have a website or blog we can add code and link back to you?  I've found an old page with the code on it http://chilled.cream.org/whylinks.html.

This archive stuff is interesting.

Neil

Quote from: Kapuscinski on August 11, 2007, 04:22:01 PM
Hello Neil, will you be making any link buttons for the site, so if we have a website or blog we can add code and link back to you?

This archive stuff is interesting.

I will indeed, yes.  Cerys made some crackers ages ago, so I'll be adding them again.  Just been very buisy this week unfortunately, but the next plan is to make a new menu on the right-hand side, which will contain links, the CaB Radio page, links to The Tumblies, the mailing lists etc.  Still quite a lot to do really, but it'll all come together.  Will be adding some fun bits and pieces too, and generally playing around with the site more now that most of the miserable bastards who made this place such a chore have pissed off :-) 

Thanks for your interest in supporting the site, very much appreciated.  I may implement some kind of thingy which shows where links come from, to automatically link back to people who do stuff like that.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: weekender on August 09, 2007, 05:40:10 PM
weekender's profile, 17 January 2001.  Fairly sure the 'new' site was launched on that day (or maybe the day before), as you can see I was member number 22 so quite early in the CaB membership numbers.

Bloody hell, how did I forget YOU?  All the time I was writing that previous post of mine, I was thinking to myself "I've forgotten somebody...I've forgotten somebody...", and right now you make a very good claim to be that somebody.  :-)

mcbpete

Toad in the Hole

Indeed... we love you Neil (and are grateful for the continuation and revamp of the site), but this font is making my eyes bleed.

Slaaaaabs

Mister Six

I'd like to fourth the horror at all this comic sans.

Neil

Heh :-)  Someone suggested it in the chatroom, and it amused me.  Rejoice, for it IS Comic Sans MS day! 

The site did actually use this hideous font for the first year or so of its existence.  And I was completely serious.