Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Everyone knows a bloke like Micky....

Started by drberbatov, August 12, 2007, 08:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drberbatov

God I hate that bloody shampoo advert, but does anyone have a mate who has a cunt like trait (i.e windswept and interesting hair) that bloody well annoys you?

sproggy

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

hencole

Small Man Big Horse

Rev

I have a mate who was in a shampoo advert, if that helps.

ccbaxter

rudi

Huzzie

I hate Micky and I am very glad I don't know anyone like him.

I also think he looks a bit simple.

gazzyk1ns

I thought this was going to be about the other advert, about DVD piracy, which tries desperately to paint everyone who has ever produced a home-made DVD as a pathetic, physically and morally unheathy, scruffily dressed and smelly, middle-aged arsehole.

But it is not. Thinking about it, that's "knock-off Kev" or something similar, isn't it...

I hate the fact that these days you often have to delve through loads of poncy "fibre-putty shaping freestyle wax moulding clay restyle bedhead-look sruffplay wankfest" stuff to get to some plain gel, which is what I use, as it keeps my hair neat and inconspicuous. Obviously my hair is perfect in every way and so I am right and my hair-styling habits are unquestionable.

Huzzie

He's a knock off Nigel, he's a knock off nigel. <frown>

petula dusty

Quote from: gazzyk1ns on August 13, 2007, 02:55:40 PM...plain gel, which is what I use, as it keeps my hair neat and inconspicuous. Obviously my hair is perfect in every way and so I am right and my hair-styling habits are unquestionable.

Gazzykins yesterday

I also got those two ads mixed up. That Micky is a twat especially with his 'intellectual' hair. I'd rather date Knock Off Nigel or whatever he's called at least he lives on the edge.

I also hate that advert with the Chinese boy and girl who stick their heads in their desks and come out with messy hair looking all defiant and then smugly running off like they've made some revolutionary political statement with their hair. Since when was a hair style political?

Oh yeah.

Huzzie

I know what you mean Dusty but the idea is that they are in Communist China and have to be uniform.

TC Raymond

I know a bloke who is a real-life Nathan Barley. If anyone had the patience to sit him down and explain what a gargantuan cunt he is, he'd kill himself. I'm sure of that.

petula dusty

I know Huzzie but I still think it's a crap advert.

Huzzie

Shoulders?-Stomach!

To be fair to Adolf, that little 'tache rounds off his face quite nicely.

TC Raymond

the ruffian on the stair

Quote from: Huzzie on August 13, 2007, 03:41:49 PM
You are very right!

An alcoholic friend (well he used to be a friend) had a heroin addict called Mickey stay with him in order to half his rent which would give him more beer money. Of course Mickey never paid any rent and robbed the flat of television, stereo and alcohol: he even took things like the tv aerial and the door handles.

squinky

Quote from: petula dusty on August 13, 2007, 03:15:07 PMThat Micky is a twat especially with his 'intellectual' hair. I'd rather date Knock Off Nigel or whatever he's called at least he lives on the edge.

Also: he'll get you some amazing anniversary presents. "Why Nigel, it's the latest cinema releases on DVD! I never knew you cared!"

falafel

I haven't bought a pirated DVD in years, but Knock Off Nigel makes me really want to. Now that's bad advertising. What the ad actually says is that people who condemn pirating are a bunch of sanctimonious bastards with whom who you most certainly wouldn't want to be associated.

Goldentony

That Knock Off Nigel thing is the stupidest fucking thing i've seen in years. Do they really think they'll convince anyone who has ever bought a pirated DVD or owned one that it's the first thing that coems to a females mind as a complete turn off?? above stuff like bad hygene, no teeth, psychotic tendencies, 'has  killed before, is likely to kill again', 'is likely to have sex with your mother' or any of that shit?? fucking heeeeeeeeeell. Like anyone fucking discusses that shit on a night out with a prospective future partner anyway, "yea my interests are pirating DVD's".

"Oooh dear oh dear we're ALL moral guardians in this country and especially in this pub and you're just sending the country to the dogs!!" no that isn't fucking correct at all you set of beauts, it's set in a pub full of fresh faced moral warriors all in complete shock that a guy would dare ever buy a pirate DVD. A few of the pubs round here i've been to have at least once a week had a guy wealking around the place selling blag DVD's with every fucker showing some interest, it might be the pubs i'm going to attracting the wrong sort of people but painting people downloading, torrenting and any of that shit as evil smog breathing rapists wont work, it's as bad as any video nasty headline along the lines of "VIDEO NASTY TERROR TURNED MY SON INTO HALF ROBOT KILLING MACHINE".

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 13, 2007, 03:37:19 PM
I know a bloke who is a real-life Nathan Barley. If anyone had the patience to sit him down and explain what a gargantuan cunt he is, he'd kill himself. I'm sure of that.

If only he had your self-awareness!

chand

Quote from: Huzzie on August 13, 2007, 03:35:36 PM
I know what you mean Dusty but the idea is that they are in Communist China and have to be uniform.

I took it as 'Look at these Chinese, they all look alike don't they? If only they did something with their hair...'

petula dusty

I think what annoys me most about that advert is the way they sit back looking all smug and defiant with vaguely tousled hair.

Oh and I agree with everything Goldentony said in the post above.

Hank_Kingsley

I knew a bloke called Mickey who was a cybergoth pillhead with ADHD.
The rumour was that he raped someone behind a chip shop but nothing ever went to court.

I only have vague recollections of what his hair looked like. Sorry.

Huzzie

Quote from: the ruffian on the stair on August 13, 2007, 03:53:49 PM

An alcoholic friend (well he used to be a friend) had a heroin addict called Mickey stay with him in order to half his rent which would give him more beer money. Of course Mickey never paid any rent and robbed the flat of television, stereo and alcohol: he even took things like the tv aerial and the door handles.

Poor, silly bastard! I bet that house was a joy to visit.

Just out of interest BWW, how come you write that in reply to my post?