Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

STREET FIGHTER IV

Started by Spiteface, October 18, 2007, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

I think it was probably a wise move to keep the basic 2D gameplay.  It actually reminds me a little of the EX games, which weren't that popular, but I liked the first of those on PS1.  It's at least a lot less technical than Street Fighter III was.  That was the one that scared some people away from the franchise I think.

It baffles me as to why Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a Wii-exclusive game.  I suppose it's because the Wii won't be getting SFIV, or something else.  It seems like a really odd choice to put that out on the Wii, with those controllers.

I'd love it if SFIV does really well.  Fighting games have become this real niche thing and it's sad and terrifying at the same time (check out forums like shoryuken.com).  the way that Capcom seem to have stripped back the gameplay from 3 this time round may work in it's favour.

redgonewild

Quote from: VegaLA on January 14, 2009, 02:46:57 AM

It's already an improvement over the Van Damme mess from 94 !!

It's Lana (think that's her name) from Smallville. One of the Black Eyed Peas is playing Vega. M. Bison looks pretty swag in a black suit too.

buntyman

This has certainly been getting high praise but I don't think i'll be rushing out to get it. No point in buying games on release day these day's I'd expect this to be down to 17.99 in two or three weeks.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: VegaLA on January 14, 2009, 02:46:57 AM
It's already an improvement over the Van Damme mess from 94 !!

Bite thy tongue good sir. That film was hilarious (some of it even intentionally).

When they announced this film, I thought it would flop because they simply wouldn't be enough people who remember Street Fighter and would still be interested in seeing a film of it. Guess someone at the studio agrees with me, because you certainly wouldn't guess this trailer was for a Street Fighter film
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1DxKVLVOJ4[/youtube]
Might be mildly diverting. Enough for a Sunday afternoon anyway.

samadriel

Quote from: Spiteface on February 19, 2009, 07:13:38 PM
I'd love it if SFIV does really well.  Fighting games have become this real niche thing and it's sad and terrifying at the same time (check out forums like shoryuken.com).  the way that Capcom seem to have stripped back the gameplay from 3 this time round may work in it's favour.
I expect so*, although I wish they hadn't 'stripped back' the existence of the entire SF3 cast, *mutter*  I'd play Dudley over Balrog any day, and maybe it's just me, but I'd take any SF3 character over Honda;  Elena especially, she's a great character with great moves.  Of course, SF4's relying on pure nostalgia, so it's no surprise it's bringing back all the originals, but what a waste of the generally brilliant SF3 cast (plus Capcom should remember that nostalgia, like all drugs, is liable to be bad for you once the high wears off; it's a good thing the home version has more characters than the arcade, 'cos I'm bored as fuck with the WWs, and I've seen a lot of reviews take the time to express their reservations with just how retrograde the cast is.  Clogging up the new character slots with a crap 'amalgam' boss like Seth doesn't help; frankly El Fuerte's the only new character I have time for thus far).  I don't think much of 'Necro' or 'Twelve', but the rest are superb.
Dimensions-wise, I definitely don't feel short-changed -- 3D fighting isn't inherently better or more complex, and it's so different in nature from 2D fighting that it's practically a whole other genre -- heck, I'd feel short-changed if they had made the next enumerated Streetfighter game a 3D fighter.

*...although I've never understood why SF3's one big change, the parrying system, is supposed to have so alienated 'casuals' -- I'm a terrible parrier, and I adore Streetfighter 3.  I think the answer is that maybe it wasn't really the game's systems -- SF3's commercial failure could just as easily come from it being unfashionably sprite-based, released for a dying arcade market and a dying console, having fuck-all advertising (most non-enthusiasts don't even know it exists, which suggests obscurity, not alienation), and by the 'brand' being diluted by 8 years of "oh no, we're not quite at number 3 just yet, this is Championship Edition...  Now Turbo.  Now Super.  Now Alpha.  Now Super Turbo.  Now some Vs games.  Now Alpha 2..."  Of course, having a whole new cast save Ryu and Ken was a bad move too, familiarity-wise -- although that's no reflection on the actual merits of the new cast.  Ugh, anyway, I suppose that well has been poisoned good and proper by this point; maybe if we're really lucky we'll see some SF3-ers come back via a spinoff in the future.  Maybe an SF4-vs-Darkstalkers game?  Lordy, it'd be superb to see the Darkstalkers cast rendered in kind of an anime Team Fortress 2 style...)

