Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paintings

Started by Rubbish Monkey, April 07, 2004, 07:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbish Monkey

I started and finished my first painting since i was at school not so long ago and i'm thinking of trying my hand at another one over the days off from work over easter. I bought a canvas pad thingy for me to twat about on today. So if im not fucking about on t'internet or in being lazy in bed, I shall be painting a masterpeice.
well a picture at least

Any other painterists round here then? Show me yours and i'll show you mine.

crap photo

Finished!!!......umm what do you do with these things when you're done?
I know, put it on a Chris Morris website forum!

I probobly should of just posted a picture in the anything goes thread really - sorry

MarmiteCarpenter

Nice painting! I could never paint...the colours would always run, and get all mucky in the palette. I used to draw loads though.

I went through an H.R.Geiger phase, and did a huge picture for my AS Level art, it was wicked, but it's since vanished into the void. All I have left is this thing I did freehand with a mouse and Photoshop 4.0 or something horribly old like that

fanny splendid

I have just bought a canvas with the aim to start painting again. I have even thought about going into town to do some preparatory sketches.

Terezin (160cmx120cm)

On The Bus (200cmx220cm)

Dead Jew with Potteries Chimneys (160cmx120cm)

Station no.3 (29cmx21cm)

Vale 7b (21cmx21cm)

There are more sketches and stuff here.

MarmiteCarpenter

If i say I hate you, please take it as a complement, fanny ;) That is stunning

Nearly Annually

Bag lady splendid, hanging around in bus stations swigging from her bottle of turps.

Most impressive, fandles.

Cerys

Bloody hell, Mr Splendid!

Rubbish Monkey

woo those are bloody great!!!

when i grow up i want to be a fanny

MarmiteCarpenter

Quote from: "JJJJH"Had a free half-hour yesterday.

Thats not very good, your perspectives all wrong

sproggy

Quote from: "JJJJH"Had a free half-hour yesterday.

Eeeeh, you are a scream John.

I prefer this one myself

terminallyrelaxed

Shite, haven't got a scanner. There was me thinking I'd never need one now what with digital cameras and everything...

Spaced Cadet

They are excellent Mr Splendid, some of them have a David Hockney feel, really nice, in fact their good enough to make even David Hockney want some Fanny.

Des Nilsen

Nice work fanny!

I really like Station No.3.

At some point in the next week I'll try to conribute something to this thread, though it's a case of taking some piccies and getting a picture CD done. I have no top of the line digital camera I'm afraid.

Great thread, keep it going peeps.

-

Kingboy_D

Good stuff everyone.

Here are a few of mine, however they are generally quite old

Goth mongous huh? I've just got a graphics tablet so am currently reviving working on new stuff. Will post when finished!

sproggy

Quote from: "Kingboy_D"Goth mongous huh?

I like very much Kingboy, Eve of the War in particular.

Splendid stuff.

sore bottom mum

Nice work Kingboy, Fanny. Both make me look very conservative:
Portraits
Landscape
Dog

Edit: I love 'Station no.3'

jutl

Quote from: "sore bottom mum"Nice work Kingboy, Fanny. Both make me look very conservative:

Those are all excellent SBM...

This is a pretend painting done ages ago for the Artists' Manifesto thread:

Despair Harbour Bombed By Moomins

MrsJojo

fanny splendid and sore bottom mum, I Iike your work muchly!

I'm new to cook'd and bom'd so I thought I'd start somewhere comfortable.... "Paintings" sounded like a nice thread.. I'm trying to add an image in... but I'm not sure how....

This is a painting I did at A-level, it was following a project I did entitled "evocative art"..... accompanying the painting was a mini disc recording of lots of school kids and teacher reactions.... it was great!

MrsJojo

Sore bottom. You live in Muswell Hill!? Do you sell your art, I was wondering if I had seen any in "Art etc" on Muswell Hill Broadway. Muswell Hill is my home in the holidays.

mr rou-rou

welcome aboard you exquistite tart

nice painting, I agree, babies are edible but nine months to produce a meal isn't really going to feed enough people, new born humans aren't really a practical food source, licks lips, but us grownups, now there's some good eatin'

I really like SBM's 'Dog', what size is it? the painting not the dog,

it's intimidating talent you have there, I wouldn't like to be up against you on Watercolour Challenge

MrsJojo

Why thankyou rou rou, as for the exquisite tart... that comment verged on the edge of offensive... but you called me exquisite therefore I shall let you off.

