Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle: FAB!

Started by Neil, October 05, 2007, 07:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Wotcha, just a quick one to catch up on the sparse Morris news, and more importantly, to extoll the virtues of a new and actually funny British comedy show!  Thursdays, BBC2, yes that's right, just before "The YouTube Mike Yarwood Show", and his perfectly passable new comedy is the new Jennifer Saunders sitcom.  And it's bloody great.  Course, I've only seen the first episode so far, and maybe it will go careering wildly off the rails from here on in, but I just HAD to prostelytize, as a) I haven't been as excited by a new British comedy for beards, and b) it's that damn Serafinowossname who's unfairly commandeering all the attention in Comedy Chat.

Saunders (aided by creator and co-writer Tanya Byron, yeah her off that) does a spectacularly well-performed talk show host pastiche, while Byron lays out exactly how irresponsible and ill-qualified Kyle and his ilk are.  After accidentally watching a bunch of Jeremy Kyle shows yesterday, I was virtually punching the air at seeing the parasitic cretin being taken apart so comprehensively.  No, he ISN'Tbeyond parody, and how come noone was chanting that when Jerry Springer: The Opera was all over the place? 

Vivienne Vyle is driven by a ferocious anger that is almost entirely absent from British comedy these days (which is probably why it's largely directionless, time-wasting CRAP.)  So check it out.  Actually, I haven't got round to checking out the 'Morris at Bournemouth University' file yet, but wasn't it reported that he laid into Kyle and his ilk in there too?  Must catch up on that - remembering that has made me wonder what the end result of a Morris/Saunders collaboration could have been, given just how excellent early Absolutely Fabulous was.  Morris' latest collaborators, though, are actually going to be Peep Show creators/writers Jesse Bain and Sam Armstrong!  Phwoar, bodes well, given their undoubted gift for narrative and strong, character-led comedy.

Shame that Morris seems to mostly just cast around for the Hot New Things these days, though, instead of finding established talent that could punch him in the ribs and tell him he's talking cack, or just keep up with him and force him to up his game again.  I wonder why that is...my pet theory:  He's an absolutely intolerable control freak, and has got his own way for too long.  Certainly people are seriously worried about giving details about his forthcoming stuff these days (and I understand why, having had unpleasant dealings with one of his hangers-on over Barley).  But you can email me and remain anonymous if you like: waynecarr@gmail.com  thanks.  Kisses.

That's about it, expect to make brief reference to how utterly, bizarrely precious Graham Linehan was on his blog during the second series of The IT Crowd.  Damn shame, that... you'd have thought the co-writer of Father Ted - and a man who was involved with a LOT of the 90's best comedy - could have taken a few negative comments on the chin, without flipping out and deleting all the ones that weren't just shallow, sycophantic dross about 'laughing until knickers become endampened' and 'shooting fluids out of ones nose/ears/eyes.'   "Scan > Negative > Delete!"  Urgh.  As one poster wisely said on here, the difference should be between good and bad criticism, NOT negative and positive.  Oh, and as for meanly casting anyone who didn't like the show as a Morris fan-boy, or (worse) a Comic Book Guy...well, I guess it's nice to see him laying off the Seinfeld cribs with the latter accusation long enough to pinch from The Simpsons, but come on, it just looks ridiculous given the nerdy heart of The IT Crowd (not to mention the updates he writes extolling the virtues of, erm, comic books on his blog, guy.)  Anyway, truly fantastic opener to series 2, shit rest of second series.  Low hopes for the third, given that it will apparently be concentrating a lot more on Matt fucking Berry.  Ho hum.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ySoboBh5Ilg[/youtube]

inuyasha

My god that was as bad as i thought it would be.

Jemble Fred

Well your enthusiasm has certainly made me determined to watch it more closely next week, Neil, as the first episode did next to nothing for me. But I was three-quarters watching at best, thinking 'she's just doing Edina again'. Maybe I was wrong.

TC Raymond

One star out of five in the Mail on Sunday. Dear oh dear.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Don't let it get you down.

Did they review Vivienne Vyle?

