Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Women are gold diggers, 46 people prove it.

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 04, 2007, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAn Indiana University team looked at the behaviour of 46 people taking part in a speed-dating session.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6976588.stm

'I find your financial security attractive!

I've never heard it called that, etc, etc'

Surely most women don't think like this? Money is out there to be made yourself ladies. I'm only really whinging because I don't have any wealth, I just assumed my lack of recent success was down to other things than wealth, partly because it's the 21st century and I'm not after a dish mop on legs.

Speed dating/online dating is rather like window shopping anyway, so it's hardly surprising this happens, and people start judging on different criteria. Essentially this proves nothing, what a shit BBC article even if it is online, it's the sort of baseless faff even womens online websites would disregard.

Hank_Kingsley

Your recent lack of success stems from your tendency to punch people in the kidneys during sex. That's what I heard anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One of my girlfriends used to love that, etc..

boxofslice

I had a friend called Reece and one night in bed his girlfriend took it upon herself to try something different and stuck her finger up his backside. He took great offence to this, nutted her and told her never to come back. He was very insecure.

El Unicornio, mang

Power/wealth has always been attractive to The Ladies. This is why the likes of Hugh Hefner are still boning 20-year olds. Not wanting to generalise though, obviously.

Jemble Fred

The ultimate turn off from a lady: 'What kind of car do you drive?' It's not even worth a witty riposte, just 'fuck off, love.'

To be fair, I think money-grubbers are a rare breed these days – it's called having self respect.

Hank_Kingsley

Maybe she's just genuinely interested in cars! You're a rude cunt you are.

El Unicornio, mang

I was at the bar the other week and all I had was a $100 bill and I was waiting for the barman, and there was this hot, vaguely slutty looking girl sitting at the bar, and I say "Do you think he'll have change for this?" (not trying to impress her, just curious) and her eyes light up and she goes "You a baller?". I said "Um, no I don't think so".

According to Urban Dictionary a baller is:

A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

Well I'm certainly not a "thug" who is "living large" but I should probably have said "yes"...

quadraspazzed

samadriel

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 04, 2007, 05:25:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6976588.stm

'I find your financial security attractive!

I've never heard it called that, etc, etc'

Surely most women don't think like this?

I think Young MC said it best:

If you got no money and you got no car / Then you got no woman, and there you are.

rudi

I was in a bar one Friday night, chilling out watching the Sugar Ray fight.
I was kinda laid back sipping a tequilla when this girl walked up she said "Hi, my name is Sheila".
I responded by saying hello, she paid for my drink and then said "let's go". She bought my drink I thought that that was polite so I walked out with her, said "What's up for the night". She said "Just get in the car" so I obliged, about 20 minutes later we pulled up in here garage. She parked her car, gave me some sexy looks, she started walking in the house I said "I'm with you toots".
Soft music and wine in the glasses, and then she started to make little passes at me. She said "Sweetheart, today's your lucky day and when I've finished with you you're gonna yell Ole!".
She stood up so I stood up with her, she puckered up so I started to kiss her. she got close thats when she got bold, she started feeling up my back I said "Ooh your hands are cold!"
We went to her bedroom thinking of one thing, took the phone off the hook to avoid the annoying ring.
I carresed her bod and I kissed her cheek and thats when I observed her Gucci bed sheets.
I felt that it was time for me to make my move, I thought I better hurry up before I busted a groove.
I leaned down to kiss her but then out of the blue a door slammed and a voice said "Baby where are you?"
Her boyfriend busted in he grinned an evil grin and said "Boy I'm-a tear your bod limb from limb!"
I was scared as hell where I was supposed to go? I just yelled "Geronimo!" and jumped out the window.
Just my luck we were in a snow storm I didn't even have my underwear on to keep my warm/
And to top the night off I had to break in my place because my keys were on pants back on Sheila's book case.
I was done sneezing and coughing; I hope this doesnt happen to often.
But nevertheless, don't mean to bust your bubble, but girls of the world aint nothing but trouble; so next time a girl gives you the play just remember my rhymes and get the hell away...

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on September 04, 2007, 06:04:42 PM
Maybe she's just genuinely interested in cars!

Well, that's still a huge turn-off. (To be fair, I would be far more likely to say 'excuse me' and leave than actually say 'fuck off'.)

surreal

Er... "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money" - Good Charlotte

Come on, its all I could think of.... no?  Oh alright then.... *leaves*

mwude

I think the fact they surveyed less than half the number of people that the makers of Family Fortunes considered an adequate sample tells you pretty much all you need to know about the reliability of this research.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't want American pop culture references really, I'd rather read what women have to say about it. Still fairly convinced its bollocks, though thinking about it I can think of several instances where women have teased this information out of me fairly early on, but some of them didn't run away, so I don't know what that means. I probably compensate by being stunningly good looking? Yeah, that works!

