Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is this ever going to be out of the news? (Diana... again!)

Started by alan nagsworth, October 04, 2007, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Yeah, the last smile you were able to get your filthy hands on, you intruding cunts.

They reckon she was covering something up, her smile meant something important... what, that she was having a good day? Sharing an amusing joke? Dodi farted in the lift? Who the fuck cares, she's dead and so should the inquest be.

mycroft

The smile's due to the line of idiot powder she just snorted off Dodi's dick, shirley?

Paaaaul

I find it amusing that after years of moaning about the paparazzi hounding her, all your Express/Mail/OK readers are going to get an inquest that seems to be based upon showing a jury loads of photos and videos made by the paparazzi.

chocky909

I keep clicking on this thread thinking someone's posted in the Maddy thread. A bit annoying that.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Paaaaul on October 04, 2007, 05:35:19 PM
I find it amusing that after years of moaning about the paparazzi hounding her, all your Express/Mail/OK readers are going to get an inquest that seems to be based upon showing a jury loads of photos and videos made by the paparazzi.

That's true. There was a double-page spread in the Mail yesterday with photos of the driver clearly having a whale of a time, whooping and such, all because it was "THE LAST PHOTO! DUN DUN DUUUUN!" And of course it's made all the more exciting because a puff of Di's hair can be scene protruding from behind what'shisface's chair. I mean, christ, these people must press their faces against the newspaper and imagine themselves sat on the dashboard of the car, just to feel like a part of it, because looking at these pictures makes me want even less to do with it.

Quote from: chocky909 on October 04, 2007, 05:44:37 PM
I keep clicking on this thread thinking someone's post in the Maddy thread. A bit annoying that.

I'm a devious bugger like that. Muahaha etc

Kapuscinski

The Mail on Wednesday had a double page spread of colour photos of the crash, even naming the police on the scene and their relationships to each other.

surreal

alan nagsworth

Depends, did she have a rigor mortis smile etched into her face? If not then I don't think the Mail readers are interested.

CaledonianGonzo

A friend of mine works for the Express, and she confirms that the Daily Ex-Princess's constant hammering of the story is due to Desmond's friendship with Al-Fayed.  I've got no proof for this other than hearsay, but apparently sales of the Express do dip slightly when there's a Diana cover (about once a week), but generally high sales do buoy them through it.  Apart from in Scotland, where sales plummet and complaints go through the roof every time Diana's on the cover.

Paaaaul

biggytitbo

Dodi may well have cracked a good joke just seconds before Di was violently smashed to bits inside the car, so we don't know it was her last smile

alan nagsworth

Everyone knows she loves the sensation of jizz on her chin, so it's blatantly obvious that her last smile was not in the lift.

CaledonianGonzo

Joy Nktonga

That is the best Daily Express cover pastiche I have ever seen, complete with over exaggerated slogans headlines concerning the things England should be terrified of. Brilliant. The knowledge that it is not what I thought it was is somewhat unsettling.

Edit: I had to come back and change "Daily Mail" in to "Daily Express" as the two seem so interchangeable sometimes my brain seems to blend the two together.

George Oscar Bluth II

PC going mad, Diana, asylum seekers, gypsies and a pretty dead girl? Too perfect to be real, surely?

chand

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 04, 2007, 09:40:26 PM
PC going mad, Diana, asylum seekers, gypsies and a pretty dead girl? Too perfect to be real, surely?

Pretty middle-class dead girl murdered by drug-crazed scum, to boot.

It's a genuine front page. That paragraph at the top always makes me want to shout 'It's hard to believe because it's not true!'.

CaledonianGonzo

It may not be genuine - it does seem too 'perfect' - but it is the 'sample' front page on Wikipedia's Daily Express entry, and has been for a while.

Uncle TechTip

BBC says it's true. Hard to believe they can get away with printing this shit for two years or more. Why hasn't the markeht driven the thing into the ground.

George Oscar Bluth II

In August, the Express was shifting 827,491 copies a day.

Of the proper newspapers, only the Telegraph sells more.

What a country we live in.

Still Not George

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 04, 2007, 11:53:43 PM
In August, the Express was shifting 827,491 copies a day.

Of the proper newspapers, only the Telegraph sells more.

What a country we live in.
On the plus side, there are more than 59 million people in Britain who don't buy the Express.

Kapuscinski

Quote from: Nyarrrrrrrrrlathotep on October 05, 2007, 12:12:02 AM
On the plus side, there are more than 59 million people in Britain who don't buy the Express.

The good news is the readership for the Express is falling, as many of the people it appeals to are fifty or over.

Plus I think most people in Britain now see the Express as a joke.

George Oscar Bluth II

It's mere mention on Question Time tonight got a laugh from the audience. It's essentially Britain's Weekly World News.

ccbaxter

Last Friday's Express front-page was surely the peak:

Madeleine.
Diana.
Immigrants.
And crazy "something-must-be-done" weather.

"HOUSE!"

Don_Preston

Shame cant actually see the picture. The best newspaper in the world...

LeboviciAB84

Neil

Would make a good photoshop challenge for the new creativity forum, if anyone fancies starting one!?

quadraspazzed

IMMIGRANTS WHO BUILT WEATHER MACHINE THAT CAUSED DIANA'S DEATH STOLE MADDIE WITH HOMEMADE TORNADO.

PAID FOR BY YOUR TAXES.