Neil

I think I finally figured out how to enable guest posting on this new software, hooray!  Welcome back, Site Update guests.

Testing

Test.

Ooh, it asks you for an email address, I'll get rid of that.

AC

In fairness it's does seem like almost no-one closely watched it. I certainly comprise part of that no-one.  Will try harder!

Neil

Yeah you've really got to keep your eye on it.  Was talking to ApexJazz last night, and he found the exact same thing as me; second time round, we spotted a whole load of new details in there, and enjoyed it just as much.

Personally, I think it's hilarious so far, but even if you don't enjoy it as a comedy, then DO continue to watch it for it's satirical impact, and general all-round excellent cast and such.

Marginal & Troublesome

I remembered to record and watch the second episode last night, an immense commitment to a telly programme for me these days.  [I'm getting older and, in general, washing the dishes with the radio on is far more rewarding than watching the telly.] 

VV is very funny, very angry.  I like the psychiatrist character, who's a kind of figure of reasonableness in the messiness of it all - he's just undermined and overwhelmed by the plight and treatment of the subjects of the shows.  "We're only making telly" indeed, a Nuremburg defence du jour? 

And when it finished and I turned off the tape (Super VHS still in our house), I was dropped into the horror of Graham Norton and Courtney Love and...

Still, it's only telly. 

M&T

georgetui

Hello,
Great forum!
I found a lot of interesting information here.
Does this forum helpful for you also?

Pogue Mahone

wepouys

Hello !
Sorry to bother you. I found this forum when looking through google for forums to use. I need
to install a forum on my website but I cannot find where it is sold.

Where did you get this one

Thanks for any assistance

rudi

Neil stole it from a wizard.

In response the enraged magician cursed him with a hilarious accent.

boxofslice

Quote from: Immiseavedimi on October 23, 2007, 03:16:19 PM
ООО "ТрансГарант Групп "
+7(495)662-58-48 (многоканальный);
+7(495)662-59-48(факс)
ICQ  (263-709-614)

Транспортно - экспедиторские услуги по Москве, МО и России.

ВЫГОДЫ  для Вас:
Услуги нашей компании обойдутся Вам  Дешевле   в среднем на 25%,      потому   что "Мы Действительно делаем Все, чтобы Вы платили Меньше"
У Вас есть возможность  выбора наиболее Выгодного для вас  тарифа: 8-ми часового или минимального
Сделав заказ у нас, вы нанимаете Личного  Менеджера. Он контролирует
Четкость Выполнения всех условий Вашего заказа.
Мы доступны для Вас 24 часа в сутки
Километраж в  пределах 15 километровой зоны от МКАД Не оплачивается!

No thanks im fine with the tariff i have.

JesusAndYourBush

Was the site down for anyone else yesterday?
It seemed to be down for me all day but looking at posts I can see people were posting all day?

Oh, looking at posts maybe it didn't go down until between 10 and 11pm, I could've sworn I tried to get on the site earlier in the day.

Jemble Fred

Pogue Mahone

steven583699

Quote from: proginet on December 04, 2007, 12:18:37 AM
самых лучших программ для раскрутке сайта:
Внимание все цены не окончательные свяжитесь с нами и мы договаримся.
Наша база 4500 белых каталогов из них 2300 для авторегистраций

How very dare you! I'll have you know my sister has never even met Jeremy Paxman!

chocky909

Quote from: sheense on December 04, 2007, 09:48:44 AM
Всем привет, провожу на не скольких разных тематических форумах (в том числе и на вашем chilled.cream.org решил запостить) не большое иследование (опрос) на тему все возможного заработка в сети. Отпишите пожалуйста к какому пункту можно вас отнести:

1. Основная статья дохода работа онлайн.
2. Совмещаю офф работу с онлайн заработком (онлайн работа для меня скорее хобби).
3. Работаю только в офф.

В пунктах 1 и 2 просьба написать основную вашу деятельность и направленность в онлайн бизе и срок деятельности как давно занимаетесь, можно коротко. Для статистики это меня особенно интересует. Заранее спасибо всем кто откликнеться.
Извеняюсь если раздел "rel=top href=./index.php?sid=7069e3f0d8c97c5901e7c30ff75f4ba8 title=Cookd and Bombd Forum Index /" не подходит для моего топика, то просьба модераторам перенести тему в более соответствующий раздел. За сим пока откланиваюсь.

