Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:41:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

breakfast

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, August 24, 2007, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ckris

Well I had a heart stopping eight rashers of bacon for breakfast this morning and indeed a pot of tea finished it off quite nicely. The best thing about it was waking up, with the sun shining, knowing I have no work today and thinking, I'll take a nice stroll to the shop to pick up some ingredients. It's moments like this that I live for, plus I got to wave my girlfriend off to work, for the extra bum around feel. Aahh lazy days.

Jemble Fred

Twiglets and a flapjack – with machine coffee with extra coffee added to make it taste like coffee.

Ah, office life.

the midnight watch baboon

I had ASDA own brand Maple and Pecan crunch. Lovely! And juice and coffee. Banana, too. On Saturdays I have bacon in eggy, soft white bread with HP sauce, and onion rings on the side. Bananas, too. I have peanut butter sandwiches and Go Ahead! breakfast bars if am working. Banana, too. I can't drink hot drinks at work as can't stand sharing teaspoons and cleaning facilities.

Charles Charlie Charles

Quote from: the midnight watch baboon on August 29, 2007, 02:11:27 PM
I can't drink hot drinks at work as can't stand sharing teaspoons and cleaning facilities.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqhZqkLIqU[/youtube]

TMWB's typical day.

That's close! But am more disgusted by other people's fingerprints and spit than am obsessively clean. Yum.

jennifer

Quote from: VegaLA on August 27, 2007, 04:11:32 PM
I don't drink Tea.
I didn't think that was bad up until I read this thread. Should I seek help?

There's still time. I didn't drink tea until I was 24. Same time I stopped watching eastenders  and started watching coronation street. And made other sweeping lifestyle changes, the catalyst for which was, I suspect, tea.

You will become a tea person. You will one day discover the joy of holding a cup of tea between your breasts (if you are a woman, either way, just resting it on your heart) and feeling your blood run around your body ever so slightly warmer. You can do this with coffee but it's more jittery and less fun. See also - staring into the middle distance while holding a cup of tea, tea's magical ability to be drunk just before bed and not keep you up but to also revitalise you in the morning. Tea. It's the fucking SHIT. May I suggest not much milk and one sugar, at first? And wring the bag to buggery (or let steep in the pot, betterly) if you're used to coffee.

Anyway everyone keep talking about breakfast, this is BRILLIANT.

For instance...what does the panel think of the sweet/meat based breakfast? eg the pancake with bacon and maple syrup? Joey-style 'beef? good! jam? good!' goodness? or madness? I know it's not very british, but that appears to be it's only downside.

chocky909

I've only just tried maple syrup with bacon, sausage and eggs and it's amazing. Scotch pancakes with sausages and scrambled egg drenched in PROPER maple syrup. You can still salt the eggs too. Sugar and salt go amazingly well together with fat, as any fan of Pralines and Cream or Strawberry Cheesecake Haagen Daaz will attest.

With you on the tea, minus the sugar of course. It most definately IS the SHIT. Hopefully my little brother will one day discover the joys of tea and give up his '4 carton a day' CapriSun habit.

Congratulations on the Eastenders/Coronation Street switch. This will improve your life immeasurably although Corry is going through a dull spell at the moment. They might even have to resort to the 'Norris realises he is really gay' plotline they've been holding back on for a few years now.

Just toast for breakfast tomorrow. Extra thick mind. With Marmite. And Tea.

Jemble Fred

Fuck, you must all have guts like cement mixers.

Coffee time.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

For breakfast today I have eaten three chunks of toblerone (large).

Slicing a Gala melon in two in a minute, then gonna dig out and devour its flesh.

jennifer

Quote from: chocky909 on September 01, 2007, 12:33:20 AM
I've only just tried maple syrup with bacon, sausage and eggs and it's amazing. Scotch pancakes with sausages and scrambled egg drenched in PROPER maple syrup. You can still salt the eggs too. Sugar and salt go amazingly well together with fat, as any fan of Pralines and Cream or Strawberry Cheesecake Haagen Daaz will attest.

With you on the tea, minus the sugar of course. It most definately IS the SHIT. Hopefully my little brother will one day discover the joys of tea and give up his '4 carton a day' CapriSun habit.

Congratulations on the Eastenders/Coronation Street switch. This will improve your life immeasurably although Corry is going through a dull spell at the moment. They might even have to resort to the 'Norris realises he is really gay' plotline they've been holding back on for a few years now.

Just toast for breakfast tomorrow. Extra thick mind. With Marmite. And Tea.

Salt and sweet, hell yeah. Chocolate covered pretzels or Reeces Peanut Butter cups. Great stuff.

Yep, it's having a little lull, Corrie. I was rather enjoying the weird phase they went through of trying to 'educate' as well as entertain, especially when everyone started banging on about their carbon footprint. Rita hamfistedly explaining how she turns her 'reet posh' new flatscreen telly off at the wall rather than leaving 'the little light on' was great.

The Ashley/Casey storyline is boring as tits though. The actress who plays Claire is great but she can only do so much 'mental' acting and the single white female stuff has been done to death. Roy being all righteous at Hayley's aunts funeral was heartbreakingly lovely though. I love Roy and Hayley.

Anyway. TEA. I've just drunk an entire pot with jammy toast.  Woo hoo!

Emma Raducanu

No breakfast can cure the exhaustion caused by a month of insomnia, though English Breakfasts can at least bring a warm glow to the otherwise horrible wreck I have become. I find I can appreciate tea more as well, because I'm relying on it providing some kind of medicinal quality, so each sip is held as life giving nectar, with hope it'll make me feel better. It's awesomenessness is so short lived though.