Mr_Simnock

I still remember playing Street Fighter one back at college. It was a bit unbalanced, one fireball and three quarters of the enemies energy was gone. Even Sagat, the original end boss, could be finished with two or three dragon punches. Did Birdie or Geki ever make it to another version of Street Fighter? I'm sure Adon did. Did anyone else know the way to make Guile invincible in the original Street Fighter 2? I can't remember a game making such a calamity at the arcades ( or video games in general ) as SF2 did when it first arrived. Many a college day was spent in long 'winner stays on' contests at the arcade, happy days.

samadriel

Geki never made it further, although you could consider Ibuki from Streetfighter 3 to be an update of Geki since she's got a very 'aerial' game with a lot of air shuriken and stuff; she's a gem, and there was quite a bit of controversy on the Capcom boards when she was mooted for SF4 (after shedloads of big poll numbers etc) and never made it.

Birdie was in the Street Fighter Alpha games, where he manifested as a gigantic black man (he says "Did I look pale before?  I was sick!" as a win quote to cover the fact that he was originally quite the cracker, so to speak), with an impossible mohawk (ie, with a hole in it).  I don't know how he plays, haven't really tried, but I love the design.

Of the SF1 returns, I actually like Eagle the best -- he only showed up in Capcom vs SNK 2, and 'Alpha 3 Upper' for the PSP.  He's the other Englishman, and apparently the first openly gay SF character, heh.  (seemingly due to that old pirouette move of his, they decided to base him off of Freddie Mercury during the redesign/choreographing process.  Aaand his win-quotes are puns on Queen lyrics, naturally...)

Oh, and Adon did make it back.

And there's Gen, he made it all the way to SF4.  Go Gen.  ...I'd prefer Eagle though.

Spiteface

Quote from: samadriel on February 19, 2009, 11:56:48 PM
and by the 'brand' being diluted by 8 years of "oh no, we're not quite at number 3 just yet, this is Championship Edition...  Now Turbo.  Now Super.  Now Alpha.  Now Super Turbo.  Now some Vs games.  Now Alpha 2..." 

Maybe an SF4-vs-Darkstalkers game?  Lordy, it'd be superb to see the Darkstalkers cast rendered in kind of an anime Team Fortress 2 style...)

Hmm...

First of all, I'm pretty sure some of the SFII updates were made purely to coutneract some of the bootleg versions of SFII at the time.  Most notably SFII Turbo was put out as a response to stuff like "Black Belt Edition" and "Rainbow Edition"

The Alpha games were a different series to SFII, although obviously similar in some repects, but it was another story, set between 1 and 2.

SF vs Darkstalkers?  I seem to recall there were plans for a game containing characters from SF and other Capcom franchises.  It was called Capcom Fighting All-Stars.  IT got cancelled after a poor response during beta-testing.

I think this idea could still get off the ground if Capcom tried it now.  Sega's "Fighters Megamix" was rather well-received at the time, and previous Capcom crossovers have done well.

I will be picking up my SFIV collector's edition tomorrow.  My fightstick arrived today.  I'd heard the reports about the stick "sticking" in some directions on occasion.  Unfortunately this is true.  I plan to wait until the warranty is up in 90 days, and replace the stick and buttons with sanwa parts, like the Tournament edition, like a true beat 'em up GEEK.

I never got to play SFIII, but I remember parrying being a part of one of the "Grooves" in Capcom vs SNK 2, and I could NEVER do it, so I always chose the groove that was basically SF Alpha.

I think I may try and be a little different this time round in my choice of character - I always liked the "Shoto" characters in the past (although i hate that term, Ryu's fighting style is NOT Shotokan Karate), and was a huge fan of the "Evil Ryu" character from Alpha 2 and 3, in both how he played, and the background behind the character's existence.  I think I need a change from those guys though - I've started using Fei Long a bit recently in Alpha 3 (I happen to be rediscovering Brice Lee movies, which explains that), so I may see what he's like.

(Jesus Christ this post is a mess, as ever)

bill hicks

Chun Li's tits are massive in this.

Abel's really good. Best of the new breed. His three stage special is piss easy to pull off and can be used at the start to give yourself a nice early advantage.

