Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Videogaming

Started by Mister Six, December 02, 2007, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Table Top Joe

Quote from: Still Not George on March 01, 2009, 02:04:18 AM
Yes, a lot, although I've not pre-ordered as I'm fucked off about this "special forces edition" malarky. Seriously, that's just taking the piss, putting up a 15 quid extra version with more units in it.

Yeah for six units it's a bit of a rip off. Amazon is doing it for 34.99 at the moment.

QuoteWhat are the chances of it having half decent AI and not being horribly bugged?  Pretty slim I'd say after rome and medieval 2

I just hope they don't bring out a patch that is on the wrong side of 500mb like with Medieval.

Anyway, it's out on Wednesday which is a bit strange isn't it?

Hobes

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm mid way through Mass Effect, and Wow. A game where the characters have distinct believable personalities, a varied and interesting game world and, cracking gameplay with solid gunplay. Despite the sci-fi 101 storyline (so far anyway) I'm enthralled. Just in case there are any out there who have yet to play:

Spoiler alert
The choices are difficult because of the emotional attatchment to the characters, having to decide who to save (and who to sleep with) actually feels integral to the world and plot, rather than a tacked on gimmick.
[close]

Absolutely love it, I may even consider paying for the extra downloadable content - something I've never done.

HappyTree

Quote from: Hobes on March 02, 2009, 12:30:57 PM
Spoiler alert
The choices are difficult because of the emotional attatchment to the characters, having to decide who to save (and who to sleep with) actually feels integral to the world and plot, rather than a tacked on gimmick.
[close]

Absolutely love it, I may even consider paying for the extra downloadable content - something I've never done.

Spoiler alert
Yes, I played first time as a nice girl. Took all the nice options, tried to be honest and fair, maxed out the paragon bar. I'm currently playing through a second time as a bad bitch. If you make different choices at the beginning plus play differently it does change the story noticably. First time I went for a lesbian tryst, lol. This time I'm going for the guy.
[close]
And I may too download the extra stuff. I hope Mass Effect II is coming soon!

Hobes

Regarding character relationships in Mass Effect:

Spoiler alert
Who did you choose as a lover? I've gone for the sexy blue alien, although have yet to consumate the relationship.
[close]

I'm going to play through a second time being an evil sod (much like yourself, but as a female) but using a different xbox profile, as decisions made in this game will affect Mass Effect 2. 

Still Not George

Quote from: Hobes on March 02, 2009, 04:04:33 PMI'm going to play through a second time being an evil sod (much like yourself, but as a female) but using a different xbox profile, as decisions made in this game will affect Mass Effect 2. 
I'm assuming you'll get to choose one of your saved characters for that purpose, though - it'd be crazy otherwise.

Hobes

I'll be using completely different profiles (one Gold, one silver) as so to not accidently save over the 'good' run through.

It's testament to the game though (£4 second-hand too!) that I'm contemplating a second play through before finishing the first. Was it popular on release? or are my tastes out of sync with the rest of the gaming world?

Neil

Eeeh yeah, I must get back to Mass Effect, I'm quite near the end I think.  Awesome game. 

Anyway, this thread's too big now, please start a new 'un.  Cheers.