Little Hoover

I'm not a regular tea drinker, but it gives a slight caffeine boost sometimes without making your heart go mental and stomach feel weird the way coffee can sometimes do

Suttonpubcrawl

I actually drink decaffeinated tea. Oh yes!

Little Hoover

I don't usually feel like eating in the morning, but having caffeine on an empty stomach, isn't very good for the system or at least for my incredibly weak stomach, which go's through periods of slight queasyness for absloutley no reason. Honestly I wish I was fat so  so I could just stuff myself full of food and feel nothing, I'm not skinny by choice, I just can't handle much food.
So anyway I usually just have half caffeine half decaf filter coffee for breakfast.

Catalogue Trousers

Ideally, you need some properly-fried hogs' pudding with your fry-up. Not just sausages, this stuff as well. In fact, it may do well substituted for the much-overrated bacon.

petula dusty

I wouldn't eat those particular hog's puddings seeing as they're almost 4 years out of date. What are they if they're not pork sausages, CT?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

It's a sort of West Country Haggis using groats and the usual offal ingredients.

mook

I woke up this morning with a craving for chipolatas, tinned plum tomatoes and fresh crusty bread to mop up the sauce. I've been to three separate butchers, and none of the buggers had any. What's the world coming to when a Englishman can't buy any sodding chipolatas in his own bloody country of a hungover Monday morning, eh!

Epiphany_n

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on August 24, 2007, 01:44:27 PM
Kedgeree, motherfuckers.

I am not a morning person.

I'd never heard of Kedgeree before, but that has got me salivating! I must try it whenever I go somewhere that serves it.

Quote from: SOTS on August 24, 2007, 11:58:51 PM
For weekday breakfasts all I can eat in the short time I have for breakfast in shitty Weetabix. Always Weetabix as well because they're quick to eat and fill me up, meaning less hunger half way through the morning. And I have bloody WATER with it because I don't have time to make a pot of tea.

When I was in a hurry to go to school I used to make Weetabix this way:

1. Boil Kettle.
2. Place 2 x dry Weetabix in a bowl.
3. Once kettle has clicked, pour just enough water over said Weetabix to swell the food (it should roughly retain its shape without going too soggy).
4. Put about 2 teaspoons of sugar on each (now soggy) brick of Weetabix.
5. Add full-fat milk to taste.

Yum!

Whug Baspin

Deep fried peanut butter and jam sandwich with McDonalds strawberry milkshake, only once a year mind.

alan nagsworth

I don't buy my own food in my house so I get whatever's lying around. Cheese toasties are usually the preference. Failing that, cheese on toast or toast with cheese on top. And of course some seriously strong coffee, Nescafe Gold Blend, 2 tea spoons.

However, at work, we get to help ourselves to the same stuff the hotel guests get to eat. I usually just heap my plate with beans, sausages, fried eggs and hash browns, and plenty of brown sauce. If I'm feeling health-conscious I'll have a continental, which is usually a bowl of Coco Pops (fucking yes), a cinnamon swirl type thing, a Granny Smith and some orange juice. Cinnamon swirls are to die for. I would actually die for one, assuming they let me eat it first.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Coco Pops and pastries are healthy now?

alan nagsworth

You should see the fry-ups. The chefs can't cook and the produce is cheap shit. I even heard they re-heat the stuff that doesn't get eaten the day before. In comparison, Professional Doctor In Her Own Right Gillian McKeith gives it four out of five thumbs up.

SetToStun

Quote from: Epiphany_n on September 03, 2007, 10:02:25 AM
I'd never heard of Kedgeree before, but that has got me salivating! I must try it whenever I go somewhere that serves it.

When I was in a hurry to go to school I used to make Weetabix this way:

1. Boil Kettle.
2. Place 2 x dry Weetabix in a bowl.
3. Once kettle has clicked, pour just enough water over said Weetabix to swell the food (it should roughly retain its shape without going too soggy).
4. Put about 2 teaspoons of sugar on each (now soggy) brick of Weetabix.
5. Add full-fat milk to taste.

Yum!

Alternatively:

1. Take three Weetabix and spread liberally with real (salted) butter.
2. Spread thickly with Marmite.
3. Eat.

NB: do this before you put your working duds on. This Is Important.

Emma Raducanu

What about left-overs?

I think Chinese takeaway from the night before makes an awesome breakfast, though that may be controversial.

butnut

Yes, last night's kebab always sets me up for a bright new day.

ziggy starbucks

I'm crap in the mornings. I wake up and can't do anything for about 30 minutes, can't eat, can't shower. It means I have to set the alarm 30 minutes early to compensate, or I'd be late for everything.

I lack discipline

Dusty Gozongas

Quote1. Wake up in a Georgian country house with a hangover of biblical proportions. Slide your arm from beneath the slender alabaster neck of the recumbent debutante and silently pick your way through the detritus of last night's party to the kitchen.

I'm not sure I'd fancy breakfast after eating that.

phucough

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 24, 2007, 12:02:22 PM
Look at the shelves of supermarkets, largely unsmoked and only the polite stock of smoked in the corner for utter freaks who like ingesting soggy sick.

And the shelves of shops are filled with white bread instead of wholemeal... yup, most people have shit taste.

Here's what I have for breakfast if I have the time or inclination: 2 slices of toast, 4 thin sausages (grilled), 3 rashers of SMOKED bacon (grilled), half a tin of beans (unless it's value, I don't care what it is) sometimes with cayenne pepper in em, and an egg. if the yolk doesn't bust when it hits the pan, i'm happy. saus and bacon from the butcher, not the kind of crap you get in the cornershop/supermarket. tea or coffee or orange juice or a combo of both (not usually tea and coffee together though)