Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio: The "Why haven't you played my stuff yet, jackball?" thread

Started by Neil, August 31, 2007, 01:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Please let me know if you have submitted a mix and I haven't played it yet, and what the name of it is.

Ta.

Ambient Sheep

I didn't get round to playing Dusty Gozongas' 11-minute mix (11.11.mp3) the other night - I just clean forgot by the time I had a slot to do it in.  There's also the hour-long one NoSleep sent in (04 NoSleep's Mix 1a+b.mp3) but I assume you're planning to play that this week anyway.

actwithoutwords

Has mine been played yet? (music for the behearted) I haven't been able to listen the last 2 Sundays. If not, why not? jackball

Jemble Fred

I submitted loads of stuff beyond the cut-up compilations which I'm sure never got played.

But never mind, as I'm out of cut-up stuff I was thinking of putting together a 20/30-minute mix of songs and sketches and stuff at some point over the next few weeks/months when I get time. Folk will hate it, but then I hate folk, Scrooge-style.

Neil

Quote from: actwithoutwords on August 31, 2007, 01:40:05 PM
Has mine been played yet? (music for the behearted) I haven't been able to listen the last 2 Sundays. If not, why not? jackball

Not yet sir.

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 31, 2007, 01:46:19 PM
I submitted loads of stuff beyond the cut-up compilations which I'm sure never got played.

But never mind, as I'm out of cut-up stuff I was thinking of putting together a 20/30-minute mix of songs and sketches and stuff at some point over the next few weeks/months when I get time. Folk will hate it, but then I hate folk, Scrooge-style.

Haven't had a chance to listen to those yet, but yes, new stuff would be ACE.  If it's gonna be a mix like that, then an hour would be good.

With this, we need to get people firing up their mics and talking more, talking about why they've chosen such-and-such a tune, and getting onto Skype and stuff.

Famous Mortimer

I submitted a mix with me talking between the tunes which hasn't been played yet, I just assumed you thought it was rubbish but I may be wrong!

How about putting the "Cookd and Mixd" thread in here too?

Cack Hen

I sent you a mix about two weeks ago or something called mixtapiraganda, which I don't think has been played.

I was gonna do some more, with some C&B references and whatnot in but I wasn't sure if I should or not in case the reason the other one didn't get used was because it was massively shit!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I think I sent one to you Neil a while ago. I think it was called 'mixting1' by DJ Al Fadeout from the brilliant album 'Stealing From Other People' out NOW!

Neil

OK I've been sorting through my PM's and hard drive all day, and getting this all squared up and in the one place.  Here's what I've got :

Regular Chicken - Cookd Mix.mp3
Famous Mortimer - Mix 4.mp3
Micanio - CookdandBombdMix1.mp3
Al - mixting1.mp3
(Cack Hen) Daniel's Mixtapiraganda.mp3
mortimers first show.mp3
hclwmix1.mp3
actwithoutwords - Music for the Behearted.mp3
joeyzaza

And then there are more NoSleep ones.  Is that it?!  If you've sent me one that's not on here, please let me know.

I'm not sure what's happening this week, I know ApexJazz wants to host at least some of the shoutcast, or he may be pre-recording something.  If I'm on then I plan to pick 2 or 3 mixes from the above completely at random.

micanio

That mix of mine was played in the second week - I'm doing another one and a jingle or 2 for you now...

Neil

Aaah course it was, thanks for the correction - and looking forward to hearing the new stuff, loovely.

Lee

Just popping in to say that apparently Boki's sending you a copy of the CD I've spent the past year working on ("Can Buy Me Love IV"), so feel free to play anything from that if it takes your fancy.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2007, 03:16:59 PMhclwmix1.mp3

1h04m03s long & 150,133KB big, yes?  If so, that got played in the same show as Micanio's (week 2, the one that I hosted), at about 9.25pm.  Playing the big file of that week in VLC ('cos it's not long after the bit-rate change), it appears at 1:20:35, announced 30 seconds earlier.

Neil

Hand Cold Liver Warm's mix got played too?  Crikey, and I heard it and all.  Well thanks for the correction, again :-)  Actually I have some space clear now so will grab your evening and check the rest of it out, cause I had to go to bed at 11ish I recall.

hclw played The Chiffons, yeah?  I remember now.

EDIT:  And Saturday Night Fry.  I remember, I remember.

