Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HOLY FUCKING SHIT: RADIOHEAD: IN RAINBOWS: OCTOBER 10

Started by actwithoutwords, October 01, 2007, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I don't even know why I'm considering paying for it. £40 is too much because I don't own a vinyl player and two months is too long to wait for it to get delivered. Will probably just have it off Oink or something. Never mind.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Is noone going to post an amusing, bogus claim to receiving their code then?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on October 10, 2007, 01:01:58 AM
Is noone going to post an amusing, bogus claim to receiving their code then?

Dude...this isn't the official Radiohead talk board. They're drowning in wagsters at the mo.

Anyway, keep this under your hat: http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Download - the activation code's 673399

EDIT: Sorry. They must have pulled the page!

actwithoutwords

It's like Christmas Eve when I was a child all over again.

COME ON!

Rev

And we're off!

It took all of two minutes to download for me, and given that it's only about midnight in the US, the servers are probably getting a thorough hammering and not falling over.

Dunno if it's any good or not.  I'm off to bed.

niat

Woo hoo! Currently syncing my iPod to listen on the way to work. Hope traffic's bad!

For those that want to queue jump, somebody's already posted it up on send space, no it wasn't me http://www.sendspace.com/file/c77mt6

chocky909

Woo Hoo. I was thinking 6am-ish would be a good time to start. 0631 I got my link. Listening to it on the way to work now.

no_offenc

This is very very fucking good so far.  About 6000 times better than HTTT.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I'm pretty sure Neil doesn't approve of linking to whole albums on the forum.

niat

I'm very impressed with the way the download worked. It took no time at all to download, and I got the email through at 06:34. Maybe Radiohead should distribute the Danny Baker show instead of Wippit! (Comedy Chat passim).

I've only heard the first 4 tracks so far, and the bass was massively distorted on my car stereo, but that's my problem. I've downloaded it at work as well, and will hopefully get time to listen in full. Like what I've heard so far.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

The strings are gorgeous.  The mysterious Faust Arp turned out to be fantastic too!

Little Hoover

Wow that was smooth, I'm on the 2nd track right now.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on October 10, 2007, 10:29:57 AM
The strings are gorgeous.  The mysterious Faust Arp turned out to be fantastic too!

I haven't heard it yet, but a lot of people seem to be comparing it to Eleanor Rigby. I'm intrigued!

buntyman

Pretty impressed after first listen. That All I Need song sounds very Boards of Canada-y. The MP3s themselves sounds decent enough on my player, i've burnt it on cd so i'll give it a proper test on my stereo after work.

George Oscar Bluth II

It's pretty fucking good on first listen. All I Need the highlight.

Marvin

Balls, my download timed out instantly and now I can't reuse my activation code until their customer services email me back. But I want Radiohead now!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Marvin on October 10, 2007, 11:56:02 AM
Balls, my download timed out instantly and now I can't reuse my activation code until their customer services email me back. But I want Radiohead now!

It's on XFM now if you can get it.

Marvin

Or in related news, radioheadlp7.com is a very good message board. (NB it's really not actually, but they do have sendspace and yousendit downloads)

Marvin

Wow, got Nude now and so far this album is just getting better.

actwithoutwords

The fucking bassline at the end of Arpeggi!
The intro to Nude!
The fucking immense climax of All I Need!
The chorus to Bodysnatchers!
RRRRRRReckoner!

My internet died a death literally a couple of minutes after downloading it this morning, and just got it back now.
Absolutely gorgeous stuff overall. I'm gutted about Videotape. But that was inevitable really. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for it to burst open like the live version, and then it didn't. Huge let down after what had led up to it. Expecting it to be the best Radiohead song ever was always going to be a problem, and the new version will grow on me, but still...

Otherwise, WOWSERS!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: actwithoutwords on October 10, 2007, 12:56:59 PM
The fucking bassline at the end of Arpeggi!
The intro to Nude!
The fucking immense climax of All I Need!
The chorus to Bodysnatchers!
RRRRRRReckoner!

My internet.  Also, I am a turd. died a death literally a couple of minutes after downloading it this morning, and just got it back now.
Absolutely gorgeous stuff overall. I'm gutted about Videotape. But that was inevitable really. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for it to burst open like the live version, and then it didn't. Huge let down after what had led up to it. Expecting it to be the best Radiohead song ever was always going to be a problem, and the new version will grow on me, but still...

Otherwise, WOWSERS!

Videotape's really divided the fans, hasn't it.  You're expecting it to build up to something - sort of like the harps coming in in Motion Picture Soundtrack - but I do quite like the fragile conclusion.

My one niggle is that I wanted the "weird fishes" line in Arpeggi to be stronger - like the Ether festival version, but it's a minor complaint.

Bloody Great Album!

mitzidog

Oh My!

This is really very very good, and that's only on the first listen.

t_kingpin

Pseudopath

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on October 10, 2007, 01:11:08 PM
Videotape's really divided the fans, hasn't it.

Hmm...I do like the live version with the rock-out section at the end, but I don't think it would have worked very well as an album finale. I suppose they could have put it earlier in the album and used Nude as the closer.

Blooming marvellous album, though. Although I see the BBC were quick to start the backlash. "Favourite Radiohead album is Pablo Honey" indeed.