Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post Your Cover Versions

Started by Beagle 2, October 20, 2007, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Well, it seems the post your own songs thread got shut in a self-promotion sleaze scandal, but I reckon what with CaB radio and everything we should have another musical type thread. So, link an existing cover you've done, pick one speshly for this thread or throw out a challenge! Here's a (very rough) couple I've done, Shangri-La by the Kinks, and Give Me Some Truth by yer Lennon.

They're both pretty straight covers but I guess it's always more fun to hear stuff fucked up, thrash versions of the needle and the damage done or techno carpenters or something. In fact there's my challenge, techno carpenters!

Jemble Fred

Nice! The more Lennon the better.

I'm recording one right now when I should we desperately writing. Or, indeed, shopping.

Here's the cheesy-as-fuck cover of Dean Friedman's 'Lucky Stars' which was cut off on CaB radio last night. Duet with Bunny, from Cornish band Beaver Patrol:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkte47

Beagle 2

Hee, very good. Aw, I dreamt I got a ukulele as my leaving present from work the other night, and was gutted when I woke up. I read the other day they're bringing them in schools to replace recorders as first instruments for kids, which is ace.