Except against Seth who is a monstrous, monstrous cunt.

wheatgod

samadriel

Quote from: Spiteface on February 20, 2009, 08:35:25 PM
Hmm...

First of all, I'm pretty sure some of the SFII updates were made purely to coutneract some of the bootleg versions of SFII at the time.  Most notably SFII Turbo was put out as a response to stuff like "Black Belt Edition" and "Rainbow Edition"

The Alpha games were a different series to SFII, although obviously similar in some repects, but it was another story, set between 1 and 2.

Oh, I know there are good reasons for how they went forward (and Alpha certainly is different), but I remember my young associates and the games mags salivating over a prospective "Street Fighter 3" back in the early/mid '90s , and it would've been quite something to capitalise on when the time was right (I would've thought Alpha would've served the purpose, and people were indeed impressed by the graphics, but I was still hearing "when's 3 coming?" from 'casuals' until people lost interest.)  Can't win 'em all I guess.

QuoteSF vs Darkstalkers?  I seem to recall there were plans for a game containing characters from SF and other Capcom franchises.  It was called Capcom Fighting All-Stars.  IT got cancelled after a poor response during beta-testing.

I think this idea could still get off the ground if Capcom tried it now.  Sega's "Fighters Megamix" was rather well-received at the time, and previous Capcom crossovers have done well.

Yeah, there's no need for it to be Capcom Fighting Jam again -- it'd basically just be an in-company VS game, and god knows, most of the VS games were popular.  ...In any case, I'm not holding my breath for new Darkstalkers, but it'd be preeeetty neat.

QuoteI will be picking up my SFIV collector's edition tomorrow.  My fightstick arrived today.  I'd heard the reports about the stick "sticking" in some directions on occasion.  Unfortunately this is true.  I plan to wait until the warranty is up in 90 days, and replace the stick and buttons with sanwa parts, like the Tournament edition, like a true beat 'em up GEEK.
Nice.  I'm stuck waiting for the PC version, although I'm accruing some spare cash so I can buy a 360 MC fightpad early -- not fond of sticks, and in the meantime I can use the pad to better enjoy SF3 and CvS2 on the ole emulators.

QuoteI think I may try and be a little different this time round in my choice of character - I always liked the "Shoto" characters in the past (although i hate that term, Ryu's fighting style is NOT Shotokan Karate), and was a huge fan of the "Evil Ryu" character from Alpha 2 and 3, in both how he played, and the background behind the character's existence.  I think I need a change from those guys though - I've started using Fei Long a bit recently in Alpha 3 (I happen to be rediscovering Brice Lee movies, which explains that), so I may see what he's like.
Yeah, I know a lot of people try calling them 'Ansatsuken' these days (descriptive term, not an actual martial art, etc etc etc), but it seems "Shoto"'s a misnomer for the ages!  ...As apparently Capcom USA insist that the style still be rendered as 'Shotokan' in all translations.  Brand familiarity?  Some bizarre obsessive-compulsive guy in love with the notion of consistency who's stolen a Capcom letterhead?...
I'm a fan of Fei Long myself, I just really like those Rekka Kens and the ole rising dragon kick or whatever it's called (although it's funny how bad I am at rearward-dragon punch motions, considering I can comfortably do a normal dragon punch in either direction -- must be a psychological failing!).  Looking forward to giving him a shot.

A friend of mine has been decidedly unimpressed with Seth, and not a little leery of some of Abel's priority -- apparently he can grab Bison out of a Psycho Crusher?  Haven't played Abel myself, I'll have to wait and see on that one.

Spiteface

Yeah, Fei Long's cool.  the only issue I have is that his alternate outfit isn't the Game of Death tracksuit, but I suppose Tekken has done that to death.  His alternate is still a Bruce Lee homage though, from Enter The Dragon.

I got my SFIV copy this morning.  It's awesome.  It actually reminded me a little of the EX Street Fighters, with the 3D graphics, but gameplay wise, the core basics are right out of SFII.  Then you have the other stuff on top of that (Focus attacks EX moves Supers, and Ultra comobs.).  It's a cliche to say it's easy to pick up, difficult to master, but that hits the nail on the head with this.

I'm emailing Madcatz this weekend.  Looks like they are attempting to address the shitty joystick issue.  I'll see what they say before getting the Sanwa parts.  I can only just get by with that XBox D-pad, and I cannot seem to do charge attacks with Chun-Li effectively from both sides.  I nearly always end up jumping.  That's due to a poor controller, not me.

