Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm leaving - to hell with you all

Started by TC Raymond, November 06, 2007, 04:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil, Good morning and welcome back to the poll!

Neil, Close the bloody door
2 (4.3%)
Neil, Close the god-damn thread
2 (4.3%)
Neil, CLOSE THE MOTHEREFFIN FORUM
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Hot Potato!
2 (4.3%)
Neil, I quite like The Wiggles
3 (6.5%)
Neil, I think they're shit
1 (2.2%)
Neil, LambFruit
5 (10.9%)
Neil, WHY DON'T YOU
2 (4.3%)
Neil, Fine, fuck this I'm off
0 (0%)
Neil, ENJOY YOUR TWITCHING BOARD, CORPSES!
8 (17.4%)
Neil, Argh my arse
0 (0%)
Neil, So, what have we learnt?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Why are we still posting in this thread?
2 (4.3%)
Neil, please ban [banned troll]
9 (19.6%)
Neil's big lovely cock
4 (8.7%)
Neil, Neil! - Orange Peel!
4 (8.7%)
Neil, I mean that in a non-sectarian way.
2 (4.3%)
Neil portrudes from a boy's bottom
0 (0%)
Neil, Is he still fucking here?
3 (6.5%)
Neil, since when do I have this power?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, can I bang your sister?
4 (8.7%)
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta
3 (6.5%)
Neil, what's the maximum options a poll can have?
0 (0%)
Neil, do you think they'll break my balls?
0 (0%)
Neil, where's Wally?
0 (0%)
Neil, why have Waspy's Wife tags got so shit?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Eat a Pork Pie in a Mosque
5 (10.9%)
Neil, this place has become a clique.
1 (2.2%)
Neil Pye
1 (2.2%)
Neil, ¿qué pasa con los de corazón partido?
0 (0%)
Neil, what's going on?
0 (0%)
Neil, what's it to you, pissface?
0 (0%)
Neil Neil Neil
0 (0%)
BIG BOUNCING BUTTOCKS!!!
1 (2.2%)
An tSaoi
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Mister Six

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on November 06, 2007, 04:35:27 PM
End of an era!

The end of an ear ache.

Would probably work better if he'd been a regular contributor to Neil's audio thing.

Jemble Fred

I can't fucking believe the phrase 'utterly pedestrian' cut quite so deep, when it wasn't meant to. That was just one disclaimer as part of a paragraph praising TC's technical skills with ink and the like. I think I said the character design was 'utterly pedestrian' – although to be honest that was just a kind euphemism. But I do feel a bit shitty that it rankled so much. Oh well.

This is kind of an anti-climax actually.

Hank_Kingsley

Essentially this is all your fault Jemble Fred. How can you sleep?!

Ginyard

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on November 06, 2007, 05:27:14 PM
Essentially this is all your fault Jemble Fred. How can you sleep?!

I can not only sleep, but snore. LOUDLY. Apparently.

purlieu

As I scrolled down, I read a blur of "my daughter is a puppy", and for some reason believed it to be the response to "how can you sleep, Jemble Fred?!"

I was amused, and then disappointed to find out it was all in my imagination.

Hoskinator

what a finale. 

I wonder if he is expecting us to start a petition to bring him back. 

oh to be misunderstood by everyone

Mister Six

Ginyard

Quote from: Mister Six on November 06, 2007, 05:31:32 PM
I read that as "cleans insanity", which seems oddly appropriate.

I note the words "extremely flammable"...hmmmm

CaledonianGonzo

The good folks at NotBBC are in for an interesting winter and spring.  Good luck to all the dual posters who're registered there as well as here.

Ginyard

...anyway, this puppy is great. Big floppy ears and all

boxofslice

Vitalstatistix

I want to watch his one-man-whirlwind show at his next forum.

The poor bastards don't know what they're in for...

p.s. there's other forums!?

Charles Charlie Charles

steven583699

Neil's going to get a shock next time he logs on. We're all thinking of you, big guy, maybe you'll have one less problem to deal with now?

actwithoutwords

Quote from: [banned troll] on November 06, 2007, 04:14:36 PM
all I get is insulted, flamed and referred to as "a stain and an embarrassment".

