Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:10:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Random mongs

Started by alan nagsworth, August 31, 2007, 05:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I'm always into making random shit in Photoshop and the lark, but never really find anywhere to stick it on here, should I wish to show you for whatever ego-feeding spree I'm on at the time. Anyway, since this sub-forum has appeared I figure it'd only be right to have this aswell as all the other themed mongs going on. So stick 'em up, your audio/image/video/flash/comic/whatever mongs! Here's a couple featuring my beautiful face, to get ya goin':

Sorry about them all featuring my face, but I'm usually stuck for ideas and like to create something random which I can still relate to. I'm a bit weird like that I suppose.

chocky909

You've posted those before nagsworth, maybe not the dollar one but definately the other two. They're good though.

Not so good is this one which I was saving for a Wimblemong serve which I never got so here it is. Don't laugh or clap too hard.

Harry Coal

alan nagsworth

Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen, Harry. I laughed for about 5 minutes straight!

Quote from: chocky909 on August 31, 2007, 12:47:00 PM
You've posted those before nagsworth, maybe not the dollar one but definately the other two. They're good though.

Sorry about that, only thought I'd used 'em as avatars previously. Though maybe that's what you're on about. Cheers for the comment anyway!

rudi

Not sure where I could put this, but, seeing as it involves image manipulation I thought here's as good as anywhere:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/08/27/images_resized_just_how_youd_like.html

All very interesting, but I was particularly taken by the image-removal stuff right at the end of the presentation.

Koant

quadraspazzed

Bored, saw this picture (yes, that is Putin) and in conjunction with Stephen Fry raving about ithingies on his blog, thought of this...

LeboviciAB84

Trawling around my dustiest system folders, I found this:

No idea why I made that. And also this (so far unsuccessful) attempt to diversify Chris Moyles' music policy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Redundant attempt at banner for person's website:

DocDaneeka

Heres an animated version of my avatar, which I'm not using because it bums up the transparency.

LeboviciAB84

CaledonianGonzo

Now that you've re-appeared, LeboviciAB84, what in the name of criminy does 'Surfacoj oblitataj de lumo' mean?

It's doing me nut in, but Googling it just leads me back, erm, you.

LeboviciAB84

It's an Esperanto sentence that used to be my catchphrase meny-meny years ago. Literally, I guess it translates as "Surfaces obliterated by light". Make of that what you want.

Since you've mentioned it, I might as well apologise for my extended absence: I was dragged around the world kicking and screaming on someone else's ego-trip. Then I went on a cycling holiday in Shropshire, which was lovely.

CaledonianGonzo

Ah, cheers.  My mate speaks Esperanto, but I didn't think to ask him.  Useful catchphrase, was it?  Find the opportunity to slip it into many conversations?  You can bet I'm going to try.  With my Esperanto speaking mate, that is.  Pronounced as it's written, I suppose.

LeboviciAB84

You'd be surprised how well it played in the provinces! It's actually pronounced "Sur-FATS-oy ob-li-TAR-tie de loo-mo", though. Accompanied by a cheeky wink.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: DocDaneeka on September 26, 2007, 08:45:57 PM
Heres an animated version of my avatar, which I'm not using because it bums up the transparency.

Is now the time to mention that your regular avatar appears on a white square background, but that the animated version you've just posted doesn't (i.e. it seems to have a transparent background)?

Or have I completely misunderstood what you meant by "bums up the transparency"?

As opposed to "transparencies up the bum" which is what Elton John and/or Nan Goldin are frantically doing at the moment.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 27, 2007, 12:12:39 AM
Is now the time to mention that your regular avatar appears on a white square background, but that the animated version you've just posted doesn't (i.e. it seems to have a transparent background)?

Or have I completely misunderstood what you meant by "bums up the transparency"?

As opposed to "transparencies up the bum" which is what Elton John and/or Nan Goldin are frantically doing at the moment.
Are you using Internet explorer 6? It can't handle transparent pngs. Use Firefox or IE7 to see the avatar as the artist originally intended.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: DocDaneeka on September 27, 2007, 12:41:08 AMAre you using Internet explorer 6? It can't handle transparent pngs. Use Firefox or IE7 to see the avatar as the artist originally intended.

Yes I am (and I nearly admitted to that in my earlier post).  However, it handles the transparency on the animated GIF just fine (even if it took them years after any other browser to do so), so I don't understand why you're not using the animation as your avatar "because it bums up the transparency".  Do Firefox and/or IE7 not render the transparency on the animated GIF properly, then?

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 27, 2007, 09:14:03 AM
Yes I am (and I nearly admitted to that in my earlier post).  However, it handles the transparency on the animated GIF just fine (even if it took them years after any other browser to do so), so I don't understand why you're not using the animation as your avatar "because it bums up the transparency".  Do Firefox and/or IE7 not render the transparency on the animated GIF properly, then?
Nah it's just the little white pixels around the face that annoy me.

Ambient Sheep

Ah right, gotcha.

As you were.

You could always colour them (and the rest of the background) pale blue to match the site, now it's all one colour.

snap6sic6

from back in the pre-'Up Your Arts' days, think the thread was called 'cheating at the olympics'

and did this one for a uni assigmnet couple weeks ago, flawed in places but was only a quick job

god knows where the hell all my other pointless ones have gone, think i bit o' HDD searching is in order

Baxter

Trying out the whole vector lark.

Bogey

That's just you in female form isn't it, Baxter?
Admit it!

And I can't help chuckling at Artemis's. That picture's sure got mileage!

Baxter

Quote from: Bogey on December 26, 2007, 10:47:20 PM
That's just you in female form isn't it, Baxter?
Admit it!

Actually me in female for would be Scarlett Johansson.

Quote from: LeboviciAB84 on September 26, 2007, 01:25:50 AM
Trawling around my dustiest system folders, I found this:

No idea why I made that.

You made it because it's genius*.  Made me laugh out loud/spit tea on screen/etc. 

*The Watts Gallery is 10 minutes away from my house

buttgammon

Artemis

This isn't my work but I think it's brilliant.

Baxter