Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

M*A*S*H DVD question

Started by Robot DeNiro, February 04, 2004, 05:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robot DeNiro

Does anyone have the season 1 or 2 M*A*S*H DVDs?

If so can you tell me if they have a laughter track or not?  As any fule kno, in America it had laughter, but when the BBC showed it, it didn't.  I'm thinking of buying them you see, but I don't think I could stand watching it with a laughter track.

thanks.

tetoffender

Quote from: "Robot DeNiro"Does anyone have the season 1 or 2 M*A*S*H DVDs?

If so can you tell me if they have a laughter track or not?  
thanks.

If you buy the region one set of either series, you can choose to watch the episodes with or without a laughter track.  It's cheaper too!

Not sure about the region two editions, though.

Robot DeNiro

Thanks Tet (if I may call you that).

I don't have a multi region player, but I think I'll take a risk on the region 2 edition.

I'll report back if it goes horribly wrong.

Ben Ordinary

I've watched the first series on R2 and can confirm that there is an audio option to hear it with or without laughter track.

I opted for watching without but occasionally when I forgot to flick it onto the next audio option, the first swash of bellowing cheesy laughter would scare the bejeebus out of me. And not in a good sexy way either.

Robot DeNiro

thanks Ben.  So my next question is, is it as funny as you had hoped it would be?

Ben Ordinary

For someone who had only seen bits of them on Paramount and such AND borrowed the set off a friend to fill a particularly boring bout of house sitting, I thought they were great. Really enjoyed it. Although the use of a picture of BJ Hunnicut on one of the discs (when he doesnt turn up til much later) is annoying.

It kindled a desire to watch the nightly Paramount repeats but that laugh track...I  just couldnt bear it. The first series was only £14.99 in the sales recently so its definately worth that if you can find it.

elderford

For all of us who complain about not having access to satellite telly, it must be said that the joy of endless repeats of M*A*S*H on Paramount is tempered by the hideous laughter track.

dj_bollocks

We just had a M*A*SH marathon here in Australia - and they also showed the 30th anniversary reunion... Christ they all look like coffin dodgers now...

Still with the US DVD's up to Season 5 now, it kind of all goes a bit downhill from here...

Can we start a fruitless debate as to which era was the definitive M*A*S*H ? And I don't mind the laugh track so much - just glad they're finally releasing them... By the time the Simpsons get released we'll have moved on to about another 3 different formats...

Robot DeNiro

no-one will be remotely interested to learn that I have now bought M*A*S*H season one, and am finding it fairly amusing.  Not great though.

but some of you may be amused to hear that yesterday I caught my flatmate watching it and singing along to the theme tune:  "and suicide is dangerous..."

Well, duh...