EDIT:  Ah thanks to your link I can now move Regular Chicken's mix out of the "not played yet" folder too.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Neil on September 06, 2007, 08:00:11 AMEDIT:  Ah thanks to your link I can now move Regular Chicken's mix out of the "not played yet" folder too.

:-)  I did ask him at the time "Would you rather I played it now, since it's 1.30am, or would you rather we carried it over to another week at an earlier timeslot?", but he was all up for it being played then, which was fine by me.

ziggy starbucks

I enjoyed the HCLW mix a lot. Please play it again. Sheepy talked over the last 5 seconds of that interminable first world war music and spoiled the ending.

Why does he/she never post?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 06, 2007, 07:47:15 PMI enjoyed the HCLW mix a lot. Please play it again.

To be honest, I can't see why Neil or whoever can't replay mixes in a few weeks' or months' time should there be a demand.  But it's probably best to get through all the fresh stuff first.

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 06, 2007, 07:47:15 PMSheepy talked over the last 5 seconds of that interminable first world war music and spoiled the ending.

I didn't mean to.  The crossfading plugin for Winamp has a bug in it that cuts off the last few seconds of a track if you just stop it (e.g. because you're about to talk on the mic) rather than letting it fade into the next one.

Since I'd only installed the Shoutcast broadcasting software (which included the crossfading plugin automatically, I didn't ask for it) about 90 minutes before I went on air, I hadn't realised that it did this.  In fact it was really the abrupt end to that mix that alerted me that it wasn't just random strangeness but that something very weird was going on.  (It also buggers up the time readings on Winamp too, so you have no idea when the track might be ending, hence me getting caught out by it.  I've since found out that if you download the plug-in separately, you get a README file warning you about all this shiteness; but when it comes with Shoutcast automatically, one is not blessed to receive that information.)

I then spent ages trying to turn it off, utterly baffled by the lack of a tick box to do so.  I gave up in the end - when I did 90 minutes or so last Friday after Neil went to bed, I tried to combat this by inserting little two- and three-second silent MP3s in-between tracks & jingles, but that still meant that stuff got faded in and out in a rather crap way.

It was only earlier this week (when I finally lost my patience with it while it was ruining a gapless CD) that I realised that - unlike the other categories of plugins - you can only have ONE output plugin, so all you have to do is change it back to the standard one.  Simple as that.  D'oh!

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 06, 2007, 07:47:15 PMWhy does he/she never post?

I don't know.  You tell us.

ziggy starbucks

on sunday, someone (i.e sheepy) should sing Nessum Dorma on skype in tribute to pavarotti.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

We should have competition to see how will be crowned the new Pavarotti. As long as it's not the ugly cunt off the telly.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 06, 2007, 08:58:57 PM
on sunday, someone (i.e sheepy) should sing Nessum Dorma on skype in tribute to pavarotti.

I've tried it on the uke before – it's perfectly possible, but then, luckily for everyone, I don't have skype.

Or Sheepy's facial hair.

The Duck Man

Ambient Sheep

Nobody needs to hear that.  Most of you have heard the grim mumble that is my voice, nobody needs to hear it warbling as well!  :-)

Neil

Can I have an update here please folks, this is very confusing and hard to keep track of.  If you have submitted a mix and it hasn't been played, post here, and tell me the filename.  Thanks.

micanio

I emailed you a mix last week - called "Micanio - Cookd and Bluegrass"

Neil

OK got that one.  Keep em coming.  I'll set up that bit of the wiki now, I think, and try and get this arranged better, it's a nightmare doing all this at the mo.

Derek Trucks

I sent you Show 4 of the singles link "Show 4 - 975 to 967.mp3" in a PM, but only last week on Weds/Thurs I think.

trench

Vitalstatistix

Neil - from that list of yours, I'm pretty sure you played my Regular Chicken mix (I've changed accounts) so I wouldn't bother spinning it again unless of course you love it that much! I sent you a new one a week or 2 ago - an Indie Hip Hop taster. You mightve already played it, I havent been able to listen in much the last few weeks my computer is dying *sad face*, but yeah..I think I sent it you anway *confused face*

Hoskinator

I have sent you three mixes, I think you said there was a problem with the first one or something.  I don't know if you played one last week or not as I couldn't listen to last weeks show.  Although I didn't read the thread properly and I emailed you my mixes (links to) rather than PM.

but they are called

Hosks Cab 1 - Hosks Cab 1 - try this furry hat on for size.MP3

halloween cab 1.MP3

Hoskinator is mixing up a muppet storm.MP3