Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morris questions

Started by skibz, April 11, 2004, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skibz

A few dumb questions I have that don't really fit into any other threads... please help :)

1. Does anyone know if My Wrongs was originally made as a sketch for Jam? Just there's the hidden trailer and the subliminal shots... (and a weird shot of Rothko at the end of one episode)

2. Does CM use his own kids in any of his sketches in Brasseye/Jam?

3. When transferring some of the sketches from Blue Jam to Jam, is it just me or is the audio track in some of them (e.g. sweary man ranting about his 4ft car) ripped straight from the radio? Is this why these sketches were filmed with Frame Reduction, so they didn't have to worry about syncing up the video and audio?

4. Did CM have any input into Father Ted? Just that he seems to collaborate a lot with Matthews/Linehan...

thanks

Neil

1. Yes, but it wasn't used...the closest jam has to a monologue is that sketch with Mark Heap and the gun.

2. Wouldn't think so, I imagine the press would crucify him.

3. Yep.

4.  Not that I'm aware.

Goldentony

in relation to No. 2

in the jam intro where they're all by the bonfire, and the kids say jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam the taller kid who first says it resembles morris a bit i reckon so im guessing that could be his kid?

i could be lying tho

40 lashes with a horse whip

skibz

Quote from: "Goldentony"in relation to No. 2

in the jam intro where they're all by the bonfire, and the kids say jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam the taller kid who first says it resembles morris a bit i reckon so im guessing that could be his kid?

i could be lying tho

40 lashes with a horse whip

He does doesn't he? (nearly got it symmetrical)

I was also kinda thinking of the sketch with the 4-year-old girl helping Kevin Eldon get rid of the body... Just I can't see many parents being too happy about gettin their kids to do that kinda thing :)

butnut

Quote from: "skibz"I was also kinda thinking of the sketch with the 4-year-old girl helping Kevin Eldon get rid of the body... Just I can't see many parents being too happy about gettin their kids to do that kinda thing :)

Oh, I don't know. There's loads of parents despate to make their children stars and will do anything that might help. Including letting them do sketches with dead bodies for CM.

Neil

That girl is also in the BES as I recall (as one of the fans in that terrible rapper bit), and all the kids in that where from stage schools, and their parents had been informed about the nature of the show etc.  I seem to recall some paper lying about this though...sketchy on the details... ah yes, I think some paper mentioned that the head chap in the stage school was apparently furious at being misled over the nature of the show, but it transpired that this was press lies if I recall correctly.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Quoteskibz wrote:
I was also kinda thinking of the sketch with the 4-year-old girl helping Kevin Eldon get rid of the body... Just I can't see many parents being too happy about gettin their kids to do that kinda thing :)

I seem to remember hearing a rumour that the girl's voice was dubbed over by Julia Davis', who provided the little girl voice in the original Blue Jam sketch.

Quotein the jam intro where they're all by the bonfire, and the kids say jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam the taller kid who first says it resembles morris a bit i reckon so im guessing that could be his kid?

The boy (Johnny?) who he shuts in the filing cabinet and later asks Simon Pegg whether he fancies him, looks a bit like Morris.

Darrell

Quote from: "skibz"3. When transferring some of the sketches from Blue Jam to Jam, is it just me or is the audio track in some of them (e.g. sweary man ranting about his 4ft car) ripped straight from the radio? Is this why these sketches were filmed with Frame Reduction, so they didn't have to worry about syncing up the video and audio?

I'm sure the TV version of 4ft Car has rerecorded audio, you know.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "skibz"3. When transferring some of the sketches from Blue Jam to Jam, is it just me or is the audio track in some of them (e.g. sweary man ranting about his 4ft car) ripped straight from the radio? Is this why these sketches were filmed with Frame Reduction, so they didn't have to worry about syncing up the video and audio?

I'm sure the TV version of 4ft Car has rerecorded audio, you know.
Nah, if you listen to them both they are exactly the same, you can tell it hasn't been rerecorded.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

In the BES 'Art censorship' segment, the photos of kids are all old school pictures of the cast/crew aren't they?

The huge girl's head on the small body - there were rumours that this is a young Jo Unwin (Mrs Morris). True?

Re Rothko - has it actually been confirmed that it was shot in full for Jam? Weren't they just a couple of unfinished test shots that he stuck in to excite fans?

Neil

The photo's used in the BES were the crew, yeah.  Not sure about Unwin, I've been thinking about that the last couple of minutes and I do seem to recall some twat posting that on a messageboard in a sort of "haha he was perving at his wife as a kid" way.  Didn't make myself clear about Rothko, last I heard was that they had filmed bits of it and gave it up as unworkable, I doubt a full version exists but you have to wonder how much more there is...  TJ might know more about this?!

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

EDIT; How do you post pictures again?

Bilko

You can only post pictures that are up on the web. If you have something on your hard drive you wish to post you need to sign up to an image hosting site. This is the one I used.  http://photobucket.com/ When you've signed up you can browse your hard drive for files then submit them.

Then copy and paste the url of the image inbetween .

TJ

Quote from: "Neil"The photo's used in the BES were the crew, yeah.  Not sure about Unwin, I've been thinking about that the last couple of minutes and I do seem to recall some twat posting that on a messageboard in a sort of "haha he was perving at his wife as a kid" way.  Didn't make myself clear about Rothko, last I heard was that they had filmed bits of it and gave it up as unworkable, I doubt a full version exists but you have to wonder how much more there is...  TJ might know more about this?!

I heard that some 'test footage' was shot for a jam version of Rothko, although how much this amounts to I don't know... could be anything between twenty seconds and twenty minutes! Weren't there rumours of a one-off special shortly before jam was transmitted (when we still believed it to be called 'Apes And Music')?

I'm fairly convinced that's Jo Unwin in BES. It would explain the 'thanks' in the credits, for one thing.

Neil

Hmm, a one-off special based around the monologues sounds vaguely familiar.  I remember some brass list posts from around that time when some guy said he knew someone working on jam, and that he'd been told it would have "revolutionary" camera-work and effects...I think a couple were mentioned but the only thing I can recall was something about a helmet with a camera built into/onto it!?  Dunno if there was any truth to it.

QuoteI'm fairly convinced that's Jo Unwin in BES. It would explain the 'thanks' in the credits, for one thing.

Do you think Iannucci's in there too, then?!