Oh and as regards the Shotokan/Ansatsuken issue, as I understood it, Ansatsuken is not in itself a "martial art", but a general term used to describe a fighting style designed to kill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansatsuken

That said, the SF canon has always had it that Gouken taught Ryu and Ken a toned-down, non murderous fighting style and Akuma was one that embraced the killing stuff.  Gen is also said to be an Ansatsuken fighter, but his style is nothing like Ryu/Ken/Akuma. Like you say, general descriptive term.

Quote from: samadriel on February 21, 2009, 04:28:26 AM(I would've thought Alpha would've served the purpose, and people were indeed impressed by the graphics, but I was still hearing "when's 3 coming?" from 'casuals' until people lost interest.)

Oh god, those people have NOTHING on the ones I've dealt with.  About 5/6 years ago while I was in Uni halls, I brought my PS1 copy of SFA3 through, most had no idea the SF series went beyond the 16-bit conversions of SFII.  They were all shit as well, so I killed them at it, massive ego boost for me!

VegaLA

Grabbed hold of this only last night.
Shoot i'm out of pratice, I fumbled with all the new peeps and resorted to playing with Ken as his moves are the most familiar with me, need to get my head down on this! I struggled with Balrog a few times and Blanka gave me shit too.

Oh, and had no idea that
Spoiler alert
Eliza is Guile's Sister !
[close]

Deadman97

Yup, the spoiler tags don't work on the new board alright!

I've been playing this a lot since getting it last week, and it's great. I'm wondering what tips people have, and what are people's favourite characters this time around? Any light that can be shed on focus attacks (in particular, how the fuck do you use them properly) would be appreciated- also, if anyone fancies a PS3 fight at any point, please let me know.

Consignia

Quote from: Deadman97 on March 05, 2009, 12:34:02 AM
Any light that can be shed on focus attacks (in particular, how the fuck do you use them properly) would be appreciated

All though I'm no expert at the game, and I certainly don't use them much myself, they are useful to cancel into if you have a block or two on your special bar. So basically, if the middle of a long combo, you can just throw one of these in. You can also take in a hit or two without damage if used as a defence tactic.

- also, if anyone fancies a PS3 fight at any point, please let me know.

I wouldn't mind a quick fling. My PSN user name is consignia. I'll be on at some point of the weekend.

Lee Van Cleef

Has anyone here seen this yet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Legend_of_Chun-Li

I've heard that Balrog punches Chun-Li's mother so hard she gets a concussion and cancer.

VegaLA

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on March 05, 2009, 02:16:28 PM
Has anyone here seen this yet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Legend_of_Chun-Li

I've heard that Balrog punches Chun-Li's mother so hard she gets a concussion and cancer.

Yeah, I saw it last Sunday, mentioned a few key scenes in the new films thread.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Christ that synopsis sounds so bad I may have to see it.

VegaLA

Quote from: Smackhead Kangaroo on March 05, 2009, 06:53:52 PM
Christ that synopsis sounds so bad I may have to see it.

You have to see it. It needs to make enough money to justify 'StreetFighter: The legend of Sagat'.

Spiteface

Is that really going to be the next one?

To be honest, if these are going to be as bad as I fear, I'd rather they just stop, but if any aspect of the SF story is being turned into a film, I want the whole Ryu/Akuma saga to be told.  I'd imagine they'll probably change god knows what with these, but they could hint at some of that if they show the moment Ryu scars Sagat from the end to SF1, because it's pretty much the root of the "Satsui No Hadou" mentioned in SF Alpha.  SF1 technically is the only legit "canon" appearance of Evil Ryu in the entire SF franchise.

VegaLA

Quote from: Spiteface on March 07, 2009, 06:03:21 PM
Is that really going to be the next one?

To be honest, if these are going to be as bad as I fear, I'd rather they just stop, but if any aspect of the SF story is being turned into a film, I want the whole Ryu/Akuma saga to be told. 

Yeah, I hear you, I'm not happy with the storyline of Chun Li's father, its not the story Capcom created but just to see the characters on the big screen gets me excited.

Re The Legend of Sagat, wishfull thinking on my part.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

People really care care about the story in Street Fighter?

Spiteface

I do, especially when idiocy prevails like it did in the Van Damme SF movie.  Charlie becoming Blanka? Jesus.

