Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rave Appreciation Thread

Started by alan nagsworth, August 24, 2007, 02:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

That looks like a typing error or the fault of a stupid, tempramental keyboard to me rather than any indication of Nagsworth's intellect. My keyboard produces things like that all the time. So are you suggesting that ravers all have crap keyboards or what?

Analrapist

alan nagsworth

lol yes i liek the raves but they make me hit tweh wrong keys on muy keyboard

Loud music is commonly known to affect your hand-eye coordination, isn't that right?

*cue everyone makes mistakes/[banned troll] is a mistake joke*

dmillburn

Quote from: Regular Chicken on September 19, 2007, 05:19:49 PM
That looks like a really good night. I'd advise avoiding Pendulum and Scratch Perverts - always shit and rammed when I've seem em.

Well I think Pendulum DJ sets can be really hit and miss depending on the night, I've been to a couple where I wandered off bored in search of something else but for the first time really enjoyed their DJ set before their live set at Fabric earlier in the year.

I must have seen Scratch Perverts 8 or 9 times in the last few years and they've almost always been fantastic - the only slightly dodgy one was last year when it seemed a bit "scratch perverts by numbers" with a few too many obvious records coming out (especially in the first third of the set with the hip hop stuff) and them going through the motions a little. Apart from that I always see them as a great night out - you know it's going to be a little bit of a musical journey and for me they always deliver the goods.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Regular Chicken on September 19, 2007, 05:19:49 PM
That looks like a really good night. I'd advise avoiding Pendulum and Scratch Perverts - always shit and rammed when I've seem em.

Au contrare old sport, when I saw Scratch Perverts it was not too packed, and not too shabby! Amazing, in fact! DJ Yoda is great life as well, lots of soul/disco influence in his sets.

dmillburn

I can never quite make my mind up about Yoda's AV sets - it's alright to watch on his DVD's but live you just end up watching the visuals and not dancing so it can kill the atmosphere in a club a bit. The clips he uses for DVD scratching are also a bit too obvious too (although last time I saw him there was less cheese than usual) and whilst even now it's still impressive to watch someone cutting up dvds I do prefer the way people like Coldcut integrate the technology more with the music. I will check him out again on the night as I do like what he's doing

dmillburn

The something good tag reminded me that Utah Saints were amazing again on Saturday at Drop Beats - 3rd time I've seen them in a year or so and every one has been great, they've transformed themselves into some of the best breaks DJ's playing out at the moment.I always hear good things about their sugarbeat nights at the Elbow Rooms in Leeds and the line-ups always looks decent enough but I've not made it up yet

phes

If you're looking for a good old rave in the South, next Friday night...

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/portsmouth/bandstand/2007/sep/29/event-142842

a silent rave at the bandstand field on Southsea sea-front! I've no idea who's DJing though.

Plus it follows Breakneck/Punchfunk on the pier, just a few hundred yards along the sea-front

<Not a plug, not my night!>

mulder

The latest Mixmag has an excellent Josh Wink Acid Classics CD on the cover.

You might like this too...

http://jungleist.vmlinuz.co.uk/radio/RustyNeedle/PassionRadioBristol-RustyNeedle-24092007.mp3

The first 50-odd mins are Hardcore Breaks (followed by a monumental commercial break cock-up by myself).  I've written stuff about Hardcore Breaks here before, in the Nu-Rave thread.  The last half-hour of this show is a bit of fun with loads of stuff like 'Pump Up The Volume' etc... and some bad mixing.