Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Please post questions for Armando Iannucci (Dont, it's done and dusted) [rename]

Started by Neil, October 17, 2007, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Bumpity.

Sorry to be a cunt, but does anyone have the MP3 of this? I only just saw it on the front page and the Mediafire link's expired. Oh God, this is making me feel guilty.

Futurebobbers

Nothing yet, Kishi? Hang on, I've got it somewhere.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?1yzo50hz2nj

Morrison Lard

Does anyone still have this please?

That mediafire link is dead.

Thank ye!

Morrison Lard

Not worth a new thread but Armando is on HIGNFY, BBC1 now..

Utter Shit

Crap episode so far. Audience is absolutely dead and every gag is signposted a fucking mile off. That ISIS Equalities Bank gag, I don't know how Saunders got through it with a straight face it was such an obvious, inane joke.

Morrison Lard

Boring as fuck.
First time I've watched this in a couple of years, and it's been a struggle to resist the urge to switch it off.

Guest publication round now. Urgh. On your way.

Utter Shit

HIGNFY is basically the same as Russell Howard's Good News nowadays - a load of crap jokes hanging on the threadbare washing line of short videos sourced from the internet. Except Russell Howard's Good News has the benefit of using sixty-second clips sourced from Youtube which are usually half-decent, whereas HIGNFY uses context-free five second clips from Vine that are almost always...nothing. I mean, that Alex Salmond clip, I have no idea what the joke was supposed to be. Without any context to the video suggesting that he didn't know that woman well, it just looks like a man saying hello a woman who he presumably knows well enough to greet warmly. I'm assuming the implication was that it was a bit odd, but there was no assumption to be made that he didn't know her well, so it didn't make any sense.

I used to give HIGNFY the benefit of the doubt, insisting to myself that it lived or died on the guests, but I'm not even sure that's the case any more - Iannucci was crap tonight. The forces of nature like Danny Baker and Frank Skinner who can make a show funny on their own still thrive, but anyone who is even slightly reliant on a bit of participation is killed stone dead by the lack of atmosphere on the panel and in the audience.

The funniest part of tonight's episode happened inside my head - when Ian Hislop denounced the 'inanity' of the rival panellists on that American news show, I imagined Saunders having the bottle to pointedly gaze at Hislop and then across to Merton. No such luck.

Bump.

Is an mp3 knocking about anywhere?

(Listened to Brooker cab interview on youtube page, enjoyed)

Am also looking for bootlegged C Morris lecture from around same time as this, if any1 can help :)

Quote from: Guy on November 05, 2015, 10:26:22 PM

Oh yeah, your that d1ckhead from the other thread.

Why is the only memorable thing you've done on this forum is troll me? ;)

giveover

giveover

I managed to find this, if anyone wants a copy (along with the Chris Morris lecture at Bournemouth University) send me a PM!

(And if anyone has, or really wants, the Coogan ebook, please PM too!)