Like I say, One of my favourite threads that has run pretty much through the whole series, is the Ryu/Akuma dynamic. Ryu is driven by wanting to perfect his craft and become a better martial artist, where as Akuma just wants to fight and win AT ANY COST.

This is rather lengthy, but This is pretty much the ENTIRE Street Fighter story, except for much of Street Fighter IV.  The key thing that appears to have been retconned lately (if his appearance is canon) is the death of Gouken, but that could just be a "what if?" character like Evil Ryu in the Alpha games.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

To each their own I guess. Fighting games have always been about the gameplay for me. I'll play Metal Gear Solid or Half Life 2 for the story but, when it comes to Street Fighter, the only story I'm interested in is the one where I beat everyone else because I am super skilly.

Little Hoover

So i've downloaded SFII HD remix, and my goodness do I suck, I eventually struggled my way through the game on easy mode, but my it was frustrating.

G.I.N.O.

Quote from: Spiteface on February 19, 2009, 07:13:38 PMI'd love it if SFIV does really well.  Fighting games have become this real niche thing and it's sad and terrifying at the same time (check out forums like shoryuken.com).  the way that Capcom seem to have stripped back the gameplay from 3 this time round may work in it's favour.
I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, I think that yeah, it would be nice for SF4 to lead to a renewed surge of interest from gamers in beat-em-ups in general (which seems to be happening anyway to a very small degree, thanks also to services like 2DF and GGPO), but the other part of me resents Ono for his utter shunning of the masterpiece that is SF3, and hopes that SF4 dies like it deserves to. I haven't played SF4 extensively yet, but from what I have played of it I feel all my pre-release worries have been confirmed. I just hope SF4 piques people's curiosity enough to check out SF3... that game is long overdue a release on XBox Arcade.

Quote from: samadriel on February 19, 2009, 11:56:48 PMI wish they hadn't 'stripped back' the existence of the entire SF3 cast ... what a waste of the generally brilliant SF3 cast
Absolutely, and what a waste! SF3 had an almighty cast with so much charisma and diversity. The sheer bad-ass (and fucking terrifying) grappling presence of Hugo; the raw scrapping of Q; the crafty snake-in-the-grass tacticians such as Ibuki, Urien and Yun; that weird fuck Oro; the desperate hit-and-run cowardice of Twelve; Hell, even Akuma managed to have some charisma. All gone! FFS.

Quote from: samadriel on February 19, 2009, 11:56:48 PMClogging up the new character slots with a crap 'amalgam' boss like Seth doesn't help; frankly El Fuerte's the only new character I have time for thus far).  I don't think much of 'Necro' or 'Twelve', but the rest are superb.
Seth is a pile of horseshit. And the insult is that he has some of Urien's and Gill's moves. Not fair.

Of the SF4 noobs, El Fuerte is also the only character I have time for so far, but probably for quite different reasons to you if you dislike Twelve. Twelve is one of my favourites in SF3 (I'm a sucker for underdogs, low-tiers ftw), and the similarities in Fuerte and Twelve are quite big I think. Both weak defensively, both fast with good air games, and both making good use of hit-and-run tricks to get ahead.

Quote from: samadriel on February 19, 2009, 11:56:48 PMI've never understood why SF3's one big change, the parrying system, is supposed to have so alienated 'casuals' -- I'm a terrible parrier, and I adore Streetfighter 3.  I think the answer is that maybe it wasn't really the game's systems -- SF3's commercial failure could just as easily come from it being unfashionably sprite-based, released for a dying arcade market and a dying console, having fuck-all advertising (most non-enthusiasts don't even know it exists, which suggests obscurity, not alienation), and by the 'brand' being diluted by 8 years of "oh no, we're not quite at number 3 just yet, this is Championship Edition...  Now Turbo.  Now Super.  Now Alpha.  Now Super Turbo.  Now some Vs games.  Now Alpha 2..."  Of course, having a whole new cast save Ryu and Ken was a bad move too, familiarity-wise -- although that's no reflection on the actual merits of the new cast.  Ugh, anyway, I suppose that well has been poisoned good and proper by this point; maybe if we're really lucky we'll see some SF3-ers come back via a spinoff in the future.  Maybe an SF4-vs-Darkstalkers game?  Lordy, it'd be superb to see the Darkstalkers cast rendered in kind of an anime Team Fortress 2 style...)
I agree. It also didn't help that Capcom were silly enough to release Third Strike in the midst of a tidal wave of Versus games that looked spectacular but only had a fraction of the patient technical depth of SF3. A real shame. The problem probably wasn't that SF3 was overly technical, it was that its neighbours were comparatively simple. Leave it to the Japanese to keep the old heart of Third Strike beating after all these years.