Quote from: babelfish Russian to English translation

Not large of sots interrogation by the theme inet biza

To all regards, I carry out on not how many different subject forums (including on your chilled.cream.org it decided to zapostit') not large isledovaniye (interrogation) on the theme all of possible earnings in the network. You otpishite if you please to what point it is possible you to carry:

1. basic article of income the work of on-line.

2. I combine off work with the on-line earnings (on-line work for me faster hobby).

3. I work only in off.

In points 1 and 2 requests to write your basic activity and directivity within on-line Bizet and period of activity as have long ago been you occupied, it is possible briefly. For the statistics this especially interests me. Previously the thanks to all who to otkliknet'sya. Izvenyayus' if division "rel=.top href=./.index.php?.sid=.7069e3f0d8c97c5901e7c30ff75f4ba8 title=.Cookd and Bombd Forum Index/" does not be suitable for my topika, then request to moderators transfer theme into the more appropriate division. Thus far I take leave for sym.

What has SOTS been up to?

oOgerryOo

Hi,
I'm oOgerryOo.

Just saying hey - I'm new.

SOTS

rudi

Quote3. I work only in off.

I hear that, fella...

Imamuncax

Good afternoon. I the first time at a forum. Very much at you it was
pleasant to me.

rudi

Derek Trucks

Excellent news, and just in time with only a little over 350 days to Christmas.

Patoinfette

Daddy many said I turned umbrella. the of house off garden, blew umbrella,  my and started you dripping vegetable the  the path led you the   he a in out umbrella was sight. There stood   the midst and Can't  his one, rain an saw You've stalks  of got around field, in for that too? pelting hail, help." could corn,"  corn Mab can biggest strange as  When he the of Hal, corn  Hal. to. hold as corner little And and himself "You down tear the wet rain the cried Hal "What under and are  doing?" out the stones the  the  Blake  hail to the hail Blake. don't it answered  come shelter. Mr. holding  the  want   would green leaves all  "Keeping main of   through pieces over Daddy,  so

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Butensredstye on January 12, 2008, 01:25:53 PM
Аренда проектора, экрана, 2227702 Киев, Аренда прокат экрана проектора, 2227702 Киев аренда видеопроектора, 2227702 Киев видеопроэктора с экраном, мультимедийный проектор в аренду и прокат 2227702 Киев, экран с проэктором на прокат 2227702 Киев в аренду.
Необходим видеопроектор с презентационным экраном (044)-2227702 в прокат, аренду?
Наша компания предоставляет в аренду, на прокат проекторы, различные экраны проекционные как юридическим, так и частным лицам. 2227702 Киев
Теперь для выполнения разовых работ, проведения семинаров, презентаций, или любых других целей, вам или вашей компании не нужно покупать проектор с экраном!!! Просто звоните нам, мы доставим Вам выбранный Вами видеопроектор при необходимости вместе с проекционным экраном в кротчайшие сроки.
Аренда и прокат видеопроектора, проекционного экрана, различные модели проекторов, экранов на складе, модели видеопроэкторов Barco, Christie, Toshiba, Panasonic, NEC, проекторы от 70-80 у.е. в сутки. 8067-447-19-49 / 2227702
Состояние проекторов, экранов отличное, прокат, аренда  на любой срок. Имеются проекторы в аренду от 1000 - 12000 лм.
Отдел аренды видеопроекторов 8067-447-19-49 / 2227702 Киев
Звоните, 8067-447-19-49 / 2227702, аренда прокат проекционного презентационного оборудования, аренда прокат проектора NEC 2227702, Barco проектора, видеопроектор напрокат 8067-447-19-49, напрокат проэктор, проэктор  Panasonic на прокат 8-067-447-19-49, проекционный экран на треноге на прокат в аренду, экраны на раме, настенные экраны, экран для проектора 8067-447-19-49, видеопроектора.

That's easy for you to say