Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOLY FUCKING SHIT: RADIOHEAD: IN RAINBOWS: OCTOBER 10

Started by actwithoutwords, October 01, 2007, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niat

Thanks actwithoutwords, I've only ordered one, that's a relief!

actwithoutwords

These have started to arrive, though I haven't got mine yet, which is a bad sign for the emails tomorrow.

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME).  THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

PC: http://www.winzip.com/
MAC: http://www.maczipit.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE,  PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT
downloadinrainbows@waste.uk.com

thugler

Quote from: samadriel on October 09, 2007, 09:02:14 AM
How is 160kbps 'substandard', anyway?  At what point on the scale does a track's bitrate palpably worsen the sound?

It's not shit, but for an album release it's just a bit pointless.

niat

Bah, I never got the first conformation email, but the money has come out my bank account and i printed the conformation page off in case. Just means I won't receive the link. SO I signed up under a different email address for the download last night. Though it means I'm pushed to the back of the queue... so gonna have to twiddle my fingers a bit longer. On another note I re organized my radio head folders so each album has all the connected b-sides with that period, so it will run like a continues extended album.

chocky909

I assume (hope) the first links will be start to be sent out at midnight (GMT). The email says morning but I suppose technically 12am is morning. I also assume many fans will be staying up for it and will helpfully repost the album via sendspace or wherever for people further down the queue.

This is a request for the first people to download it. Please upload it to sendspace and post the links here so everyone who wants to can listen to it tonight without staying up too late. Lots of rep points to be earned.

Being a global release, using the phrase morning could mean anytime. Am hoping they mean midnight too, that would be fucking cool. Boo at the tutting taggers and doubters!

chocky909

Well, the email says
QuoteYOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME).
Also, I don't know if the downloads count in any kind of chart of official record but it'd be good to still download your own copy when you can just in case they think you lost interest or it loses them 'sales'.

Quote from: chocky909 on October 09, 2007, 06:45:29 PM
Well, the email says  Also, I don't know if the downloads count in any kind of chart of official record but it'd be good to still download your own copy when you can just in case they think you lost interest or it loses them 'sales'.
I'd think once you've paid that would consist of a sale whether you downloaded it in the end or not? I don't think anyones sure of the legality of its chart stasis, but thats the point, it questions the whole establishment .

just got my email on my original email, all is good! Meaning I don't have to wade through 8 days of people before i get my link!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Now that I come to think about it, I'm pretty damn excited.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on October 09, 2007, 10:07:21 PM
Now that I come to think about it, I'm pretty damn excited.

I wish they'd been more specific about the release time in the update e-mail (although I suppose it's impossible if they have to stagger the e-mails). NME reckon the activation codes will start getting sent out at 10am, but I'm still hoping for a midnight release!

It's got to be better than Hail To The Thief surely? They've been working on it for years!

So potentially, we could be listening to new radiohead tonight!? (early tmro morning)

Pseudopath

Quote from: Regular Chicken on October 09, 2007, 10:11:25 PM
So potentially, we could be listening to new radiohead tonight!? (early tmro morning)

Here's hoping, although NME obviously have better contacts than me, so they're probably right with the 10am call. However, Radiohead famously hate the NME, so perhaps they've been fed false information.

Argh...just release the damn thing already!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I am tempted to wait and see if anything happens tonight.  It wouldn't have killed them to be a bit more specific, but they do love their bloody mystique.

It's got to be better than HTTT though.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

That last tag is the most cuntish cliché in Clichédcuntsford.  People who insist people don't really like what they really like knock me sick.

Gah!

ziggy starbucks

I've just ordered the download for £0.00

a) I have no money
b) I've spent a shed load of cash of radiohead in the past (singles and special editions)
c) I'll buy either the box set or the normal release later on

Sovereign

I love 'em they're ace/ cant wait for the new album

chocky909

I should be in bed by now. If there are no reports of it being downloaded before 1am I'm leaving it til the morning.

buntyman

Fuck it, i'm going to bed. It probably will be released at 10am tomorrow to be in keeping with the 'ten' theme. Thank goodness I can download anything I like at work.

At Ease has, somewhat predictably, practically ground to a halt. I finally got on and they seem to think we won't be getting the goods until around 10am

QuoteThe download of Radiohead's new album 'In Rainbows' will be available tomorrow morning (UK time). It's been rumoured that the 10 tracks are available around 10am.

The download of 'In Rainbows' is DRM-free, which means the tracks are not copy protected. However, the mp3's which will be sent out in zip file are in medium quality.

As announced today in an e-mail by W.A.S.T.E.: "The album will come as 48.4MB zip file containing 10 x 160 kbps DRM free MP3's." For comparison, iTunes offers tracks at 128kbps (but no Radiohead of course), the Radiohead catalogue at the ateaseweb.com download store offer mp3's at 320kbps.

Either way, the media have all anticpated on the release tomorrow. Xfm will play the album in full (42 minutes and 39 seconds) at noon (again UK time) tomorrow (more information). NME Radio will offer a stream of 'In Rainbows' an hour earlier. Radio AtEase will have a listening party as well. Check the message board for details.

Of course, these 'rumours' might just be from NME, so who knows...

Sovereign

alan nagsworth

I'm gonna buy the download tomorrow afternoon since I've got some cash spare now (you might be thinking "SPARE? RADIOHEAD SHOULD BE PRIORITY OVER YOUR DRUG HABIT" but you might not aswell, I guess)

Will I get an email (more or less) instantly, linking me to the album? I'm kind of desperate to hear it and haven't had chance to order yet.

ziggy starbucks

I think you get sent a code by email, and you put this code into some part of the radiohead website and you can then download a zip file with all the tracks in it.

Marvin

Quote from: nagsworth on October 10, 2007, 12:45:31 AM
I'm gonna buy the download tomorrow afternoon since I've got some cash spare now (you might be thinking "SPARE? RADIOHEAD SHOULD BE PRIORITY OVER YOUR DRUG HABIT" but you might not aswell, I guess)

Will I get an email (more or less) instantly, linking me to the album? I'm kind of desperate to hear it and haven't had chance to order yet.

It'll be all over sendspace and the like by then - not to say you shouldn't still buy it or whatever, just that you will be able to hear it by then.

Pseudopath

Quote from: nagsworth on October 10, 2007, 12:45:31 AM

You should get an order confirmation straight away, and if the album has actually been released by the time you order it, the download link should follow soon after (although they'll probably still be working through the backlog for most of the day).

You'll probably have a better chance of grabbing it from a file sharing site tomorrow and can then karmically redeem yourself by paying for it when their servers have quietened down.

chocky909

I reckon the reports would've started coming in by now if the downloads had been made available at midnight. Looks like it will be 10am then like the reports say, damnit, that means I won't hear it until I get back from work by which time it'll be badly out of date and everyone will be bored of it. It will also make the day drag terribly.

Night then chow heads.