Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grovelling to a Saudi Arabian tyrant

Started by biggytitbo, October 30, 2007, 01:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I needed (well not really needed, more like wanted) to e-mail the url to someone, but youtube's blocked from where I'm e-mailing from so I can't get anything other than blankness in your post up above

biggytitbo

Tony Blair broke the law in blocking the corruption trial over BAE:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/10/bae.armstrade

Quote"Had such a threat been made by one who was subject to the criminal law of this country, he would risk being charged with an attempt to pervert the course of justice."

Yet again, the stuffy old house of lords or our judges are the only ones standing up for the rule of law in this country. Prince Bandar comes over here and holds a gun up to Tony Blair's head and threatens to kill British people and Blair backs down and does what he's told. This is terrorism excused by the British government, making a total mockery of all the 'hard line' anti-terror measures this utter skidmark of a government has brought in.

Pinball

Bottomline: Osama Bin Laden is Saudi, Saudis caused 911, Saudi Arabia funds extremist UK Wahabi mosques that caused 7/7 etc.

They are the oil-rich elephant in the room. While you take your belt and shoes off at Heathrow, appreciate the laughable reality of the situation. Tea with the Queen for terrorist scum. But they are rich so that's alright. Nothing else matters but money in our 'system'. Pathetic isn't it? Maybe if you were rich and wore a towel on your head you'd be left alone.

Pylon Man

I don't really know what to conclude from this. On the one hand, we do need the intelligence from the Saudis and if he witholds that, I can't see there's a lot the UK can do to force him not to. Although the Saudi regime is clearly one of the worst around. I agree with Ken Livingstone when he said "I can't wait to see the King of Saudi Arabia swinging from a lampost."

Has anyone read the user comments on that youtube video? Most of them are completely idiotic. Lots of them expressing profound hatred for all Muslims regardless of whether or not they support terrorism, Saudi Arabia or anything else. And at the same time (rightfully) attacking the Saudi regime's appalling human right's record on people in his own country, i.e. Muslims. So they hate Muslims but hate people killing Muslims.

Marv Orange

Nothing new, we did the same in northern Ireland. Shit aint black n white its brown,

George Oscar Bluth II

Except of course, the Saudis would still have been sharing with the CIA, who would doubtless have passed on anything important to our intelligence agencies. An empty threat.

Still, Prince Bandar made a few quid out of it didn't he?

biggytitbo

Looks like Cameron is siding with Brown in backing down when a foreign dictator threatens Britain with terrorism -

QuoteGordon Brown yesterday won Conservative backing for a move that would allow the government to block future criminal investigations such as the corruption case against the arms company BAE System

Entirely coincidently, aren't a lot of tories arms dealers?