Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOLY FUCKING SHIT: RADIOHEAD: IN RAINBOWS: OCTOBER 10

Started by actwithoutwords, October 01, 2007, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Hoover

There's a performance of house of cards that wasn't on the main show, that you can watch here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/shows/series31/episode01/radiohead/

I love that Thom as you might expect would nod his head or clap along to feist, and cat power, but more than anything else he really seemed to enjoy Mary J Blige.

Love the concentration on Jonny's face.

Cheers for the link!

Quote from: Little Hoover on February 02, 2008, 12:59:12 PM
I love that Thom as you might expect would nod his head or clap along to feist, and cat power, but more than anything else he really seemed to enjoy Mary J Blige.

Not much point trying to understand him really, Im sure he's totally insane. What about the maniac dancing in 15Step. Going to see them 24th June, very excited.

Vitalstatistix

I have tickets for the Berlin gig. I can't wait to see who's supporting. Judging by their radio slot, and previous support acts, the boys have damn fine taste.

Mister Six

Quote from: its not cool to be weird on February 03, 2008, 10:37:26 PM
Not much point trying to understand him really, Im sure he's totally insane. What about the maniac dancing in 15Step. Going to see them 24th June, very excited.

Radiohead are amazing live. Saw them at V Festival a couple of years back with Beck, Morrissey and several other corking musicians. Good days, despite the weather.

V Festival 2007, on the other hand, was a mud-caked, rainy shithole with only a handful of bearable acts.

Thom Yorke actually seems like an okay, normal-ish guy in every interview I've seen. I'm also always surprised to remember that he has a sense of humour, too.

Little Hoover

The thing is did he always do that thing where he shakes his head from side to side, I seem to remember that started with david gray, but I suppose it must have been going long before him, I do remember on the hail to the thief, there was a little camera on his piano that was being projected on a big screen, and he was doing all sort of goofy things because it felt like you had Thom York's giant eye starings at you.

lipsink

Quote from: Little Hoover on November 05, 2007, 01:43:05 PM
ahh but I'm not done giving this
http://www.sendspace.com/file/frxc7l should contain most of the early one's, I've not included stuff on The My Iron Lung e.p as that's quite easy to contain. No Pop is dead either, you need to watch it with the video to get the full effect of it's sheer brilliance.

It's nothing really, I was just compiling a list for myself and wanted to practice uploading things.

Hi Little Hoover. Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you could upload these again? The versions I have are pretty poor in quality from years ago and I never got around to getting proper versions of them. Don't worry if it's too much trouble.

Little Hoover

Is there anything in particular you want? torrents are easy to find.

I might get round to it eventually, but I don't want to make any promises.

lipsink

No bother. I was mainly looking for 'Stupid Car', 'Coke Babie$', Yes I Am', 'Million Dollar Question', 'Faithless The Wonder Boy', 'Nothing Touches Me' and 'Killer Cars' (both versions).
No rush anyway!

Vitalstatistix

Amplive's Rainydayz remix album is finally up for free DL after some legal 'wrangling'. On first listen it's pretty meh, but an interesting listen nonetheless.

http://www.onesevensevensix.com/amplive/index.html

chocky909

Excellent performance on Later last week. Did anyone catch it? It's available in the usual places probably. They did Bodysnatchers, Arpeggi, 15 Steps and House Of Cards but this was only online so low quality.

Quote from: chocky909 on February 14, 2008, 11:27:55 PM
Excellent performance on Later last week. Did anyone catch it? It's available in the usual places probably. They did Bodysnatchers, Arpeggi, 15 Steps and House Of Cards but this was only online so low quality.
Bodysnatchers was fucking amazing. Whereas 15Step was rather weak. Odd because the former was perhaps my least favorite on the album (maybe All I Need), and the latter perhaps my favorite (Videotape). Not that it isn't all excellent.

chocky909

I forgot it was mentioned earlier. I read it too. Maybe my brain is going bad.

El Unicornio, mang

Oooh, they're coming to Tampa May 6th, tickets are $32-$55 (16GBP-28GBP), cheap at twice the price!

chocky909

There's a rumour that Mogwai may be one of the supports for Radiohead's summer tour.

http://www.mortigitempo.com/too_bored/showthread.php?t=76318

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2889189

I would love it if it is true. Just stick Battles on as the opener and I'll be one happy bunny.

actwithoutwords

Ooh. That is exciting.
As mentioned on that DiS thread, an interestingly ambiguous article by Braithwaite on IR here: http://drownedinsound.com/articles/2522079
It seems like he wants to put the boot in, but can't quite bring himself to do it.

Marvin

Hmm, not really sure I can see Mogwai working as a support band, doubt they'll hold the crowd well. Don't get me wrong, I do like Mogwai's music but they can be a tough live act to stick with sometimes and I don't think they're support band material.

El Unicornio, mang

I saw Mogwai a few years ago at the same venue I'm seeing Radiohead in May, they were fucking terrible. 30 minutes of feedback and mumbling into the mic. I like what I've heard of them on record though, maybe it was just an off night.

Ray Le Otter

Should this be in it's own thread or the "Best Of" thread? I dunno, but EMI are going ahead and releasing a "Best Of".

Tracklisting is:

CD1
'Just'
'Paranoid Android'
'Karma Police'
'Creep'
'No Surprises'
'High and Dry'
'My Iron Lung'
'There There'
'Lucky'
'Fake Plastic Trees'
'Idioteque'
'2+2 = 5'
'The Bends'
'Pyramid Song'
'Street Spirit (Fade Out)'
'Everything In Its Right Place'

CD2

'Airbag'
'I Might Be Wrong'
'Go To Sleep'
'Let Down'
'Planet Telex'
'Exit Music (For A Film)'
'The National Anthem'
'Knives Out'
'Talk Show Host'
'You'
'Anyone Can Play Guitar'
'How To Disappear Completely'
'True Love Waits'

Out June 2nd.

