Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the league against tedium...

Started by theantileague, April 04, 2004, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theantileague

I read the thread about simon munnery bombing onstage and its a shame that his stuff isn't respected anymore but it got me thinking about the old TV show of  "the league against tedium". anyone have any idea where i could get copies of videos of this at all?

No idea, but may I add that I'd love to see London Shouting ("Truth, Truth, Truth") again (Munnery as Alan Parker) if anyone's got it kicking around.

Ben Ordinary

I'm sure someone else will point this out but there were three The League Against Tedium series. The entertaining game show Either / Or, the random thoughts of Futur TV and the main series, Attention Scum. Only the latter was ever shown on terrestrial TV (the other two were staples of the early UK Play schedule) and then it was shunted to a midnight slot on sunday nights. Many of the seeds of hatred toward the now-departing Jane Root well and truly blossomed at this point.

I have London Shouting on video and along with a big pile of other stuff, would love to be able to get it encoded in the near future.

Darrell

Quote from: "Ben Ordinary"I'm sure someone else will point this out but there were three The League Against Tedium series. The entertaining game show Either / Or, the random thoughts of Futur TV and the main series, Attention Scum. Only the latter was ever shown on terrestrial TV (the other two were staples of the early UK Play schedule) and then it was shunted to a midnight slot on sunday nights. Many of the seeds of hatred toward the now-departing Jane Root well and truly blossomed at this point.

Don't forget Cluub Zarathustra too!

Munnery's TV work is more-than-adequately documented in the other thread, to save forking the topic.

As for copies of Attention Scum, since Play went off air there's been nowhere where it could feasibly be housed. Quite a few people taped it at the time though, so it's not super-rare as such.

I have a dub of it myself, though it's probably not the best quality copy you'll find. There are encodes of all six episodes on Soulseek, I believe.

Antileague - give it a couple of months' time, and if you still can't find the encodes I'll see what I can do.

Ben Ordinary

Quote from: "Darrell"

Don't forget Cluub Zarathustra too!

Munnery's TV work is more-than-adequately documented in the other thread, to save forking the topic.

Apologies for that, didnt read the other thread until after this one had been started. As for Cluub Z, a great show though it is I didnt mention it as its both an ensemble piece and untransmitted. I see now the error of my ways.