Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:31:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has ANYTHING good happened to ANYONE recently?

Started by Captain Crunch, August 25, 2007, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I got told I was adorable, which was nice. If not strictly accurate.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

POSITIVES: I'm moving into a nicer house with some friends, been offered a final interview at a job I didn't even apply for, and I'm going up to my parents for a big piss up to celebrate various familial birthdays.

NEGATIVES: I'm starting to think I'll never have sex again.

alan nagsworth

I got £11 in tips at work the other day. Not a lot of money but if you knew how underappreciated my job makes me feel, the good nature of it all went down well.

Also went to a great rave on friday, that was all good times and unity.

chand

I bought my ladyfriend an engagement ring last month, I'm happy because I've got a neat new guitar, and right now I'm having a week off here in Zagreb hanging out with my girlfriend, who I don't get to see all the time so it's really super awesome when it happens. Monday and Tuesday we're going to a local festival to watch !!! and the mighty Sonic Youth.

Also, demand for copies of my latest album is up a staggering 400% on my previous one, albeit that just means I've had requests for four copies rather than one. Still, I worked out that if these trends continue, in another nine albums from now I'll be breaking the 1 million barrier.

the midnight watch baboon

I found out I may be getting a cheap holiday to Japan in November, coutesy of Mz Baboon's employers.

The Widow of Brid

I completed Guitar Hero 1, 2 and rocks the eighties on 'medium' this weekend. Which has provided a nice feeling of false achievement, and the opportunity to play 'freebird' to a screaming crowd at stonehenge without getting out of my pyjamas.

Though the fact that this orgy of air guitar escapism was prompted by the news that our landlord is selling up and we've to be out the house in six weeks was less good.

Blue Jam

Quote from: t_kingpin on August 26, 2007, 02:24:27 AM
Being a P.R. Man, that should be a breeze!!

PR woman actually, got to watch for that glass ceiling and the like. I'm fairly junior so it's hard at the moment but it will get easier in a few years' time, I just wish it was easy now!

Lee Van Cleef

About the only good thing that's happened to me lately is getting Dolphinface's CD from the CD Ring.  Track 7 is being repeated ad infinitum.

quadraspazzed

I did make some new friends and got back into activism after a too long hiatus and am feeling a bit better about myself generally.

But nothing really EXCITING or FANTASTIC has happened, no. And several pretty bad things have.

EDIT: Actually, someone I quite fancy did ask me to marry them, but it was for citizenship purposes only :(

buttgammon

It's been mostly shit for me for a long time, but...

Nani, 68th minute. So something good has indirectly happened to me in a miniscule way lately.

Braintree

Meh! Not really. Getting concerned I've made a huge mistake moving into private accommodation(was in halls) as the landlord seems mental but the room, people I'm sharing with and area seem nice but if he continues to annoy me I may have to consider halls again, which I don't really want either.

SOTS

I'm starting to get a little pissed off at the tags. If you want me to fuck off just tell me rather than anonymously tagging, ta.

quadraspazzed

I don't think anyone's having a go SOTS. Though I could be wrong, none of those tags seem particularly malicious to me.

SOTS

I know, I know. I just always get a bit paranoid whenever I feel like i'm being vaguely picked on. It all stems from childhood and all of that shit. I really need to know when to shaddap. Sorry about that, folks. I'm just in a shitty mood today. Please continue with the actual thread.

Fry

I've been fired from work :(. Everything has gone shit.

_Hypnotoad_

Neil, do the tags achieve much other than allowing people to take pot shots at others?

I know on some sites they are supposed to be used to group threads into similar subjects to aid searching, but here they seem to have taken on the role of an anonymous abuse area

Neil

Quote from: _Hypnotoad_ on August 26, 2007, 08:29:31 PM
Neil, do the tags achieve much other than allowing people to take pot shots at others?

I know on some sites they are supposed to be used to group threads into similar subjects to aid searching, but here they seem to have taken on the role of an anonymous abuse area

Yeah, I'm getting fucking sick of the abusive ones.  They're meant to be used for funniness. 

It'd be a shame to see em go because I've got loads of laughs from them, but some people just seem to use them to make unfunny snide comments. Neil, can you pinpoint those who abuse the system, then unleash your wrath?

Neil

Spose I'll have to.  Have repeatedly told people on here not to do it, but they're not listening.

glitch

+ I've got a shiny new MIDI keyboard.

- My hair is falling out. Yay hereditary conditions!

Oscar

Quote from: Neil on August 26, 2007, 08:55:28 PM
Spose I'll have to.  Have repeatedly told people on here not to do it, but they're not listening.
I thought your idea of naming taggers was a good one - so that anonymity is a privilege not a right, abuse it and you lose it etc.
Not sure how you'd decide who to name, maybe by complaints.

ziggy starbucks

Jemble Fred

Well there's certainly one 'tiresome' tagger in Comedy Chat who's overdue a kick up the kidneys.

Lee Van Cleef

I think this thread really served in highlighting the need for a thread about how shit life is.  Is there one about?  I can't be arsed to look.

Still, it's nice to try and brighten the place up, innit?

chand

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on August 26, 2007, 09:25:11 PM
I think this thread really served in highlighting the need for a thread about how shit life is. 

I thought that was every other thread?

Lee Van Cleef

Quote from: chand on August 26, 2007, 09:39:54 PM
I thought that was every other thread?

They skirt around the issue, not dealing with it head on.

Of course this may be the possible concussion I suffered today talking.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on August 26, 2007, 09:25:11 PMI think this thread really served in highlighting the need for a thread about how shit life is.  Is there one about?  I can't be arsed to look.

There is this:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15501.0

QuoteStill, it's nice to try and brighten the place up, innit?

Well, I've enjoyed hearing some of the good news, especially the exam results, well done to SOTS and everyone else.  Hopefully the people who are having not quite such a good time will return when things perk up a bit.

Something good happened to me, I am now the proud owner of this

.. or at least I will be when it arrives.  Yay.

buttgammon

TotalMink

Yes - my son was born 3 weeks early but healthy.  All the cliches are true and it is by far the best thing that every happened to me.