Note the baby is plastic; it's a very small picture but if you look closely it is actually a doll. I had to buy it from a charity shop because I could not chop my own doll up.

I'm alarmed that the painting was thought up all by myself.... hmm....

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "MrsJojo"Sore bottom. You live in Muswell Hill!? Do you sell your art, I was wondering if I had seen any in "Art etc" on Muswell Hill Broadway. Muswell Hill is my home in the holidays.

I've tried the eBay route, but not been very successful!... and as for Art etc.... seems too full of sudo-Dali/Rothko/Athena/Funky-'ethnic' shite... but maybe if i get over my current art lethargy, I'll try!

Do you come from Muswell Hill?

Edit: rou-rou, the Dog painting is 23"/19"!

fanny splendid

Yes, I like SBM's dog, too. I like the flash stuff you have done on your web site, too. The ones with the little men (self portraits?) flitting around the screen to that strange sound.

Hello MrsJojo.

Anymore to display?

While I'm here, anybody got a slide scanner? We were forced to take slides of our artwork at University for discussion purposes. Hopefully now they do it all on laptop and projector. Anyway, the girlfriend and I want our work on a handy CD.

Lt Plonker

I'm rubbish at painting, so here are some bits from my sketch books.

And some of my more rubbish life drawings.

I love all your paintings. I wish I could paint.

Rubbish Monkey

marveloous paintings one and all (and sketches)

i like that last one Plonkey.

reminds me of this un i did many moons ago......

maybe we should of had a sketches sister thread hehe

MrsJojo

Sore bottom mum
QuoteI've tried the eBay route, but not been very successful!... and as for Art etc.... seems too full of sudo-Dali/Rothko/Athena/Funky-'ethnic' shite... but maybe if i get over my current art lethargy, I'll try!

Do you come from Muswell Hill?

I'm in Southampton at the moment. My parents live in Muswell Hill.  "Art etc" can be full of rubbish, and I am still furious that the brilliant little art shop had to go... I loved that place, even if it was just to admire the paintbrushes. Grr.

I realise you were talking about pseudo Dali and Rothko but what are your opinions on both.... Rothko I was unsure of for ages and then I saw his work properly in a gallery and loved it. Dali however a lot of people seem to really like. But I have not been convinced at all.... perhaps I find him pretentious.... I don't know. The most I think is that some of it looks kinda "cool"....

Fanny splendid, most of my work is in sketch books and I have little scanned into a computer... unfortunately I have become a closet artist due to excessive medical student work..... weep weep.....

Rats

I haven't drawn anything for years, here's some scans though from about 5 year ago.

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/scans/

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "MrsJojo"I realise you were talking about pseudo Dali and Rothko but what are your opinions on both.... Rothko I was unsure of for ages and then I saw his work properly in a gallery and loved it. Dali however a lot of people seem to really like. But I have not been convinced at all.... perhaps I find him pretentious.... I don't know. The most I think is that some of it looks kinda "cool"....

I really like them both... It's just sad that Dali's most tedious slick/graphicky painting is what he's remembered for, but that's just 'taste'... as an artist with consistent creative and unpredictable thought he was incredible and really inspiring. I haven't personally had any 'spiritual' experiences in front of a Rothko.. but I love the fact that he sees art/painting as having these possibilities... which when creating, you do sometimes feel. I also like the fact, (as much as he probably wants everyone to feel the painting's spirituality like him) that the work is, in the same way as Pollock, purely about him and what he's feeling when he's painting it... which I think makes it honest and sincere. To me 'art for the people' equals Bad Art....

is my tedious long-winded answer.

fanny splendid

Have you seen An Andalusian Dog? A surrealist film which Dali made in the late 20's?

sore bottom mum

I'm not sure... I know I've been in a possition to see it i.e. at Dali retrospectives/exhibitions ... but if I have it hasn't stuck in my mind.

Is it good?