Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:14:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

John Martyn's left foot

Started by Tom Pynchon's Photo, April 07, 2004, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wooo! there are now three reasons to wish forward  the last week of April, for not only is there, in that week, the release of the (The) Day Today DVD to look forward too but there is also the new CD from John Martyn (his first for four years) called On The Cobbles available to buy - and hs tour in support of that CD there to attend.

What makes this actiivity from John Martyn so significant for a fan like me is  that a fan like me would have - late last year - had the fear that rather than touring and recording with the likes of Paul Wller and Nick McCabe, John would be ........well basically, nothing at all: that he would be dead. This was due to the body of his, which must have been fragile enough from all the drinks and drugs it has had to abosrb down the years, having to suffer the trauma (thanks to a car crash) of a broken neck, and leg amputation (due to a foot infection).

But hey - the old fucker is still standing (or will be if he masters his artifical limb) and will be hopping onto a stage near you soon. Wil he be singing I'm still standing? I dunno - probably not.

www.johnmartyn.net

May the man never lay his head down without a hand to hold.

[/i]