Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOLY FUCKING SHIT: RADIOHEAD: IN RAINBOWS: OCTOBER 10

Started by actwithoutwords, October 01, 2007, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marvin

Ooh, You and Whose Army?, great live one and I just noticed possibly lyrical on a similar subject to Up On the Ladder.

EDIT - 'I'm having a serious moment here!'

chocky909

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 16, 2008, 11:19:22 PM
It certainly sounds a lot better without the dodgy Rammstein backing track!

I love the studio version of UOTL. I don't really know Rammstein's stuff very well but I'm sure you're talking cack.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Fucking Classic. "I'm having a serious moment 'ere"

chocky909

Marvin

Yay, another one that's a live classic.

Why the hell do NME.com have someone reporting from 'live inside' the gig by the text, how ridiculous.

MY FUCKING IRONG LUNG

Ahem. Sorry.

chocky909

Quote from: Marvin on January 16, 2008, 11:25:46 PM
Yay, another one that's a live classic.

Why the hell do NME.com have someone reporting from 'live inside' the gig by the text, how ridiculous.

Yes. ITS ON TELLY! WE CAN SEE AND HEAR WHATS HAPPENING!

Marvin

Quote from: chocky909 on January 16, 2008, 11:29:28 PM
Yes. ITS ON TELLY! WE CAN SEE AND HEAR WHATS HAPPENING!

It amuses me that they think people might sit online reading his 'they're playing this now' updates rather than actually watch it.

I'm suddenly really jealous of that audience, My Irong Lung is always one of the highpoints at their gigs for me.

chocky909

It's great to hear My Iron Lung without that trumpet effect on Jonny's guitar. Never been a fan of that.

I hope they play a cover or new song though.

niat

Marvin

Quote from: niat on January 16, 2008, 11:35:03 PM
Jonny's solo went all Tom Morello at the end!

He does tend to fuck about with effects etc on the solos for old songs live, it's ace.

The Bends, would not have predicted that!

Marvin

It's interesting how guitar-heavy their live stuff is at the moment, both new and old, Thom seems to be playing live again a lot more, him playing on National Anthem for example. I've always liked the rawness that they get when they really go for it with three guitarists though.

niat

chocky909

All done. That was The Bends again in the background.

Excellent, I didn't think it would be that good. A lot better than the Scotch Mist session which were a bit flabby I thought. Great versions of All I Need, Videotape and Reckoner. Shame nothing new but they played for ages and it sounded great. I can't wait til Victoria Park now.

Duckula

I would really love to see them in a venue that small. They were really alive.

Anon

Bloody hell, that was worth it - the versions of All I Need and Reckoner were incredible, and as for The Bends...well, who would have predicted it?  Like chocky909, I'm looking forward to Victoria Park even more now, that was a great, energetic and (mot importantly) fun performance.

Mindbear

I wish I'd seen your post Anon, I missed it and just watched House in a strop instead of watching a special gig. Bums.

And yes, i'm using a stupid lovely mac.

Marvin

Quote from: Mindbear on January 17, 2008, 01:19:36 AM
I wish I'd seen your post Anon, I missed it and just watched House in a strop instead of watching a special gig. Bums.

And yes, i'm using a stupid lovely mac.

The whole set on Youtube if that helps:

http://www.youtube.com/eeiciap

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I went past at about 6:30. The place was swarming with indiekids. Even more than usual!

I went for a curry*. It was superb, but there was no webcast.

* Not on Brick Lane. At a place called Tayyabs in Whitechapel which was superb, even though the queue was stupidly long.

Vitalstatistix

Anyone listening to Radio 1? The guys have taken over Zane Lowe's show this week. Playing some fab stuff. Some real good laid-back banter aswell. Thom certainly seems to have mellowed a bit the past few years.

Yeah, this is very enjoyable stuff.  Shame that Annie Mac has to be there with them, though.  Couldn't believe my ears when it became clear she'd never heard of XTC after they'd played "Sgt. Rock".

"So that's New Wave then, yeah? XTC?  Are they British?"

What is she, 18?  Be away with yer.

Vitalstatistix

Eh she's alright. I like her voice and she has an endearing laugh. She's tonnes better than all the other twats who work at Radio 1.

Cack Hen

I saw this kid on the telly the other week, who astonishingly is a radio one DJ. I can't remember what he said exactly, but he basically implied to some shitty band that it's OK to be a bit different, because even Björk hasn't been that successful.

Do they just let anyone DJ there now then.

chocky909

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsqqiOPzfw&feature=PlayList&p=DFA0A65681B7036D&index=13

36 seconds in: "Holy Shitsauce! Hey everybody, looks like we got ourselves a crimp-off" I didn't know [banned troll] was a Radiohead fan.

Quote from: Vitalstatistix on January 17, 2008, 08:52:04 PM
Eh she's alright. I like her voice and she has an endearing laugh. She's tonnes better than all the other twats who work at Radio 1.

Oh yeah, she's got a sexy voice and that and, agreed, she's better than yer Daytime R1 goons.  (Although that's empty praise if ever I heard it). I just found it a bit surprising that a cool "alternative" DJ like her didn't appear to have come across XTC before.  P'raps it's just me being all old and everything.

Anyway, who cares? This show's ace.

Vitalstatistix

Really enjoyed that Kings of Leon track they played, "Charmer". Apparently, Ed's a big fan. I always assumed they were kinda wank (due to their popularity in the UK) but I would highly recommend their latest album 'Because of the Times', which I aquired since the 'head radio show. It's really very good, like a blues band doing Pixies covers.

Ah, I'd forgotten about this.  I was in 93 Feet East having a quiet drink, and when we left there were suddenly hundreds of eager young types fighting to get in as we were fighting to get out.
I doubt they'd have let us stay in there anyway.  Still, an odd experience.

weekender

On Jools Holland in about half an hour or so, apparently.

I'm not sure this album has been promoted enough, it's good to see it getting some wider exposure.