Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris GLR shows

Started by Richcolour!, September 10, 2007, 10:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richcolour!

Ok, I need to dig deeper in the tape box.

I'm actually out of space on the server, so can't add anything new until I get a new one. Neil, could you let me know what hosting you're using? Cheers.

weirdbeard

Brilliant, more GLR on the way!  Don't be adverse to using SendSpace or Rapidshare, their speeds are good and the links will probably last longer than your original ones, provided they get regular downloads, which I'm sure they will once Neil puts up a new update.

ggen

Quote from: Richcolour! on January 10, 2008, 09:57:31 AM
PS - I'm looking for a dedicated server, unlimited bandwidth, cheap! Anyone recommend?

Whilst not unlimited, Dreamhost offer quite a lot of space/bandwidth and if you can find a coupon code it's relatively cheap. If you want some free hosting for these files I have plenty of bandwidth to spare.

Richcolour!

Ok, dunnit, the GLR files are on a new server, go to :

http://www.86mastermix.com/morris

I've now got more bandwidth than you can throw a memory stick at, so download and be happy! More shows to appear sometime soon(ish). It's 2000 and great! :)

thanks - Rich

(Edited - sorry Rich, but please read the rules... Neil)

Beck

Cheers Rich! This stuff's much appreciated!

weirdbeard

Yeah, thanks for these.  Great little Wayne Carr sketch in that 22.4.90 one.  Can't help feeling that this being a sticky thread makes this easier to ignore, somehow.

benjula

brilliant!, been looking for more of these.

weirdbeard

Hello everyone.  Keep an eye on http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=glr as I'm in the middle of uploading everything I have of the GLR shows (and eventually all the No Known Cure and Radio 1 Music Shows) to the likes of sendspace, rapidshare et al.

However, I don't have all the GLR shows, I don't have 10/01/92, 25/05/92, 28/12/92,  10/04/93 and 15/05/93, nor the upgraded version of 24/04/93 - can someone out there do me a favour and upload them please?  Ta.

Neil

Let me check to see if I have those on this puter, weirdbeard.  You really are doing some awesome work, I must say!

Old Thrashbarg

I've got the 10/04/1993 show and what I assume is the upgraded version of 24/04/93 (it's 1hr 43m) available to upload if you want.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 10, 2008, 03:37:15 PM
I've got the 10/04/1993 show and what I assume is the upgraded version of 24/04/93 (it's 1hr 43m) available to upload if you want.

Go for it!  Thanks.  Actually, if you or anyone else wants to upload audio files to http://www.zshare.net/ , we should be able to stream them as well as download them.  I'll upload them somewhere else in time as a backup link.

Old Thrashbarg

Right, they're both going to zSHARE then. Looks like it'll take a couple of hours for them both to finish uploading.

Old Thrashbarg

No problem. I'm guessing it was your quick work to update the Wiki before I'd finished doing likewise? :)

trench

Currently uploading the 10.01.92 show to zshare. I had to re-encode it, hopefully it hasn't suffered too much.

trench

weirdbeard

Thanks Trench!

Just realised, there's two other shows I don't have which I failed to mention in that initial post.  They are 21/10/90 and 04/11/90.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: trench on November 11, 2008, 01:07:34 AM
GLR 10.01.92.mp3 - 103.08MB

Thanks for these Trench - really is much appreciated.

EDIT: And Old Thrashbarg too, obviously.

trench

I've had a rummage about and unfortunately I don't seem to have those other two you mention weirdbeard.

Thanks Old Thrashbarg and trench, will enjoy listening to these.  Um, not much more than that to say, really.

trench

If you need any of these episodes uploaded weirdbeard let me know :

25.02.90, 01.07.90, 22.07.90, 05.08.90, 02.09.90, 30.09.90, 09.12.90 (the date of this one was uncertain when I downloaded it), 03.11.91, 26.12.91 (parts 1 and 2), 28.12.91, 03.01.92, 24.04.93, 01.05.93, 08.05.93.

weirdbeard

Quote from: trench on November 11, 2008, 07:42:58 PM
If you need any of these episodes uploaded weirdbeard let me know :09.12.90 (the date of this one was uncertain when I downloaded it), 28.12.91, 03.01.92

Hi, I'll take these three please!  I'll date that first one for you, and I think the 28.12.91 is actually the 28.12.92, which I don't have anyway.

trench

These should be up sometime tomorrow evening.

boxofslice

Would also like to add my thanks for these. Thanks.

weirdbeard

Quote from: trench on November 11, 2008, 07:42:58 PM
If you need any of these episodes uploaded weirdbeard let me know :09.12.90

Listening to it, it does indeed sound like that date - Morris mentions a few times the snow showers London had and that weekend Britain was indeed covered in snow.  Great, I had no record of that show so that's another one to add to the list.   If anyone has anymore which aren't on the GLR page, please upload them.

By the way, I've now started uploading the Radio 1 Music Shows.  I have them all, but I think I might have a couple from before they were upgraded - I know Steve Bass2Rez provided the site with upgrades, but I don't know if that was for all of the shows.  I'll start by uploading the upgraded ones and then move on from there.

If anyone wants to do a similar thing with Blue Jam, go for it, I haven't got any of those.

trench

As regards the Music Shows, I'm not sure that all of those were upgraded, but I may be wrong. As for Blue Jam, I have mp3's of series one and two, and hard copies of series three. I can start by uploading series one, and if anyone wants to jump in with the other series fire away. If not then I have no problem uploading the rest.

Oh, I found another GLR, dated 17.04.93. Do you need that one?