Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

musicology

Started by dizzidecazz, April 08, 2004, 12:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzidecazz

Well I'll be damned if Prince isn't back in the game. His new album, Musicology, at first listen made me think finally his doing some good stuff again, not great but good. After about the 3rd or 4th listen I was thinking, this could well be his finest work, therefore, the finest work ever as everybody knows deep down inside, no-one is better at this music thingy than Prince.

It's intentionally reflective of a time when he was super-funky. The first track sounds like what I'd imagine Prince would sound like if he was 14, but now. It's restrained. My choice picks so far, 1, 2 4, 11 & 12. Litsen and perhaps discuss....

Nearly Annually

Bugger, it won't let me get anything except the cover at the mo'.

QuoteWhat Do U Want Me 2 Do?
I'd like U to stop doing that now, Ponce.

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"*A*-*hem*

Well maybe if you'd called it something a little more obviously about Prince then he'd have noticed. Cunt.

As far as Prince goes... ehh. There are better musicians. And when I say "there are better musicians" I mean "go into a shop and pick up the first CD you come across and chances are it's better than 80% of Prince's music".

Incidentally, the link in the first post is pop-up hell.

Massive bump... finally got round to listening to this and thought this thread deserves  a proper reply. Its great, the best thing he's done for ages. Cinammon Girl is just brilliant, one of the most infectious songs he's ever written in my opinion.

Marty McFly

i remember reading somewhere that prince has recorded a new song every single day for the past god knows how many years, and he has no intention of releasing any of them.

eccentrics, eh?

Sam

I keep seeing this thread and thinking..."Ah, a disccusion on Adorno, perhaps!" and then I click on it and realize it's about Prince. Bah.

Quote from: "Neil Young"Ten silver saxes, a bass with a bow;
The drummer relaxes and waits between shows
For his Cinammon Girl