Hold on, isn't that one of the humorous hello messages that we have all been getting?
If he thought that was directed only at him, that's really quite funny.

Kudos for the John Self tag by the way. Got a hearty laugh here.

Mob Bunkhaus

I hope Neil doesn't lock this thread until everyone gets a chance to sign their work. Jemble's passive-aggressive claiming of a kill is a classic of its kind.

Strang, sorry, you were right.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: actwithoutwords on November 06, 2007, 06:07:11 PM
Hold on, isn't that one of the humorous hello messages that we have all been getting?
If he thought that was directed only at him, that's really quite funny.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I went to get my hair cut because of those hello messages

Fry

Goodbye, I'm going to miss you. We didn't really speak much, but i enjoyed your posts...well...I guess what i am really trying to say is... C'MERE YOU BIG LUG! *cuddles*.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Mob Bunkhaus on November 06, 2007, 06:09:26 PM
Jembles passive-aggressive claiming of a kill is a classic of it's kind

Sorry, Mob, I'm not getting this at all. 'Claiming of a kill'? I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. You must be well-versed in all these playground internet shenanigans, because I'm not.

TC has constantly referred back to the time I called (an element of) his work 'utterly pedestrian' since I first said it, and the whole thing's irked me ever since. I've not referred to it until now because I didn't want to encourage TC in any form either way, but now he's gone, I'm sort of apologising for having posted something a long time ago which stuck with TC and gave him some kind of extra kick of hatred. I'm just surprised it became such a big deal.

Quote from: actwithoutwords on November 06, 2007, 06:07:11 PM

That's what John Self called him, I think. Been deleted now?

Small Man Big Horse

I've got to say that I'm relieved in some ways, I logged on here tonight expecting about 70 messages again clogging up the forum.

Neil, I think you handled the situation incredibly well, and you shouldn't for a second feel that you've done anything even slightly wrong, and I hope you're not upset or frustrated by what's happened now.

Marvin

I think it was just stain actually, embarrassment was a flourish added later.

Hank_Kingsley

That John Self is a right sexy wee bugger y'know.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Mob Bunkhaus on November 06, 2007, 06:09:26 PM
I hope Neil doesn't lock this thread until everyone gets a chance to sign their work. Jemble's passive-aggressive claiming of a kill is a classic of its kind.

Strang, sorry, you were right.

No need to go all holier-than-thou, Mob.  The number of posters asking for a TC ban were very few and far between.  After a great deal of debate, Neil sent him a warning -something that I don't believe he did lightly - asking him to tone down the abuse.  TC's response was to go and chuck his toys out the pram.

People in this thread are reacting positively to TC's hissy fit/departure.  But what do you expect give the thread's opening post?  What this has to do with a. strang is anyone's guess...other than he lead TC to believe he was being bullied when he wasn't.

Marvin

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 06, 2007, 06:16:30 PM
I've got to say that I'm relieved in some ways, I logged on here tonight expecting about 70 messages again clogging up the forum.

Neil, I think you handled the situation incredibly well, and you shouldn't for a second feel that you've done anything even slightly wrong, and I hope you're not upset or frustrated by what's happened now.

I'd like to second that actually, regarding Neil.

Jemble Fred

I'm still trying to get over this 'claiming of a kill' bollocks. I can guess what it means, and it terrifies me that anyone would think that way – how sad is that? How small would your life have to be to be jubilant about this?

I've fucking avoided getting involved with TC's shenanigans either way time and time again – even when deliberately targeted by him, as I was several times. I just ignored him. It was actually possible, you know, just to ignore him, rather than feeding his bad behaviour. And I couldn't give a fuck either way about him getting banned or not, before or after his flouncing off. Why would I 'claim a kill'?

EDIT: Never mind emailing Strang, Mob, it's me that deserves an apology.

Hank_Kingsley

Yeah, lay off the J.F! All he was doing was saying he felt a bit rum over the whole pedestrian affair.
Though how he sleeps at night I still can't fathom.

El Unicornio, mang

A mug of cocoa and a big biffter I'll wager