But yeah, parrying, incredible technique when you get the hang of it... which it seemed Ono never appreciated. I recall a quote from him where he mentions not liking the fact that someone could throw a super-hadoken, and their opponent could parry every hit of the attack and stay standing even if they couldn't survive chip damage. I think Ono misses the point that parrying such an attack takes patience, skill, and a hardcore instinct to claw your way back from defeat. It's also FUCKING SPECTACULAR and makes for an amazing crowd pleaser. If anyone needs convincing:

Daigo Umehara (Ken) vs. Justin Wong (Chun)

Hayao (Hugo) vs. KO (Yun)

Hayao (Hugo) vs. Umezono (Chun)

Quote from: samadriel on February 20, 2009, 02:43:41 AMBirdie was in the Street Fighter Alpha games, where he manifested as a gigantic black man (he says "Did I look pale before?  I was sick!" as a win quote to cover the fact that he was originally quite the cracker, so to speak), with an impossible mohawk (ie, with a hole in it).  I don't know how he plays, haven't really tried, but I love the design.
Yeah, Birdie is beautifully drawn. I presume you're not a big grappler user? He's a cross between Boxer from SF2 (with his charge-activated rush moves), and Hawk from ST with his tight-as-fuck 360s. No kidding, his grab range on 360s is actually worse than Hawk's, they are literally point blank. Effective in corner traps though.

Quote from: samadriel on February 20, 2009, 02:43:41 AMEagle ... apparently the first openly gay SF character, heh.  (seemingly due to that old pirouette move of his, they decided to base him off of Freddie Mercury during the redesign/choreographing process.  Aaand his win-quotes are puns on Queen lyrics, naturally...)
Lol, is that a reference to 'Gief I see?

Quote from: samadriel on February 20, 2009, 02:43:41 AMOh, and Adon did make it back.
Fuck, I hate Adon. It's his voice samples more than anything, Elena's voice audio does the same thing to me. Gah. Pair of screeching loudmouths!

Quote from: samadriel on February 20, 2009, 02:43:41 AMAnd there's Gen, he made it all the way to SF4.  Go Gen.  ...I'd prefer Eagle though.
Gen... fucking awesome character. He's on my 'to learn properly' list when I get back to Alpha sometime.

Quote from: Little Hoover on March 07, 2009, 08:08:28 PM
So i've downloaded SFII HD remix, and my goodness do I suck, I eventually struggled my way through the game on easy mode, but my it was frustrating.
Hehe. Be thankful HD Remix has a half-decent practice mode!

Well, I finally played this in the arcades today. Was working through it on a one-player when some kid sat down and challenged me to my complete surprise (cabinets back-to-back, I like). I was playing Ken (as always, I'm dull) and I truly whomped him in the first fight. I felt I was doing the West proud, he probably thought I was an American but I didn't mind. Then he went Rufus and absolutely shamed me in front of a nascent crowd, including my girlfriend (as if taking her to the arcade on a glorious Tuesday afternoon wasn't shame enough...). And again, as Balrog. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. By this point, I'm pretty much shaking with rage and embarrassment, trying to figure this fucking cunt out. Eventually, I ran out of tokens and had to leave, my girlfriend giving me a meek smile of pity - it wasn't just me who lost face today. I'll be back though, you mulch high school-skipping fuck...even if it means quitting my job.

G.I.N.O.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 07, 2009, 04:22:30 PMmy girlfriend giving me a meek smile of pity - it wasn't just me who lost face today.
You should get her playing it, my friends have tried to get their girlfriends in on it with surprising degrees of success.

Bad luck about having your ass handed to you. You need to focus.

Famous Mortimer

The couple that games together, stays together. Or something. Drag her down to your level.

Well, she's big on the old Super Mario Galaxy/DS/Nintendo in general, so I finally played through that with someone who loves it as much as me...but SF will be a bit of a push. I'm thinking of getting an arcade stick and getting SFIV on the PC.