Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:55:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm leaving - to hell with you all

Started by TC Raymond, November 06, 2007, 04:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil, Good morning and welcome back to the poll!

Neil, Close the bloody door
2 (4.3%)
Neil, Close the god-damn thread
2 (4.3%)
Neil, CLOSE THE MOTHEREFFIN FORUM
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Hot Potato!
2 (4.3%)
Neil, I quite like The Wiggles
3 (6.5%)
Neil, I think they're shit
1 (2.2%)
Neil, LambFruit
5 (10.9%)
Neil, WHY DON'T YOU
2 (4.3%)
Neil, Fine, fuck this I'm off
0 (0%)
Neil, ENJOY YOUR TWITCHING BOARD, CORPSES!
8 (17.4%)
Neil, Argh my arse
0 (0%)
Neil, So, what have we learnt?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Why are we still posting in this thread?
2 (4.3%)
Neil, please ban [banned troll]
9 (19.6%)
Neil's big lovely cock
4 (8.7%)
Neil, Neil! - Orange Peel!
4 (8.7%)
Neil, I mean that in a non-sectarian way.
2 (4.3%)
Neil portrudes from a boy's bottom
0 (0%)
Neil, Is he still fucking here?
3 (6.5%)
Neil, since when do I have this power?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, can I bang your sister?
4 (8.7%)
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta
3 (6.5%)
Neil, what's the maximum options a poll can have?
0 (0%)
Neil, do you think they'll break my balls?
0 (0%)
Neil, where's Wally?
0 (0%)
Neil, why have Waspy's Wife tags got so shit?
1 (2.2%)
Neil, Eat a Pork Pie in a Mosque
5 (10.9%)
Neil, this place has become a clique.
1 (2.2%)
Neil Pye
1 (2.2%)
Neil, ¿qué pasa con los de corazón partido?
0 (0%)
Neil, what's going on?
0 (0%)
Neil, what's it to you, pissface?
0 (0%)
Neil Neil Neil
0 (0%)
BIG BOUNCING BUTTOCKS!!!
1 (2.2%)
An tSaoi
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Hank_Kingsley

On top of a pile of TC's tear stained comic books?

Artemis

Did anyone ever find out what the TC stood for?

Vitalstatistix

God I bet he's masturbating furiously at all this attention....in that internet cafe!

Seriously though, is no-one going to miss the crazy fucker? I always thought he was a great poster, except for when he occasionally went proper mental and posted about a gazillion new irrelevent, bizarre threads. I've gotten so many laughs out of TC since he arrived, intentional and unintentional.

steven583699

This all seems really weird, because, for the first month or so I was here, I didn't get what all the TC fuss was about. He didn't post anything particularly vitriolic or even-pro-Goodies, so I didn't understand what all the tags were getting at. Then yesterday it exploded out of the blue, and now it's all over. Explanations?

Hank_Kingsley

Save it for a while and have a TC nostalgia thread...

CaledonianGonzo

I'm gonna miss him.  Funny thing about TC's pseudonyms.  His other alias appears to be Jimmy Vespa, King of the Mods - which is as Boosh-derived a name as you're likely to hear.

Quote from: TCHe's the king of the mods and he'll be coming at you like a red hot Rickenbacker with floodlit pick-ups.

Well, I bogled like a bastard on Saturday night and that's not something I make a habit of doing...once BCF unleashed the sea-funk (on loan from Moon and Noir) there was no stopping me!

no_offenc

Pylon Man

I used to think you were alright, but then I saw that post when you said you didn't really like ISIHAC.

mister_enmity

You're the first guy to post in that one thread I made in CC. Safe, you cocksmith!

Mr. Analytical

"You UTTER CUNTS!  Why don't you like me?!"

Santa's Boyfriend

For the last time, SHOW US THE FUCKING HATE MAIL!!!!

Sigh.  Now we'll never know.

Goldentony

This is like Ghostbusters II when Vigo gets covered in Slime and dissapears into an abyss forever.

"I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS TOWN"

El Unicornio, mang

Oh, you think everything is like Ghostbusters II

Goldentony

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 06, 2007, 07:09:17 PM
Oh, you think everything is like Ghostbusters II

silence!! you ahh like ze buzzing of flies to me!!

chocky909

Bye TC. You were extremely irritating but you also seemed like a nice guy through it all. Good luck with everything.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: steven583699 on November 06, 2007, 06:32:21 PMThis all seems really weird, because, for the first month or so I was here, I didn't get what all the TC fuss was about. He didn't post anything particularly vitriolic or even-pro-Goodies, so I didn't understand what all the tags were getting at. Then yesterday it exploded out of the blue, and now it's all over. Explanations?

Because he's done it before.  Yesterday's behaviour repeated itself every few weeks.  In fact, a few months ago, he was doing it every soddin' day for a week or two, which is when all the fuss really did first kick off.  Then he was persuaded to calm it down a bit, but even so, every few weeks off he'd go and have a mad day or two like yesterday.  That past behaviour is the source of all the tags and digs you've been seeing since your arrival - your confusion stems from the fact that he obviously hasn't had one of his mad days since you've been here, until yesterday.

WHY does he explode like this every few weeks?  Well, it's probably either inadequate medication or, more likely, boredom.  But who knows for sure?  Maybe not even him.

