Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nominate Online Bands for 6Music Airplay

Started by 23 Daves, November 02, 2007, 01:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

This is really neat, I think, and given the popularity of the "unsigned MySpace bands" thread I started up last year, well worth highlighting in a new thread.

Tom Robinson has started a new radio show entitled "Introducing" on 6 Music.  What it involves is people mailing suggestions for unsigned bands for the man to play on his show, using weblinks to MP3s on MySpace or any other audio medium. Therefore, if you've managed to track down a fantastic new band who you think are undeservedly being sidelined by the A&R men and pluggers in the music industry, you can simply nominate them for airtime yourself. Simple and brilliant, I'd say, and it's surprising nobody has thought of this before.

I've already nominated The Henry Road and Three Chords and the Truth for some airplay, and if you've any particular ideas of your own about who deserves some exposure (I've loads more) you can go to the website here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/tom_robinsons_introducing/

The only downside is that the show is broadcast from midnight - 2am on Saturday, but if enough people engage with this hopefully it will eventually get a better slot.

Neville Chamberlain

Don_Preston

That's brought a bit of sunshine to me day, cheers!