Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gigli

Started by EFB, April 12, 2004, 03:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFB

I'm not sure which forum this fits best into, Comedy Chat probably as for the right people, this will bring much amusement.

Sometimes a film comes along that is so bad, it transcends badness and tranforms itself into something intensly amusing. Gigli is one of those films. Its one of the best examples of it that I have ever seen.

If you want to see a film about gangsters, abduction and lesbians (and, lets face it, who wouldn't!) Gigli tries to look like it can deliver that, but fails dismally. Its like watching the fat kid in the egg and spoon race at school constantly dropping the egg and funbling around despite the race being over for 10 minutes, completely unaware of his jeering peers. Its that type of jeering mindset you need to watch and enjoy gigli. (I've lost the weight now, by the way)

From the very outset of the film, the dialogue is pure cheese. A giant tofu dialogue party with cheese and wine, minus the wine, to follow.

The retarded character tries to do an impression of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman, coupled with the looks of Screech from Saved bh the bell and randomlu occurring tourettes syndroime. The tourettes outbursts provide some of the most cringeworthy moments, when telling Ben Affleck to shut up, he adds the phrase "pissfart!" to the end. He describes how looking at J Lopez makes him feel by saying "She makes my penis sneeze. And I say God bless you penis!" Its like watching William Shatnet try to do Shakespeare. You're not watching it for the artistic value, you're watching it to jeer from the sidelines.

Its turkey time. Gobble gobble.

Lumiere

Bloody hilarious. I went to see it with my pals for a laff. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

king mob

The one thing that went through my mind watching this was "people got paid for this?", it has from all accounts killed J-lo's film career.

Good!