As for him leaving, well to be honest it's a blessed relief, really, if it's true.  Solves Neil's dilemma for him, anyway.  Not to say that it isn't a shame though, occasionally he really did bring good things to the table, and I actually rather liked his comic stuff (the talented bugger!), but the disruption at other times became just too much to bear.

Uncle TechTip

Best thing to do is let it slide. Last Active: Today at 18:03

chocky909

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 06, 2007, 07:24:22 PM
Best thing to do is let it slide. Last Active: Today at 18:03

Come on. You really expect him to not read the replies? Of course if it was me, I'd log in with an alternative to stay incognito, maximising the flounce off.

Ambient Sheep

Oh, and...

Quote from: Marvin on November 06, 2007, 06:22:37 PM

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 06, 2007, 06:16:30 PMNeil, I think you handled the situation incredibly well, and you shouldn't for a second feel that you've done anything even slightly wrong, and I hope you're not upset or frustrated by what's happened now.

I'd like to second that actually, regarding Neil.

Thirded.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 06, 2007, 07:28:05 PM
Oh, and...

I'd like to second that actually, regarding Neil.

Thirded.

fourthded.

Little Hoover

Damn you got there before me, I wanted to fourthded it, fifthdeding it isn't the same.

You know what we should do before Neil wakes up is start thousands of new topics, and not make any more responses to this topic so that the thread gets completly buried, meaning Neil doesn't see it, and is left forever wondering what happend.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Little Hoover on November 06, 2007, 07:42:44 PM
Damn you got there before me, I wanted to fourthded it, fifthdeding it isn't the same.

You know what we should do before Neil wakes up is start thousands of new topics, and not make any more responses to this topic so that the thread gets completly buried, meaning Neil doesn't see it, and is left forever wondering what happend.

i did wonder if fourthded was a word ... great plan.... dont think it would work though :)

the chances of this sinking are slim arent they

Mister Six

Borboski

Gagh, I never like this sort of thing.  It always feels like hounding, even when it's not.  Despite my spiralling post count over the last two years I've never got into any sort of personal ongoing dialogue with posters (heh, well maybe a couple of you, you know who you are, do I need to mention "totalitarianism", wink wink, sloppy kiss?!), but it does seem like a rule of thumb to be recognised: please GOD don't take it too seriously or leave the keyboard riled because of something someone* has written.

*Someone on the internet who you'll never even meet!

Having said all that this statement is wonderful and I will now be punctuating any reponse to a comment that I disagree with a variant of it:

THE DEATH OF THE BOARD HAPPENED TODAY AND YOU'RE ALL TOO BLIND TO SEE IT. ENJOY THE LAST TWITCHES OF THE CORPSE, KIDS.

God bless you TC.

I liked your comics TC, always did. Hope you can find something to do with them. And be honest, it's not like you really enjoyed your time here is it? Better off going somewhere who appreciate your style more.

The Widow of Brid

Quote from: Borboski on November 06, 2007, 07:47:53 PM
Having said all that this statement is wonderful and I will now be punctuating any reponse to a comment that I disagree with a variant of it:

THE DEATH OF THE BOARD HAPPENED TODAY AND YOU'RE ALL TOO BLIND TO SEE IT. ENJOY THE LAST TWITCHES OF THE CORPSE, KIDS.

It's like watching the still birth of a child, but knowing you'll be able to watch them play in the afterlife on IMAX.

RE: [banned troll] my views on him are known, and no-one really stands to benefit from me reiterating them. If he genuinely has fucked off then I might show that Alan Moore thing to a wider audience while the memory is still fresh.

chocky909

Well I think Neil has blood on his hands. We've lost a very valuable member of the community due to Neil's utter ineptitude and pot-addled power tripping. In fact, if TC's going, then so am I. [/strides off in a manly way that doesn't suit him]

Actually, I reckon Neil's handled this pretty well and I'm glad TC's off. However I'm not a massive fan of his 'profile tweaks', such as changing peoples' avatars, adding 'custom titles'. As a bit of fun, it's fine but sometimes it seems a little... I don't know? Isn't MuteBanana still sporting a sig that says "ANJELICA HUSTON IS A PONCE"? Is he alright with that? I reckon that part of what Neil did with the Josie Long and Boosh avatars probably played a big part in causing TC to explode today.

I'm not trying to blame Neil for this per se, just making the point that changing peoples' profile info in an aggressive way can really set people off. It annoys me, seeing it happen to other members. Of course, I'm unaware of the releationship between these members and Neil so I may be interpreting this as bullying when it's more a case of friendly horseplay.

I hope I don't end up with a "Mogwai are shit!" tag above my avatar now.

chocky909

Shit! He walked into the room as I was slagging him off.

23 Daves

In the times where he actually restrained himself, TC was actually a good poster and forum member.  On the times where he thought 232 threads a day were necessary, however, 200 of which were usually about a sandwich he just made, he was the worst poster ev-ah.

I actually wish he could stay without rubbing loads of people up the wrong way or missing the point of the forum entirely, both of which were things he seemed to keep reverting to time and time again.  And like the goth band in South Park, there was always a bit of resentment in his posts, but you almost got the impression he was doing it in some perverse effort to be loved.

"I hate your faggy forum/ I hate your faggy forum/ I hate your faggy form/ That showed them... but I hope they beg for me to come back."