Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GMAIL (google mail)

Started by @ssmaster, April 04, 2004, 10:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

I just set my Gmail account up, having not been motivated to do it so far... and I felt all smug. Then I realised that I don't know what I'm going to use it for... it would make me sad to leave Yahoo after a decade. I will have to see how it goes, I'm not about to start telling people I have more than one address, I can't stand people who are always changing... what's everyone else who has acquired an account going to do?

Timmay

I have a personal domain name address that forwards mail to any address I want, so although I've changed my actual addresses through the years, my address people email has remained the same. Now it's just forwarding to my Gmail account instead.

Bernard

Quote from: "Timmay"I have a personal domain name address that forwards mail to any address I want, so although I've changed my actual addresses through the years, my address people email has remained the same. Now it's just forwarding to my Gmail account instead.

Bastard.

Doctor Stamen

I 'acquired' a Gmail account yesterday and it's very good - my first choice of user name was available, and it hopefully means I won't be bombarded with stupid shit like HOT TEE-NS FR*EE SEXXX MMM CUM ON HER TI*TS every fucking day for the rest of my life now.  There's no way i'm paying for a spam filter, they can all piss right off.

And if i'd taken up the offer of those fucking penis extensions for each one I recieved, the bloody thing would be longer than the River Severn.

Timmay

Quote from: "Bernard"
Quote from: "Timmay"I have a personal domain name address that forwards mail to any address I want, so although I've changed my actual addresses through the years, my address people email has remained the same. Now it's just forwarding to my Gmail account instead.
Bastard.
£9.99 for two years registration (.co.uk domain) from Easily.co.uk.

baptist

Quote from: "Phillippe Lambert"Go to http://www.gmail4troops.com and pretend to be a soldier.  Americans are gullible, so tell them you're a soldier in Iraq with the british army, they'll cream all over you and give you one.

I used the "Bosnia" posting and it worked a treat.

I don't feel bad.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Doctor Stamen"I 'acquired' a Gmail account yesterday and it's very good - my first choice of user name was available,

bah! it took me 4 attempts before i had a name that wasn't already taken. I'm still waiting my first email. these are such exciting times we live in

mayer

mayer dot nissim at gmail dot com.

Jet Set Willy

I got my very best name combination too.

Actually I might already have said this.

Timmay

I got my best combination too.

I haven't said this already though.

Peking O

Quote from: "mayer"mayer dot nissim at gmail dot com.

*prepares a welter of spam*

mayer

Quote from: "Peking O"
Quote from: "mayer"mayer dot nissim at gmail dot com.

*prepares a welter of spam*

i'm not entirely sure what yer dinner plans have to do with my email address.... i'd also recommend something a little more wholesome.

not sure i'f i'll use it anyway. i love my yahoo account. i'll have a butchers at the interface and see how it goes.

Artemis

thought I'd bump the thread since gmail blessed me with a slightly insane amount of invitations for no apparent reason - after sending invites to my family and friends, I still have six left, so if anyone wants a gmail account, PM me and I'll send you the invite. That's nice of me, isn't it?

Billy The Fish

Has anybody got theirs to work with Outlook / Outlook Express at all? I've followed the instructions on the Gmail site, but still can't get it to work.

I am not a computer numpty.

MonkeyDrummer

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why doesn't anyone get themselves a

www.gawab.com email. 1001mb storage, 10mb attachments.

terminallyrelaxed

Fuck me I've got 6 invites too! First three PMs gets one...

Almost Yearly

What is this, chain letters?

Pinball

Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why doesn't anyone get themselves a

www.gawab.com email. 1001mb storage, 10mb attachments.
Exxxxxcellent. I just have :-)

VorpalSword

just found that i had only 1 invite, so i sent it to me best-mate, who has a hotmail account. didn't get through. Interesting......

Jet Set Willy

I sent one to my blueyonder account... haven't received it yet though!

(I didnt even consider giving one to a real life friend!)

untitled_london

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"
(I didnt even consider giving one to a real life friend!)

and nor should you!!!

gmail is LOL NO 1337.

we Gmail'ers pwn j00

of course when it goes out to LOL NO filthy nubs, we will have a new holy grail.

but until then gmail gets you hawt chix0rs.

dunno if this was posted already (hell i probly posted it) but, anyways...

MonkeyDrummer

I'd have thought more people would have taken up the gawab offer, given that GMAIL was so heavily criticised over it's "surveillance"

* i'm just bumping threads thanks to pebble dash

no_offenc

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Fuck me I've got 6 invites too! First three PMs gets one...

Thanks fella :D

terminallyrelaxed

Timmay

...and he's spent.

We're literally awash with invites now, we must be the most Gmailed-up forum on t'internet.

gazzyk1ns

I've got an invite going free, PM me if you want it...

DuncanC

Wow, that Joy of Tech looks almost as bad as User Friendly.

untitled_london

okies - i just got some more too:

i have put some out on another board.

first two PMs get them

Rats

How do you get these invites anyway? Why didn't I get one? Thanks artemis.

Rubbish Monkey

i think you get them depending how long you use it

you get that bit of red text (i never noticed mine)

I have one if anyones interested.

edited because of my stella clouded eyes