Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Manic Street Preachers

Started by Backstage With Slowdive, December 09, 2007, 10:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backstage With Slowdive

According to the Kentish Town Forum email flyer I've just received, the Manics are

QuoteKnown for their anthemic critiques of capitalism

lipsink

I forgot how brilliant it is to hear James sing Richey's lyrics. Did anyone see the Channel 4 documentary on a few weeks ago. Nicky said that Richey's lyrics seem to inspire James' writing a lot more than his does. Quite sad but nice to hear him being so honest.

Saw them live last night at the Roundhouse, first time I'd seen them. Such a great live band- so much energy on stage, and JDB's live voice is incredible. They played "Journal for Plague Lovers" from start to finish and then did a second act of just the classics, starting with "Motorcycle Emptiness" and finishing with "Design for Life". Great show.

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: Ghost of Troubled Joe on May 29, 2009, 11:48:40 AMa second act of just the classics, starting with "Motorcycle Emptiness" and finishing with "Design for Life".

Like their last tour, but with the crap taken out.

lipsink

Anyone see James Dean Bradfield on BBC Breakfast this morning? He told a funny wee bit about Castro tried to get them to stay in Cuba a bit longer: "Come, stay and we will smoke cigars and eat chicken."