SOTS

"I don't want your money honey, I want your looove"

ziggy starbucks

the number of women employed in the gold digging/mining industries is very small. Even in the third world, most mining is done by men.

True story: I once knew a woman who was a road digger

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ziggy starbucks

Dusty Gozongas

No mention of winners/losers in the divorce courts so far... We should organise a reunion in, say, ten years from now ;o)

Notlob

I'm sure it's not so blatant as money-grubbing, I think women look for stability: I'm sure I read in an A level Psychology book that women and older men display 'pragma' rather than 'agape'.

Or did I dream it?

Cold Meat Platter

idiot women value money and cars over everything else in the same way that idiot men value bleached hair and pushed up tits. the less discerning (or pished up) people go for the caricatures of genetic success. Gold digging is the flip side of trophy shagging.

23 Daves

As Charles Bukowski once (unusually reasonably) said "If they wanted to have a settled life and start a family, you couldn't really blame them for not looking twice at me".  I haven't quoted him precisely there, but it's early in the morning and I can't be arsed to dig "Ham On Rye" off the bookshelf.

I don't think it's a primary motivator for most women I know, but at some point or another many of them will ask about their partner's reliability, maturity, ability to plan for the future, etc, and some of this will involve questions about financial security.  It's one of those things I think matters less at the age of eighteen than it does in your thirties.  The majority of the population (male and female) don't like drifting or scraping by into their old ages.  It has had an effect on the relationships of quite a few people I know.  The appeal of going out with musicians on a dog-meat wage or respected artists going through a lean period does seem to pall in some cases as they get older.

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: boxofslice on September 04, 2007, 05:31:51 PM
I had a friend called Reece and one night in bed his girlfriend took it upon herself to try something different and stuck her finger up his backside.

So she was -quite literally- a gold digger.

Blue Jam

Quote from: 23 Daves on September 05, 2007, 08:49:26 AM
I don't think it's a primary motivator for most women I know, but at some point or another many of them will ask about their partner's reliability, maturity, ability to plan for the future, etc, and some of this will involve questions about financial security.

...and when we do that we're weighing up the risks of them being gold diggers to us! I've met many men who've been just a bit too interested in my salary, whether I live in a rich area or not, etc- male gold diggers certainly do exist. See that thread about parents divorcing- people who say money isn't important in a relationship have clearly never had to put up with their parents arguing about it constantly.

This thread reminds me of this article- it doesn't mention differences in income in so many words but the author is right to wonder about films where mature, successful women end up with lazy, unemployed slobs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What does it matter what the male partner is earning? Men don't provide for women any more, they're both out at work. With this out of the equation (or at least insignificant) you'd think women would value other things more.

23 Daves

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 05, 2007, 08:11:15 PM
...and when we do that we're weighing up the risks of them being gold diggers to us! I've met many men who've been just a bit too interested in my salary, whether I live in a rich area or not, etc- male gold diggers certainly do exist. See that thread about parents divorcing- people who say money isn't important in a relationship have clearly never had to put up with their parents arguing about it constantly.

It's definitely a primary source of arguments amongst people I know, and has been in relationships of my own as well - I speak from experience.  As for male gold-diggers, they definitely exist.  Idle male musicians or artists poncing off women from wealthy backgrounds is actually reasonably common, I think.  Mind you, all the men I've met who fall into that category normally get told to piss off sooner or later, whereas the likes of Winner and Stringfellow don't really seem to turf their ladies out on to the street when it becomes apparent that they're only wanted for their power and dosh.  Men seem to be strangely lacking in dignity in that respect.  Or perhaps they're just tremendously deluded or in denial.

Jemble Fred

Well this is all news to me. If anyone knows any desperate solvent ladies, PM me. Ta.

EDIT: Not too fat though.

Captain Crunch

This thread has reminded me about a strange situation I found myself in years ago.

I somehow ended up being in this social circle made up of four five couples.  This was a group of male friends and their girlfriends who all seemed to get on well or at least pretended to get on well to keep the men sweet.  Anyway, about this time the Playstation 2 came out - Lisa bought one for Tom then Rosie bought one for Glen and so on until I was the only one who hadn't rushed out and spend a couple of hundred quid on her boyfriend for no apparent reason.  Eventually he said to me "all the girls have got one for their blokes, when do I get mine?".  I told him to fuck off.

Needless to say I wasn't in the circle very long but I know it still goes on with the remaining couples.

Has anyone ever heard of a similar peer pressure on men at all?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, lavishing loved-ones with expensives gifts is the new lying down and exchanging intimate thoughts and feelings. As illustrated, things come with the added "look how many playstations I love my boyfriend more than you by" effect.