Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cable TV/ Broadband providers - or how I ended up wanting to firebomb Tiscali HQ

Started by 23 Daves, December 20, 2007, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheatgod

Lfbarfe

23 Daves

Quote from: Lfbarfe on January 17, 2008, 03:14:17 AM
Did the new box work, Daves?

For about a week, now it's packed up again and I can only get the Internet, no TV!  Tiscali have said "We might be able to get you a new box by the end of January!". Note use of the word "might" there. 

We're knocking them on the head and attempting to sign up with Virgin.

wheatgod

Mister Six

Worth pointing out that NTL have gotten a shitload better since Virgin bought them out.

23 Daves

Quote from: Mister Six on January 17, 2008, 10:06:17 PM
Worth pointing out that NTL have gotten a shitload better since Virgin bought them out.

Aha, you say that now, sir!

Virgin seem rather confused as well.  We've phoned them in order to obtain a service, and it seems that somebody has mistakenly given them our address to run their cable TV service out of another neighbouring flat.  Now, this is the second time in our block this has happened, and I really don't understand what the confusion is.  We keep getting electricity bills (and cut off notices) for a building contractor who quite obviously isn't based in our flat - and the fact that we also subscribe to the same electricity company and have a different supply and different bank details should be a giveaway as to that error, but they do struggle to understand when they send threatening letters. 

Anyway............ Now it seems Virgin Multimedia have possibly the same person registered as enjoying a TV and internet service from our abode as well.  To check that we genuinely have no service, they are sending somebody around at a convenient date to "analyse the property" and check we're not trying to defraud them in some way.  They have to do this before they can set a date for an installation.  All because some dickhead couldn't get his address details right on the form he filled in when he opted for their service, and the contractor they sent round obviously didn't verify or check them.   

It's really not going very well, this, is it?  Looks like I'll be Internet-free and television-free for at least another 3 weeks, if not a month.