Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ITV plans The Wire-based drama

Started by Lofty Haughty, September 01, 2007, 02:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lofty Haughty

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2069645,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=4

Yeah... that's not good is it.

Although as you are reading the article it seems that the based on the Wire Idea means little more that that, like that Wire, ITV want to make a good show, everything else doesn't seem that similar.

QuoteMore of a 'television novel' than a cop show, it will have a beginning, a middle and an end...

Good cocking lord that's a relief. I really hate those cop shows that go on for an infinite number of hours.

(I'm sorry, I was equivocating over whether to put this in the "Wire (Spoilers)" thread, but then I made the decision not to. Also I am equally, if not slightly more, sorry if this topic already lurks somewhere in this forum. What's more this is old news to an extent and so you all may have heard about it but hey it's my first post right...)

samadriel

"Will, it just hasn't been the same since the accident.  I'm sorry... I'm leaving you."

"But... Wanda, how could you?!  Whatever happened to 'in sickness and in health'?"

"It's not just that, Will...  I should have told you a long time ago, but I'm in love with..."

"No!  Tell me you're lying!"

"It's true, Will.  At first I was just a shoulder for her to cry on, but then... I cocked her."

"Oh, fair enough."

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Why don't they just show The Wire. TWATS! WANKER! FUCK SHIT BASTARD HEADSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

drberbatov

Why not just get better writers/actors for The Bill

Mister Six

Boasting about having a novelistic show is ridiculous when there's only going to be 14 episodes over both seasons.

Whug Baspin

Shamlessly nicked response from the digitalspy forums, but it made me chuckle.
Jimmy Nail - Bubbles
Harry Hill - Frank Sobotka

Mister Six

Quote from: Whug Baspin on September 03, 2007, 08:42:32 AM
Shamlessly nicked response from the digitalspy forums, but it made me chuckle.

Any more?