Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,191
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Musical moments which always make you smile!

Started by Vitalstatistix, November 06, 2007, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC Raymond

chocky909

If we're talking Lemon Jelly then the intro to Space Walk must be up there.

QuoteI'm beginnin' to see a, er, point of light on the horizon
It's, er, gettin' larger
Erm, I'm gettin' some pretty good oscillations
Oh it's, it's, it's comin' quicker now
It's, er, it's really going

Any second now.

Here we go...

Eeer, wooh!

Heh heh

Hoo boy!
Heh

That that really is somethin'
Oh that's tremendous
Well that, that, that's just er, beautiful
Beautiful
Beautiful
Just beautiful

Gulftastic

That bit in 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' by Tavares when they go 'Your kiss..........ah!' brings a smile to my face.

daisy11

Lemon Jelly generally make me smile.  Also, hearing the lyric "everyone needs a bosom for a pillow", and most tracks by the Go! Team lift my ailing spirits.

alan nagsworth

Yeahhh The Go! Team's first album is all smiles. Makes me punch the air and grin like a fucker. They're immense live..

Neville Chamberlain

Good grief you're all a bunch of hopeless wet lettuces, aren't you!

I like it when Steve Ignorant screams "Gotcha you Argie bastard!" just as the fuzz guitar kicks in and the drums start rolling. I like me some Crass I do.

Don_Preston

I like it when Black Francis says: "You are the son of a Motherfucker," and "You are the son of incestuous union" on Nimrod's Son!!

non capisco

The piano bit after the horn intro on the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band's 'Piggybank Love' makes me smile everytime I hear it, because I'm almost entirely convinced it was used as a sample at the beginning and end of Girls Aloud's 'Biology'. If I am right about it, I like the idea of a pop hit using a source that unlikely.

Marvin

Quote from: Don_Preston on November 23, 2007, 02:48:01 PM
I like it when Black Francis says: "You are the son of a Motherfucker," and "You are the son of incestuous union" on Nimrod's Son!!

Similarly:

'Losing my penis to a whore with disease, she said 'excuse me please?' '

purlieu

Don't really like the band, but Instant Crassic by NOFX when it fades out halfway through the second verse and you realise that's the whole song.

Spiteface

The bit where the big distorted guitars come in in Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees" at about 2:37.  The whole song just soars.

Loads of Pumpkins ones too, naturally.  The second Chorus and middle eight of "1979" springs to mind.