Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has ANYTHING good happened to ANYONE recently?

Started by Captain Crunch, August 25, 2007, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Maybe it's just because I've had a bad day but I get the distinct feeling of doom and gloom at the moment - rubbish weather, everyone's got colds, nothing on the telly, Ann Widdecombe on the telly, the list is endless.  Let's see if we can share in each other's good fortune by talking about any really top excellent events that have happened recently.

Please?

t_kingpin

Yes, but only a few hours ago I returned from Wierside(sp?), namely Sunderland after watching Liverpool beat the said city 2-0 in a footballing competition.

Oscar

Erm...I just wrote a thread about an exciting lack of water in my street, does that count?

MissInformed

Well, I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I might have a job. Having had two interviews this last week, the first went well enough for them to tentatively offer me the job (it's complicated - well, the job isn't, but the taking on of new staff is) and I could be starting either this coming Friday or sometime in the not-too-distant future.

However, the second interview went arguably better and despite the fact that it is with the company at the end of my road (yes they of the weird Not Very Open Evening), that's the job I really want.

They are taking on twenty people and as I say, I think the interview went ok, but even if that one falls through, I still have vacancy number one to fall back on.

mister_enmity

I found I got excellent GCSE results a couple of days ago. I also found a pound under my pillow today.

MissInformed

Quote from: mister_enmity on August 25, 2007, 11:41:45 PMI also found a pound under my pillow today.

Was it a front or back tooth?

Quote from: DocDaneeka on August 25, 2007, 11:42:34 PMNope.

Your avatar and your response in perfect harmony there, Doc!

Uncle TechTip

Fraid not. Don't forget to add 'people being shot all the time' to the list. And my mum isn't very well.

Small Man Big Horse

No. No fucking no fucking no. Since I broke the leg in January the whole year's been utterly shite. So shite infact that I'm deeply offended that all of you bastards haven't clubbed together to buy me a prostitute to cheer me up.

Ronnie the Raincoat

I got my first permanent job in two years, so that's good.

Although I don't think I'm making a great impression (got the lurgy midweek and was sick and sniffly and generally when I'm nervous I rabbit on) so that's bad.

Er, what else.  Nothing, really, sorry.

Neil

Not really, but I DID leave a fake, wooden turd in my Mum's house, and she saw it and was convinced that someone broke in and shat in her kitchen.  The best bit was hearing that she gingerly poked it round in a circle with her toe.

I found out about Dirty Three last night, and reckon I may love em.

Oscar

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 25, 2007, 11:43:49 PM
No. No fucking no fucking no. Since I broke the leg in January the whole year's been utterly shite. So shite infact that I'm deeply offended that all of you bastards haven't clubbed together to buy me a prostitute to cheer me up.
You daft forgetful bugger, you got engaged to me! It doesn't get much better than that.

_Hypnotoad_

Quote from: Neil on August 25, 2007, 11:48:24 PM
Not really, but I DID leave a fake, wooden turd in my Mum's house, and she saw it and was convinced that someone broke in and shat in her kitchen.  The best bit was hearing that she gingerly poked it round in a circle with her toe.

I found out about Dirty Three last night, and reckon I may love em.

Ha! BTW, I love the little album and artist tips that people leave around here from time to time, will check out Dirty Three. My contribution would be the new Interpol album, which is possibly too lightweight for the complicated and eclectic tastes of those here, but it has a couple of gems on it

All Surrogate

I reached green belt taijutsu in Aikido this week.

Neil

Quote from: _Hypnotoad_ on August 25, 2007, 11:50:39 PM
Ha! BTW, I love the little album and artist tips that people leave around here from time to time, will check out Dirty Three. My contribution would be the new Interpol album, which is possibly too lightweight for the complicated and eclectic tastes of those here, but it has a couple of gems on it

Keep meaning to check out that new Interpol record, got it sitting here.  Hardly even gave over much time to the new Animal Collective yet!  Best release for me this year is probably the Deerhunter one.

This is the Dirty Three track that made my ears really perk up, lovely stuff, from a split 7" with Low.