Now to me, that looks okay. No "Pop Is Dead" 'cos it's cack but some might have wanted it for completeness, but this IS a "Best Of" after all. "Knives Out" should have been on CD1 though. No "Stop Whispering" either.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Ray Le Otter"Knives Out" should have been on CD1 though.

Why? 'Cos it was a single? If so then Planet Telex and Anyone Can Play Guitar were singles too.

LeboviciAB84

In the spirit of Shapes And Sizes and the Crimea, Radiohead are putting the individual elements of Nude online for all to remix. Unlike those bands, however (and rather ironically, given their business model for In Rainbows), you'll have to pay for the "stems" through iTunes:

Quote from: info@waste.uk.comTo celebrate this week's single release (we still have those in England) Radiohead have broken up the song 'Nude' into pieces for you to remix.

For those of you who enjoy this sort of thing, you can buy the separate components or 'stems' (bass, voice, guitar, strings/FX and drums) and remix your own version of the song. You can do this by adding your own beats and instrumentation or just remixing the original parts. More information here: http://www.radioheadremix.com/information/

You can buy the stems here: http://www.radioheadremix.com/buy/

You can upload your finished mixes here http://www.radioheadremix.com and be judged and even voted on by 'the public'.
You can also create a widget allowing votes from your own website, Facebook or MySpace page to be sent through too.

Hope you enjoy it

For those of you who aren't that way inclined, Nude is also available in its entirety on CD and 7 inch (UK release) at the usual retail outlets.

Ray Le Otter

Quote from: Paaaaul on April 02, 2008, 05:54:23 PM
Why? 'Cos it was a single? If so then Planet Telex and Anyone Can Play Guitar were singles too.

No, not because of that - because it's just great and would be better there.

chocky909

True Love Waits? I assume it's the live EP version. Silly thing to put on a Best Of Radiohead anyway.

That remix thing sounds very weird. Fancy charging people for ithe privelege! Very odd and I heard that they will have full copyright to the tracks made and uploaded to the site. I'm sure the 'stems' be available on wotseedee and the like though.

I've lost a bit of respect for Radiohead over the Discbox, the price of the tour tickets (especially after finding out it'll be Bat For Lashes supporting) and now this. I really thought they'd be up for free music and doing the best for the fans now they are free of major label control but it seems that they can't resist making a few quid. I thought they were better than that. I suppose it's ineveitable (ineeeveitable!) and it's a shame because I really love In Rainbows as a record and can't wait to see them in Victoria Park.

Oh, did anyone catch them on Radio 2 yesterday. I recorded the 8-10 show, haven't listened yet but I hear they played earlier too. Anyone know if that was recorded and broadcast or made available?

Pseudopath

Quote from: chocky909 on April 02, 2008, 08:31:14 PM
Oh, did anyone catch them on Radio 2 yesterday. I recorded the 8-10 show, haven't listened yet but I hear they played earlier too. Anyone know if that was recorded and broadcast or made available?

It should be on Listen Again - just look for yesterday's Steve Wright show. Nice of them to dust off Optimistic and Myxomatosis for the occasion.

actwithoutwords

Having to pay for the stems is a very strange decision. Very disappointing indeed. Putting it out for free is hardly going to damage sales of the single (from XL's point of view). It's not like there's anyone out there who would download the five stems for free instead of buying the single. Radiohead are definitely sowing the seeds of a backlash here, bit by bit.

What's the point of a Radiohead best-of. Any right thinking person will own all the albums anyway.

El Unicornio, mang

They're such a well known band now though that you can get an album like that for your Grandma or someone.

chocky909

Quote from: its not cool to be weird on April 02, 2008, 09:20:27 PM
What's the point of a Radiohead best-of. Any right thinking person will own all the albums anyway.

Maybe it's for the wrong thinking people?

Quote from: Pseudopath on April 02, 2008, 08:41:03 PM
It should be on Listen Again - just look for yesterday's Steve Wright show. Nice of them to dust off Optimistic and Myxomatosis for the occasion.

They didn't broadcast the matinee live but played a few songs at some point. I believe this was the actual selist:

1. 15 Step
2. Bodysnatchers *
3. All I Need
4. Myxomatosis *
5. Nude *
6. Morning Bell
7. Optimistic
8. Videotape *

9. Optimistic *(again) I think they weren't happy with the first take.
* broadcast so far

DOWNLOAD LINK

Then the evening gig was broadcast in full apart from the encore of Faust arp but here is an audience video.

YouTube link

1. Bodysnatchers
2. All I Need
3. Nude
4. Airbag
5. Reckoner
6. The Tourist
7. House Of Cards
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
9. Lucky
10. Everything In Its Right Place

-encore-

11. Faust Arp (not broadcast)

320kbps MP3 LINK

I haven't even listened to these yet, that's how considerate I am!

Vitalstatistix

candlelightoptometrist

Quote from: actwithoutwords on April 02, 2008, 08:49:35 PM
Having to pay for the stems is a very strange decision. Very disappointing indeed. Putting it out for free is hardly going to damage sales of the single (from XL's point of view). It's not like there's anyone out there who would download the five stems for free instead of buying the single. Radiohead are definitely sowing the seeds of a backlash here, bit by bit.

My sentiments exactly.
As ever, they're already available on google anyway.