_Hypnotoad_

Ta mate, CaB radio seems a great way to share your choices as well, as you can only see so many new artists written down, and find the time to check them all out, whereas the time I tuned in on the first night, there was a nice selection playing of genres I wouldn't normally bother with, and yet completely grabbed my attention

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Neil

Quote from: _Hypnotoad_ on August 26, 2007, 12:06:37 AM
Ta mate, CaB radio seems a great way to share your choices as well, as you can only see so many new artists written down, and find the time to check them all out, whereas the time I tuned in on the first night, there was a nice selection playing of genres I wouldn't normally bother with, and yet completely grabbed my attention

No probs, hope you enjoy.  Yeah that's why the CaB Radio thing started really, I'm a terrible bugger for trying to foce my tastes onto others, which is why CaB started, it seemed like the natural successor to mix-tapes :-)  It's really nice to hear other people's selctions too, but we need to get them in the habit of talking more.

I won't go into detail but circumstances have conspired to make this last year and a bit fucking terrible! Really an all-time low which I never thought I'd experience. I've always been an extremely positive person, and never perscribed to the idea that some people are continually struck by bad luck, but this faith has been severely tested recently. However, I'm moving to a new city soon, and effectively starting a new life, so I'm sure God will stop shitting on me, won't you God.

Anyway, no nothing good has fucking happened to me recently.

Starlit

I cycled 30ish miles today, without getting sun burnt. (Might sound pathetic. but I burn ridiculously easy. Even on cloudy days sometimes.)
However, my joy was tempered by the rather brutal chafing that occured on the aforementioned journey. It would seem that I've swapped one irritating mild injury for another.
So, sum total = no worse than usual over all. Which is a victory of sorts.

Fry

I've won the latest battle against my worst enemy, I got good GCSEs and I'm going to brighton for a couple of days with my friends on thursday.

Sheldon Finklestein

Got the grades I need to go to the Uni of my choice, which is a pretty good feeling. God, I can't wait!

Also got in the local papers for my results, so I've been having sweet old ladies coming up to congratulate me all week. Great for the old self-esteem. And something of a turn-on...

In the past week, I've been diagnosed with high blood-pressure, thyroid problems and the highest levels of cholesterol my doctor has ever seen in somebody of my age and (relatively low) fighting weight. It's a bit of a shock, being told these things when you're only twenty-five. As a result, I've had to change my admittedly awful, but really quite enjoyable diet. On the bright side, I do feel a little bit healthier and less depressed after spending a week eating fruit, veg, muesli, etc.

Blue Jam

Nah, all is well here and on top of that I've spent Friday and Saturday getting pissed, and I plan to spend Sunday getting pissed too. Then I've got to look for a new job but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

t_kingpin

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 26, 2007, 02:15:47 AM
Then I've got to look for a new job but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Being a P.R. Man, that should be a breeze!!

SOTS

Er, well. On the upside of my life, I did get fairly good exam results three weeks ago and um, my dog has stopped growling at me a bit.

On the downside of my life, all in the past week... my mother's back in hospital with her depression, one of my best friends of just over two years seems to be completely ignoring me and i'm feeling very stressed about the next year of school.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Oscar on August 25, 2007, 11:50:07 PM
You daft forgetful bugger, you got engaged to me! It doesn't get much better than that.

But don't think I haven't noticed all those nights you've had to spend 'working' late recently. Nor that you always rush to have a shower first before coming to bed...*sob*

Actually the one good thing to happen to me lately is that my sister has split up with her absolute twat of a boyfriend, after realising three years after the rest of us that he's an absolute twat. And now I'll never have to listen to him drone on about golf and, erm, whatever else he drones on about during the time I lose the will to live and stop listening and just make vague uh-huh and yeah type noises.

Go With The Flow

I got the job I applied for, won a Saturday ticket to the Leeds Festival, and I'm going on holiday tomorrow. So all in all, not too bad like.

Oh, and I found 50p yesterday too.

Santa's Boyfriend

I went for a nice walk yesterday.  But that's about it, I think.